September 2, 2001

adultswim.com/misc/time-rift/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DnzcJypc2GU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Man I still remember the night adult swim premiered and being confused about why they weren't playing my regular cartoons late at night, then really enjoying it the next sunday (I think it was right before 9/11 happened), I'd give anything to have pre-MacFarlane adult swim back.

Thanks for sharing this OP.

>tfw remembering this

getting old, man

Muh fuckin' nostalgia

fcuk that i know this should've been done officially a while ago. plenty of unsanctioned sites did this already

still cool tho

those tv ads

Fuck it was almost 15 years ago to the day when AS was first announced by Turner.

Why was The Brak Show so short-lived?

It was fantastic.

You guys have your GameBoy Advances out and your TV Guide Magazines at the ready while watching this, right?

Coach mcgurk is a goddamn American hero

>tfw I still play my gameboy color

not in public, I ain't no hipster

I thought brak was great on space ghost: c2c but his show was just kinda overkill

>tfw we didn't have Adult Swim in Canada

Still got most of the shows, but would have been nice to see all those neat bumpers, you know?

>fullscreen uhf grain filter
>CN wasn't even a broadcast station

>I'm a knife
>Knifin' around
>cutcutcutcutcutcutcutcut

this is so nostalgic it almost makes me nauseous

WHOOOO IS THE CAT WITH THE BEAK

Who else remembers Adult Swim Action from 2003?

Saturday night at 11 was when shit got real.
Uncensored, unedited dubbed action-anime for several hours.

And a fucking awesome series of commercial bumps featuring that somewhat eerie but cool 1980's synthetic text-to-voice audio.

youtu.be/DnzcJypc2GU

90's classics like YYH and Cowboy Bebop along with modern gems like Pilot Candidate.
This was the shit back in the early 2000's before torrents were really a practical norm and you didn't have a local store that specialized in niche content like anime.

This. Kind of bothers me.

I know they're going for "lel oldschool nostalgia" here, but by 2001 TV looked a lot better than this.

>dubbed
No, because I wasn't a fucking PLEBEIAN who watched bottom tier neophyte "english" anime on cable.

I deleted the html element ( kek) but I guess the javascript is still going nuts in the background so now my whole browser is slow.. will have to just hide it instead

YYH, Bebop and FMA all had great dubs though.

>makes fun of adults watching cartoons with the original bumpers.

>its become a reality

Fucking "90s kid" shit get off my board. I was watching YYH raw while you were still in diapers.

document.querySelector("canvas#Fuckup").style.display = "none";

Congrats? If you're gonna shitpost actually do it on something a little more worthwhile. YYH had a great dub and was a gem on Adult Swim.

>that tang commercial with the monkeys
damn

I remember being a kid and thinking pic related created Adult Swim. Mainly because the pilot of the show came out months both and had to do with the subject of 'adult swim'.

True but keep in mind most people recorded the shows on vhs tapes in the early days so the quality was questionablr

That show fucking sucked.

And how many of these shows even even get aired on AS at all anymore?

>two episodes of brak show
Ah yes the dreaded filler hour.. perfect time for a run for the border

anymore sites like this adultswim one?

Home movies was and still is trash

Is it sad I have all of these on dvd?

Toonami aftermath, even though they show more Toonami than [as], but they have old commercials and the toonami game reviews

most of the original lineup was rerun into the ground i think.

how many fucking times can you watch cowboy bebop and 6 episodes of brak?

> tfw They banned Adult Swin in my country

Fuckin anime fag

I forgot the link but there's a constant 24 hours livestream of nothing but pre 2003 nicktoons with the original commercials

what country is this?

>first night of Adult Swim in my country, there were some ads about it for a bit, maybe a week or so before
>I was a 11 years old kid
>figure it would be cool to watch adult cartoons
>watch Aqua Team, great shit
>suddenly one of those snippets shows up
>no idea how they were in other countries, but here they were just text, at least at the start
>this one said "Hey, 11 years old kid. We know what you're doing. Go to sleep."
>scared shitless
>turn off TV and go to sleep

I ended up watching it regularly anyway, but damn if they didn't get me good. Too bad Adult Swim as a whole vanished from CN after a while here. If you're curious, the country is Brazil.

>be at beach watching cartoons
>suddenly this comes on
>no idea what it is but I like it

I was 5 years old

I stopped watching adult swim from 2004 to like 2006 because of an advert they played for their online store that parodies the tricycle scene from The Shining. Completely scared shitless.

I would link the advert but I can't find it online anywhere.

Who /yuyuhakusho/ here

god the old bumpers are fucking great

Jesus. This Home Movies shit is great.

Why did you buy this album? I don't know why you did, you're stupid

I never liked SGC2C, yet loved Brak Show and Cartoon Planet. Honestly, I think it was the interview segments of SG that made me dislike it.

It's like All That/SNL/etc. where they have musical guests. Like no, fuck that shit, I want to see more funny skits.