So from 2018 onwards the Europa literally becomes the best competition to watch, right?

So from 2018 onwards the Europa literally becomes the best competition to watch, right?

whats happened?

England, Germany, Spain and Shitaly get 4 guaranteed spots in the CL group stages.

i can see the arguement

from a neutral POV, the group stages of the Champions league are boring as fuck and only become interesting when a team like Shitty fuck up

with more of the big teams guaranteed a spot and based on what you said, 50% of the teams will come from the big4 Euro countries, it will be more competitive

>2018
>still no gf

Bad feel

>more good teams
>fewer shit teams
why are people so asshurt about it?

What's the problem? England, Spain and Germany have 4 every year anyway, the qualifier is piss easy.

it already is

>Sevillawinslol

>he isnt looking forward to watching FC Ludogorets
casual

y-yeah sure is hehe

This. The only league that is going to notice this change is Italy since their 3rd teams usually shit the bed in the qualifiers, so now they'll have 4 teams instead of 2.

I'd still much rather have the 3rd and 4th best Serie A teams in the CL than the champions of Croatia and Slovakia

Yes, CL will have literally the same quarterfinalists every time
don't forget about "historical merit"

It fucks smaller leagues in the arse. The revenue from big european competitions are a lifeline in smaller leagues but now that money will almost dry up completely as more of it shared by the big boys. Also some of us out there adtually enjoy watching smaller teams like rostov, ludogorets and zagreb test their strength againstbthe bigger teams.

as long as it doesn't get to the point big clubs get invited even though they shat the bed domestically i'm alright with it
if it gets to that point i might as well stop following it and go watch ICC in the summer

>The revenue from big european competitions are a lifeline in smaller leagues
One mans lifeline is another mans cancer

Celtic and Olympiacos are basically untouchable domestically because of UCL shekels and consequently those leagues are boring as fuck

I'd rather a shit-tier league like the MLS or A-League where there is parity than a shit-tier league like the SPFL where one team just dominates

>this is what manure fans tell themselves

kek

Fair point but I do think its going to negatively affect european football as a whole if more and more smaller clubs are left out.

>The revenue from big european competitions are a lifeline in smaller leagues
It's not a lifeline for a league, it's just a huge injection of cash for the top team that allows them to dominate the domestic league while not being nearly enough to let them build a team that's relevant on the European stage. Teams like BATE, Dinamo Zagreb and Ludogrets have been CL regulars recently and they're not any closer to actually challenging the Spanish/English/German teams than they were 5 years ago.

The smaller teams are just group stage fodder and this will never change, we might as well let the best of the best play instead of forcing in the small ones.

I think it's good that they made it official that small clubs have no place in the CL. Maybe the clubs here will stop overspending in an attempt to qualify for it.

I will know that feel

>not having locked CL sports for historical merit

do you even american

Yep Roma and Villareal did great this year

He said, Spain, England and Germany, not Italy.

And Villarreal are an outlier, they lost their 2 best players in the summer and had a great coach resign a week before the play off. La Liga has 4 teams in the group stages anyway because of Sevilla.

>fucks smaller leagues in the arse
No, it fucks the big team from smaller leagues in the ass. The smaller leagues are actually better because the big teams have less money and so can be beaten by the smaller teams. CL money for clubs in smaller leagues is like parachute payments for clubs for clubs relegated from the PL: it makes it uneven.

Yes. why do we let compete all these underdog in domestic leagues it is stupid as fuck. Bundesliga title should be a two leg game between Bayern and dortmund, all those others games are useless

>Champions League
>allows non-Champions

League Champion + National Cup winner from each country, seeded knockout competition. Less sheckels for the moneyclubs but would be infinitely more interesting.

Yes Villareal doesnt count you are right

Who cares, Europa League is much more fun anyways

What a retarded argument.

The Bundesliga features the 18 best teams from Germany, not 12 best teams and 6 wild cards from lower leagues because muh poor underdogs.

The Champions League should feature the 32 best teams from Europe, not 22 best teams and 10 wild cards from smaller leagues because muh poor underdogs.

