After you send my groceries down this single-lane conveyor belt could you pack them into a brown paper bag with no...

>after you send my groceries down this single-lane conveyor belt could you pack them into a brown paper bag with no handles?
>okay that'll be 200 dollars plus tip and bagging fees

The weird thing about our checkouts is that we don't let the cashier's sit on a chair/stool because people think that's lazy.

that's a pretty nasty thing to do

>tfw you have to pay .50 for each bag
>tfw they're reusable and too thick to be used for picking up dog poop
this law impacted my life in a pretty major way

California banned plastic bags and paper bags cost .10, it's fucking retarded I hate this state so much.

no they didn't. the banned FREE plastic bags. now they charge .50(paper or plastic are same price) but the bags are reusable and thicker.

>land of the free
>bans free things

your state is glorious

Actually, baggers aren't allowed to accept tips. Union contract says so.

>implying anything more that .1℅ of baggers are unionized

plus co kurwo?

You should travel more if you think california is a difficult place to live

t. Californian

>americans unironically have people whose job is to bag your groceries
Explain this

Same here. Apparently it's bad for the environment or something.
Now they give away paper bags.

they tried to make this rule when I worked in a supermarket in the UK, everyone just ignored it because fuck them cunts

It's a meme only in gas stations. Most of us have shitty self checkout. It's bullshit. I wish we had baggers again.

Aldi is incompatible with my dispraxia and autism
I can't keep up with the cashier pushing my goods to a tiny island at the end of the counter

Union membership is mandatory in most states.

It's just one of the things store clerks do between stocking shelves and cleaning.

???
It sure isn't in Walmart or Target or any other major retailer regardless of the state.

On the background you can see the call that saved America.

When you live in a 1st world country, there are tons of dumb jobs.

My friend had a job during college to stand outside a store with a sign, paid like $9/hour.

Sounds like you're in a Right to Work state, you lucky fuck. I have to pay dues or get fired.

That doesn't mean union membership is mandatory for all stores. It's only if the store has an existing union.

This is a thing in commiefornia only.

In free states where we still have plastic bags and baggers, they bag your groceries, wheel it to your car, and refuse to accept a tip.

At least that's how it was at my local Brookshires

Just about all of them do, these days.