What Sup Forums thinks about Iron Maiden ?

What Sup Forums thinks about Iron Maiden ?

pretty good, I'd say

incredibly cheesy

do people like these guys ironically?

What exactly do you dislike about them?

overrated but good

Too many songs that sound exactly the same but I still love em.

The Di'anno lineup is underrated

they became mainstream power metal garbage after Paul left.
/thread

This.
The later albums are good, but s/t and Killers are the pinnacle of heavy guitar music.

I saw them last year. You can't give a show playing 90% of new shitty material, man. We're here to heard the classics.

From The X Factor to date, zero good albums.

They still make good songs, just not good full albums. If Eternity Should Fail is fucking great, the rest of the Book of Souls is either uninteresting or filler.

>Empire of The Clouds
>Filler
Player 1, make your selection!

it's funny because dickinson's first name is paul too

>assuming I meant Di'Anno
>Aces High being Power Metal

>implying

Their s/t is best, Di'Anno is a better vocalist, Bruce is an ignorant retard, Number is one of the most mediocre heavy metal albums I've heard, Powerslave/Somewhere In Time/Seventh Son are the best Dickinson era albums and perhaps the only ones worth a listen since they made terrible albums from 90's 'till now.

why would you say paul to confuse things when they had 3 singers called paul you twat

that was the point you twat
maiden are shit regardless

Natioanlism done bloody right!

not an argument

Seventh Son of a Seventh Son > Iron Maiden > A Matter of Life and Death > The Number of the Beast > Fear of the Dark > Powerslave > Somewhere in Time > Piece Of Mind > Killers >>> else

S/t is great because it's basically a punk album, yet I think Killers is pretty weak.

Seventh Son is the best because the late 80s were cheesy as fuck and they fit just right with the synths and stuff.

AMoLaD is waaay underrated. Give it a listen.

Also, did they invent Power Metal? Or are there earlier examples?

GOAT with Di'Anno, the rest is mediocre and repetitive crap, it's like they went full AC/DC

>did they invent Power Metal
Rainbow was proto-power metal.

>The Number better than Powerslave, Somewhere In Time, Piece Of Mind and Killers
Your taste is garbage, you should feel bad and definitely stop posting about Maiden.
>Seventh Son better than Powerslave and Iron Maiden
Fucking no. Seventh is a good album, but Powerslave, Village excluded, and the whole Iron Maiden album are perfect. That being said, Moonchild is one of my favorite songs IM has done.

Powerslave that low

nigga what are you doing

>killers is pretty weak
>what is a purgatory

The thing with Maiden is that they can write amazing songs, but can't really write incredible albums.

But comparing them to AC/DC? Pfft, they WERE actual talentless hacks. Maiden's music is way more challenging, even tho it gets repetitive. Dickinson's voice is still one of my favorites.

>Rainbow
ah, I never thought about checking their discog out, thanks user I'll get to it.

My list is just personal preference, I agree it makes no sense at all. I go for songs instead of the whole albums mostly, hard to beat Moonchild and Hallowed Be Thy Name.

I just can't get into Killers my man, it just seems like a leftover, inferior s/t.

>hard to beat Moonchild and Hallowed Be Thy Name
Best song on Seventh Son is clearly Infinite Dreams though

But I'll give you Hallowed, that might be my favorite Maiden song, besides maybe Phantom of the Opera

Rainbow's Rising is great and displays Ronnie's apex.

Rime Of The Ancient Mariner is also great.

I unironically love Brave new world. It's not my favorite though.

>Infinite Dreams
Pretty great too, the album itself is pretty great. The Clairvoyant is amazing too, blending stuff from the Di'Anno days, them synth atmospheres. The Evil That Men Do always has me pumped too.

Phantom is amazing as well, their Di'Anno sound was GOAT. Are there more bands that blend punk and proto-metal that well?

I'll check their first three albums.
I don't like Rime that much, I feel it drags on for too long.

>Are there more bands that blend punk and proto-metal that well?
Motorhead, to an extent.

Eh, never been too much into them, but I've never gave them a proper listen, are they secretly really good or do most of their albums sound alike?

I liked them when I was 12 so they're probably shit

You can say both.

Eh, I might check them out.

Don't be silly user, most people first liked Maiden when they were teenagers, so it's really not about the music, but for the nostalgia.

The music you listen to as a kid and a teen sticks with you for the rest of your life, even if it's "bad".

>leftover
you are either baiti or have only been listening to maiden for an hour

It's just my opinion, it's ok if you don't agree with it.

Check out Overkill, Bomber and Ace Of Spades. Perhaps the only albums you really need to.

Diamond Head are better. S/T is the best.

> The music you listen to as a kid and a teen sticks with you for the rest of your life, even if it's "bad".
Nah, not really.

Thanks user, will do.

>Diamond Head
Now that's a band I never got into. What are their essential albums user?

I'm pretty sure you know a lot of shitty teenage songs by heart.

You'd also want to check out Angel Witch, since they were Iron Maiden before Iron Maiden.

you missed out sacrifice, inferno and the rest of their discog

>Angel Witch
nice, I didn't know about them. thanks user

> What are their essential albums user?
Lightning to the Nations is the best ever from the NWOBHM (better than any Iron Maiden album). Borrowed Time and Canterbury are pretty good as well.

They didn't have a solid career, but LttN is GOAT.

> I'm pretty sure you know a lot of shitty teenage songs by heart.
Ummmmm... I didn't listen to music enough as a kid, and I started to listen to music a little more seriously since the age of 13, so there isn't that much I can remember desu.

Thanks user, I'll check those albums out.

killers> self titled > everything else

I'm convinced that playing mega man games led to me loving both electronic music about robots like goofier industrial stuff like Cyanotic and F-zero leads / ridiculousness like Iron Maiden.

Everything up to Powerslave is pretty good. They have a very unique sound

first two albums singer>bruce

these guys get it