Hey Sup Forums, I bought this to use as an audio interface but it isn't compatible with windows 10...

Hey Sup Forums, I bought this to use as an audio interface but it isn't compatible with windows 10, what interface do I need to be able to sample my pc's output using my DAW and run it through this at a later time? I'll post a pic of the i/o on the back below.

Also can I leave my speakers plugged into my pc or do I need a seperate stereo out for that?

Also does anyone know shit on here

I mean, it clearly says it's an effects system so using it as a sampler won't work. Take the output from your pc and plug it into the audio-in on your GS-10. Then, run the audio-out to your speakers.

Seems like a lot of work for effects that can be found on any DAW

>Aux output
>Digital output
>MIDI output
>"Doesn't work with win10"

I think you don't have any idea what you're doing.

I'm not trying to use it as a sampler, I'm going to sampled the output of my pc straight into a DAW.

I bought it intending to use it as an interface.

There are no windows 10 drivers for it so I can't use it as an interface, so what I'm going to hasve to is buy a seperate interface that I can use it with. I don't think you can read m8.
For anyone else who doesn't understand this post I want an interface recomended to me that will have enough inputs and outputs for all of this or what to look out for when buying one.

Will you be using a guitar for it in any way?

get a focusrite interface. a bunch were on sale this week. your boss FX system is really old, but I think you can still use it standalone.

>a bunch were on sale this week

not him but where?

Doubtful, maybe bass but the Boss thing has a built in instrument input anyway so if thats connected I'll be able to.

Which are you recommending and where were they on sale? It's only from 2003 but Roland stopped supporting it because it don't think it sold too well.

OP Again, I'd prefer one with a digital input as well as the GS 10 has a digital out, so less conversion.

You don't need drivers if you're using it as an interface. To be explicitly clear, you want to be able to control what's going on in your DAW with the knobs and buttons on your device? You can just run a MIDI line to your PC and use the MIDI map feature on your DAW.

No I want to be able to record line level signals into my DAW, I have midi out the ass.

So you want to route the audio from the DAW into the Boss? Then get a 3.5mm to 1/4 cable and connect you computer's audio out into the guitar line in on the Boss. Then, use either the AUX output or guitar amp out (not sure exactly what one will work in this situation) to connect it to an interface that works with your computer. In either case, any interface that takes a 1/4 jack will work (which is nearly all of them). If using the aux out, get a red/white to 1/4 jack. If using guitar out, get 1/4 to 1/4 jack.

I'm not sure any of this will work though lol

This is exactly what I want:

Does anyone know of a good audio interface with 1x digital in, 1x stereo RCA in, 2x stereo RCA out and will work with Win 10, anything else is surplus to my requirements but handy.

This is to record the output of my pc, (ie if im watching something and want to sample quickly using software) and to run samples through my effects unit. So it should work right?

get one of these connected to the audio in of the unit and 1/8" plug into your headphone out of your computer

Right and then how do I record that...?

Use Reaper or Audacity

And what do I set the input to on audacity..?

This is only half of the work. The sound from your pc will be running through the Boss and that's it. To record the sound that's coming through the Boss run another one of those wires from the audio out of the unit and into a recording device separate from your pc.

why the fuck do you need the boss anyway? seems like a waste of time and money to get that working with another interface.