Roma and Villareal are Porto tier, they don't deserve that extra spot. It terms of making more money for the competition they do deserve it. There will be more money for the teams that are in the competition.

Read the name of the competition again:
CHAMPIONS League
Get it?

Another step closer to sleepwalking us into the '€uropean $uper £eague' that TV companies want.

>Roma and Villareal are Porto tier, they don't deserve that extra spot.
Should be:
>Roma and Villareal are Porto tier, in terms of merit they don't deserve that extra spot.

Except this was a policy to help prevent that.

Less retarded than your wild card argument to be honest my beloved cuck. They are champins you know

Porto has been more relevant in CL than Arsenal , for example. If you want to make a championship in which only teams that can really win it can participate... you should make a championship with no more than 5-6 teams

Mhm. The next step (even mentioned in the press release) will be 'select spots' that ensure the likes of Man Utd, Liverpool and all the biggest brands qualify.

Within the next 10 years it'll be designed to all but ban unmarketable teams they don't like from competing through extra playoffs, tiers, seeding etc.

Trusting UEFA's integrity is a mistake.

So I take it you'd rather watch Seinajoen Jalkapallokerho - Zalgiris Vilnius in the Champions League than Real Madrid - BVB, right?

Seinajoen and Zalgiris are CHAMPIONS after all, they clearly deserve the CL spots

Cup Winners Cup

>he enjoys watching the sams teams over and over and over and over

It'd honestly be refreshing m8.

In a way, it's better for the smaller teams. More interest in matches played by big (by fanbase) teams means more TV money for everyone.

So you watch games between two obscure teams from the baltic states? Or are you talking about Barca 7 - 0 Baltic Team? Which of these is refreshing? Both are pointless.

How many Polish League games have you watched over the last 2 years? If you crave "refreshing" football so much then nothing is stopping you from watching it.

Unless, of course, you're just talking shit over the internet and would turn off a game like that after 20 minutes.

And yes, I'd gladly watch the same teams in the CL every year if it guarantees top level football.

arsenal always finished at least in 4th place and won their qualifying matches to get in the CL though, i don't know why you're using them as example when this clearly benefits Liverpoop and ManUnited more

Teams from smaller nations are never gonna be able to compete with the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona. Equalizing as much as possible all the clubs in the top 5 leagues is what will make this competition exciting.

>killing cheeky underdogs

I swear if this means Basel is offed I'll contemplate sudoku

Juventus would win the PL even now so its not Shitaly.

You are fat or autistic? Colombia is not a place i think of where guys cant into gf.

>milan ded
>inter ded
>everyone else literal whos

yeah it's Shitaly.

Porto is a better team. They would beat all 4 epl teams in the UCL now. They are stacked with the best mexican players.

spotted the false flagging argie

>infinitely more interesting
Not in terms of people watching the games i.e. less people would be interested. Which means less money for German, Italian teams and less possibility to compete.

>porto tier
Thats supposed to be an insult? They have won more trophies in europe than all 4 epl teams in the past 10 years.

I'm white.

No, I'm just saying that based on merit and not interest in their teams there's no reason an Italian team (Juve excluded) deserves that extra guaranteed spot.

Arsenal deserve to be in ot despite being perrenial shit the bed artists?

maybe, but nobody from the "main" countries would care about it so the tv stations would cry bc of it...

lets be honest here its all about the money and even a Neverkusen or Tottenlel bring in more sponsor money and tv rating than ANY east european top club.

the CL is THE moneymaker for the UEFA so they push more clubs from the big 4 into it

im more surprised they seem to ignore France

I'm not a fan

Maybe not.

I'd rather see Inter play in the champions league than Ludogrets or Legia Warsaw

>Neverkusen or Tottenlel bring in more sponsor money and tv rating than ANY east european top club
Which actually helps the smaller clubs, if they qualify.

Arsenal are constantly a top 4 team in the 2nd best league in the world and constantly get into the last 16 of the CL.

Of course they deserve to be there.

Fun fact.

