Electric guitar

discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=D_6iN8RYjQY&ebc=ANyPxKpJyn1CLrHHhOC_9cYMklFStx5bU2-nFYsWJ9jIKpr7tS4y4nWaLcaNsifh5BnBLo39QAwqHR7SzC3ktbqJLsWVPbxHDA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Thats a synthesizer.

NI-NU-NI-NU-NI-NU-NI-NU-NI-NU-NI-NU-NI-NU-NI-NU-NI-NU-NI-NU-NI-NU-NUHHHHH

A versatile, easy to learn instrument that, despite it's drop in popularity, is now showing up in different genres.

Dick Dale still tours but will die soon

the nickelback of instruments

is this metallica

>drop in popularity

maybe in actual music but people wanting to pick it up doesn't seem to have changed.

I get annoyed by the people who instead of
practicing focus on getting expensive effects, guitars and amps as if that's what is going to make them good.

Yeah, there's so many websites and YT channels devoted to gear that have propped up all these boutique pedal companies, and all of a sudden everyone's ordering 550 dollar Strymon Bigsky's or Eventide H9's.

> implying i wouldn't sperg in my pants if I had those

I guess those two examples are at least extremely versatile. The worst offenders are probably distortions/fuzzes that are 150 dollars or more - sure, some are cool but I have just as much fun with my old Big Muff.

Probably the most versatile instrument in the world bar a synthesizer
it has a huge part in the musical revolution of the 50's-60's for this reason

So guitarists shouldn't be able to get the tone they want? They should just be happy with a shitty one and practice?

If I were starting out I'd get a Blues Jr. and a Squire tele or something. All ya need right there. Can swap out the pups later if you want to up the ante a bit.

There's no point in having great tone* if you can't play well.

*This is highly subjective.

Are Suhrs the best guitars?

Probably the best post of the year

m.youtube.com/watch?v=D_6iN8RYjQY&ebc=ANyPxKpJyn1CLrHHhOC_9cYMklFStx5bU2-nFYsWJ9jIKpr7tS4y4nWaLcaNsifh5BnBLo39QAwqHR7SzC3ktbqJLsWVPbxHDA

So they should just do what you want them to do and not get the tone they want, then lose interest because they don't like the sound their guitar is making?

I started learning guitar and I want to buy myself a decent electric guitar for $150-$200. Recommendations?

What kind of music do you want to play? Heavy or no?

> "If I were starting out ... "
> "I"
> as in me, myself

Nothing specific in mind yet, but I'm interested in eventually making experimental and noise stuff.

Yamaha Pacifica 012, the absolute best you can get for $179.

Fucking moron.

for less than 200 your options are limited. Ibanez makes some cheap models that aren't bad for the price.