Find a flaw

Find a flaw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CRj-1fiDrmA
youtube.com/watch?v=5ey-oqKUW2Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ripped of Half Life 2 designs because they're insecure shit movie people who will get nowhere in hollywood

>putting 'cloverfield' in the title

the tacked on piece of shit ending

A bottle of scotch and some fire making a whole alien ship thingie explode

Shit end.
Howard being right was the right choice, but it should have just ended with her escaping and seeing something horrible in the distance.

Ending

the ayylmaos

not showing MEW naked.

not showing Goodman raping MEW.

Weak character arc. We're merely told through a boring dialogue that she "runs away" from things, so her change into a "fighter" or whatever doesn't really feel convincing. Especially considering she's fighting to get out the entire movie. The end with her in the car is almost embarassingly bad and pretentious because of this.

Really dumb contrivances like she happens to like fashion, and the girl wrote HELP in blood in the place that only she can check out.

And the whisky bottle (which itself was a rip from something else - at least War of the Worlds).

And the stupid ending in the first place. Complete tonal shift and totally unexciting.

And you're telling me Goodman didn't have a gas mask, but was literally prepared for anything else?

>literally just popped in my head
>ending is a shot of girl looking absolutely terrified and shocked
>cuts to full body shot of her overlooking a huge fucking monster absolutely tearing a skyline to shit
>see her body just faint
>starts to fade black, you just barely see Goodman appear out of shot limping walking towards her, maybe even pull her body out of shit
>cloverfield monster scream we all know
>credits

i was with it until the molotov

>Weak character arc. We're merely told through a boring dialogue that she "runs away" from things,

The entire reason that Howard found her in the beginning of the film is because she was in her car, running away from her problems with Ben

The whole "Cloverfield, but not really Cloverfield" is a lame, attempted cash-in on the name, even if Abrams has come up with some contrived way to now link the two films; you can tell that this was originally made to not connect to the first film

DUDE ALIENS LMAO

I don't know why you guys are obsessed with the idea that she started out as a coward and turned into Rambo by the end.

The first thing she did was after finding that she was captured was calm down and try to escape.
Trying to escape and to fight the situation was always part of her character.

The real question is if her and the other guy believed that the outside was fucked, why didn't they try to kill Howard when they knew he was dangerous?
Surely that'd be easier to accomplish than creating a homemade protection suit.

>MEW did not have a character arc because she was always a fighter! Even at the beginning!
>I wonder why she didn't have the guts to kill Howard, even though she knew he was dangerous, until the very end of the film, though...

Your post.

The ending is literally the best part

Utterly mediocre

I just realized that the monster in the movie wasn't the aliens but John Goodman.

i fell asleep during it... garbage tier movie...

the ending was so shit i actually raged about the time i spent looking into the face of 3 good actors on such a mediocre fuck fest of a movie

The sci-fi themes are not original, they are overused lately.

So was Goodman's character a rapist/pedo or what?

Would have liked to see MEW fucked within an inch of her life

serial killer

I saw a theory on here yesterday that Emmett was the killer.

Emmett doesn't keep barrels of acid in his bunker.

the alien was filled with flammable poison gas

this. Fuck all the faggots who complain about it. It was surreal as shit, I've never seen anything like it in any other movie

Casting MEW.

Watch more movies

We literally see Goodman's character murder Emmett.

MEW isn't sitting on my face.

Apart from Dusk Til Dawn I can't think of anything else that does anything like this

delet this

The theory was that Emmett murdered the girl that scratched "PLEH" on the window of the air supply room.

And that was the reason Goodman's character freaked out about Winstead's character flirting with him at the table. Also, why he threw the table at Emmett during Winstead's character's escape attempt.

I admit that it's pretty flimsy, but it is somewhat plausible.

>the girl that scratched "PLEH" on the window
What did she mean by this?

Ha.

Why did they use a girl that looked just like Marla? Why say it's not "cloverfield" when it is.

Honestly, i never felt she was in danger inside the vault, as long as she played along with the fat dude, she would live, same for the dude, and everybody knew that there would be monsters outside because of the name of the fucking movie, there was no twisty at all.

it painted the man who was trying to protect a girl in the wrong.

This.

>goodman is a doomsday prepper, stocked to the gills with everything for any situation
>doesn't have a hazmat suit or gasmask anywhere, she has to make her own instead of killing him and stealing his

The whole movie essentially being an 1hr 45min trailer for Battle: LA.

Boring
Nothing interesting happens really
Aliens looked cringy/that ending sequence had me laughing
Boring
John Goodman wasn't bad at least. Literally only reason to save this waste of time movie.

We found the flaw. Going further with this, if they had brought up wanting to make a hazmat suit for situations like going near the door or through the vents again he would have more than likely agreed with the idea.

Seriously. I was actually enjoying the movie. I thought the credits would roll when she got out and saw the UFO but all the shit after that was just...too much.

GUYS PLEASE ANSWER

Who was Megan? Was John Goodman a child rapist?

this tbqh

bump this thread, just watched.

"sci-fi" edge of tomorrow style aliums were regrettable

cuteandprettythings.com pls

>you can tell that this was originally made to not connect to the first film

There were many connections, like the envelope lying on the floor with the name of the company connected to the first film.

>if they had brought up wanting to make a hazmat suit for situations like going near the door or through the vents again he would have more than likely agreed with the idea.

He might have said no, because he doesn't want the people under his care to leave.

Maybe he hid his hazmat suit and gas mask where no one could find it, like he hid the barrel of acid.

This, just because you didn't see the fucking gas mask, you cretinous children, it doesn't mean he didn't have one!

Does it also have connections with Hajime no ippo?

I agree, she was a big flaw on this flick

>10 Cloverfield Lane

thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=CRj-1fiDrmA

youtube.com/watch?v=5ey-oqKUW2Q
it sucked

PleaseLetEmmetHave(hiswaywithme)

1. How did the fatman know about lmaos?
2. Why did he kill the first girl?

Why not just slit the fat man's throat while he's sleeping?

>Guy hellbent on trying to keep the people he's "saving" from ever leaving the bunker
>"Oh yeah guys and the hazmat suit and gas mask is underneath the couch if you ever wanted to use it for anything besides going outside, don't do that."

He probably kept them in his room you fucking idiot.

this movie was an ok script that the faggot known as jj abrahms found and decided to loosely connect it to some other shitty movie be made by adding some shit at the very end of the movie to make it seem original

it couldve been a great movie but he had to make it stupid as shit because jj is a fucking hack and if you like his work then you are a pleb tier retard

>come on....

Yeah. I'd even be fine if she heard something on the radio saying "go here to fight." Taking down aliens completely unarmed was retarded.

>this whole post
Sup Forums average user

Great moment. Should have ended right there and would be a better film

>Sup Forums average user
whats that even supposed to mean?
this movie sucked and jj is a shit

A lot
watched it the other day
meh~alright.
Nothing special
it was made of moments and didn't feel that great altogether

What do you supposed he could have meant, retard? Such an elevated level of discourse and comprehension

>this whole post
Sup Forums average user

that guy is so fucking retarded he cant even form a sentence fragment correctly
>Sup Forums average user
it should be
>average Sup Forums user
im pretty sure by the level of butthurt that you are the samefag who said that in the first place