In the Madrid/BVB/Sporting/Legia group, Legia are the only actual champions. Guess they deserve the spot more than the other 3 teams there, amirite guys?

so what's the point of having any qualification at all? Just pick the seeded 16 and have a closed NFL style league where they can play each other 4 times a year or something and stop raping existing competitions

The qualification should be for the literal who teams that don't have any hope of progressing anyway I don't see why Roma and Porto should have to play each other for a group place whilst 2 literal who teams from the middle of nowhere get a far easier draw

you didn't really answer me, why even allow smaller teams in there?

they fucked up a good thing out of greed

If anything England should have lost a spot

Because there's no objective way of determining the 32 best teams in Europe besides a coefficient system

why the fuck are you idiots using arsenal as an example

arsenal either qualified to group stage directly or won their qualifying games, this doesn't change shit for them

liverpool, united, tottenham, those are the teams that miss top 4 and can benefit from this. liverpool and united specially because of the "historic coeficient" which arsenal never won shit so they don't get nothing out of it

they literally just determined the 16 best teams with a coefficient system

Yes we should lose a spot because we don't lose in qualifying like every other nation

>shitting on your own country
I like.

your teams have been very mediocre for the most part and should not be considered part of the big 4

England constantly have 3-4 teams in the CL ro16 , why the fuck do they deserve to lose a spot?

They should get 1-2 more, I'd much rather have United there than Celtic or Club Brugge

>your teams have been very mediocre for the most part and should not be considered part of the big 4
shitty literally just made top4 last CL

one club from england, one from germany, two from spain

guess you can kill all other leagues from europe then

If we're mediocre I'd hate to think what Germany, Italy and France are when their teams struggle to get through the qualifying rounds and always get knocked out in the group stage

Why don't you just suck Eplel's cock if you love it so much?

Italy gets 4 teams??!??!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!

wat??!?!

and I would much rather not.

Do any of you children remember the Monaco/Porto final? We must make sure nothing like that ever happens again.

sorry bro they won a bunch of shit between 1990 and 2007 so they have more """""""historic merit"""""""

I won't suck its cock but I'll gladly watch their games.

I'm watching one right now. Why aren't you watching Club Brugge's games if you want them in the CL so badly?

"Champions" league

what did they mean by this?

I don't know man, I'm starting to think Katyn wasn't such a bad idea after all.

>Do any of you children remember the Monaco/Porto final?
i do
it was way better than real x atletico in the last one actually

but sure, lets kill all sense of surprise and upsets from the CL, big teams always have amazing games, just remember how amazing all City games in the CL were

>le """funny""" flag banter
not an argument

>i'm watching eplel
>so i wanna watch eplel in the """""""champions"""""" league too

Are you retarded?

Why the fuck are you using Porto-Monaco final as an example of something that won't happen under the new rules?

The French and Portuguese leagues will still have 3 CL spots.

If by best, you mean 'bandwagoniest', then yes.

In fact, they should rename it to the Bandwagon League

Uhmm, no.

It goes like this
>Manchester United are one of the 32 best teams in Europe (better than Brugge, Legia and Ludogrets)
>so I wanna watch Manchester United in the Champions League instead of Brugge, Legia and Ludogrets

They should just move it to China. Only those fags and some autistic polacks would watch that shit anyway.

>broh, englel should get like 15 places in the UCL
>that will be fun, won't it?

because he was the one talking about porto-monaco first and i just replied him you polack mongoloid

I still don't know why you autists are so obsessed with the EPL when Shitaly is clearly the one benefiting from this crap. All teams not called "Juventus" there are dead and will pretty much get a free pass to CL every season despite being shit, and they will also get a ton of money because of "muh historic coefficient and past CL wins"

>broh, englel should get like 15 places in the UCL
Who are you quoting?

>because he was the one talking about porto-monaco first and i just replied him you polack mongoloid
You replied and acted like the new changes will somehow hurt teams like Porto and Monaco.

Pretty much. epl football is awful to watch and the teams get epxosed a lot by the other big 3 leagues but because they get viewed more they somehow deserve 4 spots

Italy have shitty teams. Roma, who spent over 100 million was naturally eliminated by Porto, wich is not even the best Portuguese team. Sorry, but even Portugal has better teams in Europe then Italy