We see Arya blind and she drinks poison. We also see her face as a disquise...

We see Arya blind and she drinks poison. We also see her face as a disquise, which would only be possible if she was dead. My theory is that Waif and Arya traded places and were pretending to be the other. When the Waif (Arya disquised) is watching Arya being portrayed by a faceless man, its like watching the actors play a role of someone else (hence the troupe theme). As she sees the perfection of someone else pretending to be Arya, she is filled with bitter resentment while also trying to pretend the role of the Waif.

When the Waif reports that she has failed, faceless Jaqen says "A shame, a girl had so many talents". A girl. Its intentionally vague because it could relate to either Arya or Waif, but the implication is that Arya had failed by not poisoning Lady Crane. The smirking Waif is actually Arya laughing at herself.

Whats happening is that Arya (disquised as Waif) is spying on "nobody" playing the role of Arya and seeing herself in a weak, vernable, sympathetic light. An Arya that doesnt want to kill strangers and offers advice on how to act better. It is a cruel way of teaching someone who they really are.

The test is to kill yourself and thus become no-one. First, Arya-Waif kills Lady Crane, proving grounds for challenging identity. When Arya-Waif kills Arya after slicing the candle (we didn't see the death scene), the face is removed and Arya changes disguise from Waif back to Arya. Since only one face can be worn at a time, once 'imposter Arya' is dead, its not only symbolic but leaves the face available to assume identity. Arya is now nobody, wearing the disquise of Arya and playing the role of Arya Stark.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H47ow4_Cmk0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

When she assassinates herself (killing the faceless man assuming the Arya role), she became no-one and Jaqen validated her accomplishment. When she stuck to the role of "Arya", pretending the natural role of her former self, being hostile and vengeful "I'm Arya Stark and I'm going back to Winterfell!" it was like an inside joke on playing the role to the max. Jaqen chuckles because she takes the roll of pretending to be her former self seriously.

finally someone got it right

Nah, it's just shit writing. Get over it.

>We also see her face as a disquise, which would only be possible if she was dead
her face was taken after she stole a face from the wall. it was her punishment. she get her 'face' (her sight) back when she drank the shit.

If Aryas story is taken at face value and doesn't evolve with any twist AT ALL, I will agree.

I doubt your ignorance regarding shit writing. Once the season is over, I will make a final judgement.

stay in your general you faggot

Has the show ever done a plot line this intricate or clever? No. People have come up with very clever explanations and theories for events and plot-lines in the show but in the end it has always been revealed to have only surface level depth.

The show is not smart and it is not complicated.

That's retarded

its plausible and I want this to be true

but this is the writing of DABIDS and probably just terrible writing and terrible plots as usual

you are giving the show too much credit. we are talking about people who wrote "arya gets stabbed in the gut repeatedly but then she sleeps it off and then she's ok to do parkour."

you are the autist that was promised

Then why would the Arya impersonator know where her sword was hidden? Or better yet why would she take a stance with it or cut a candle in half?

I think you're giving D&D too much credit than they deserve. Arya was just like "m8. cba being faceless. Im off home kid, cya in a bit"

>We also see her face as a disquise, which would only be possible if she was dead.

that's wrong though, even in the books.

you don't need to flay someone's face off to use it. the faceless men literally use magic for that.

what I think is that the Faceless Men can learn to mimic other peoples appearance just from looking at them. that way the room with the faces is like a library of different outfits for them to wear.

Congratulations you put more thought into this post than Dabid put into season 6

Ok you caught me, I haven't read the books and I'm assuming the faces are made from dead based on what I see on the show.

>disquise

>really believing this is what happened.
>implying that this would be a good story if it really happened

OP here.

Two things when rewatching season 6

Episode 2: "Come. A girl is not a begger anymore." This signifies she is changing roles completely. She is willing to stay blind and hungry and remain nameless and passes her first test.

Episode 3 - "Who else is on arya starks funny little list? Cersei, mountain, and frey (How convenient)

"That cant be everyone YOU want to kill. Are you sure you're not forgetting someone?"

"Which name would you like a girl to speak?" THATS THE KEYWORD! When Jaqen gave Arya 3 names of people to kill, her third was the most shocking: Jaqen himself. When she was confronted with which name to speak (which person to kill), she has to kill herself to TRULY become NOBODY!

Why did Varys return to Westeros? For VARIOUS reasons.

youtube.com/watch?v=H47ow4_Cmk0

stfu the writing sucks period

Screencap this when I'm right faggot

nice dubs

But even if you're right, whoever got stabbed should have died or at least not been able to do parkour and shit.

The writing is still shit no matter what.

Who says she didn't die? Faceless men die. Jaqen already off'd himself once as I recall. It was no-one who took his spot. Having no identity or emotions associated with your true self leaves you to become which ever face you desire. Jaqen has probably been 20 different faceless men playing the role of Jaqen.

>Who says she didn't die?
The show when she's literally nursed back to health by Lady Crane.

For all we know, Arya might just be another faceless man playing the role of Arya from now on. For her to achieve the ultimate task of being no one, what difference does it make if its actually the original her controlling the face of Arya?