Sup Forums what am I missing? I genuinely don't understand this album. Just sounds like a bunch of disconnected noises

Sup Forums what am I missing? I genuinely don't understand this album. Just sounds like a bunch of disconnected noises.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qW9MHtYeQCA
youtube.com/watch?v=nKBrYZ6lKsg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

open your mind

a brain

its a pleb filter

I like the fact you're all faggots that can't articulate actual reasons

mad cuz he doesn't get music

What is music but a bunch of disconnected noises?

>disconnected noises
isn't giving us much to help you with

it's entry level ambient made by a fat SJW. pass.

We will when you will.

"Disconnected noises" is a weird criticism considering how much of this album features rhythm, melody, and texture pretty obviously arranged to create songs.

Opn's earlier work is a lot more ambient-heavy and abstract, r plus 7 is a series of dark moody beats that draw from a creepy pallette of cold, synthesized noises and electronic voices.

>disconnected noises
it does sound like that at first, but you need to listen to it a few more times. the songs follow relatively normal song structures but it can be disorienting with the strange sounds used

What in the absolute FUCK is this? I just listened to the first "song" and it's literally a bunch of noise. It's not even different noises. It's like the same thing repeating for three minutes. I don't understand how people can enjoy this. If the whole album is like this, I don't want any part of it. This is not a "classic" album. This is fucking noise.

>This is fucking noise.

Is this your first time listening to anything out of the ordinary? The first song isn't that bizarre or weird for an ambient electronic inspired song, the cascading vocal effects suddenly bursting out over that dark bass and organ synth has some pretty obvious musical value

I feel like you might need to dip your toes into more types of music outside your comfort zone

they're not actually disconnected, to start with

you wouldn't say proust is an awful author because you didn't speak french, right? same deal... you just aren't fluent in this idiom

That post is copypasta from someone who complained about Loveless yesterday, there were like 9 threads made after making fun of it and the janitors starting sweating.

It wasn't really criticism, just asking what I am missing.

Didn't say it was awful just that I didnt understand.

If you think that's noise then what will you think of this
youtube.com/watch?v=qW9MHtYeQCA

What in the absolute FUCK is this? I just listened to the first "sentence" and it's literally a bunch of words. It's not even different words. It's like the same thing repeating for three minutes. I don't understand how people can enjoy this. If the whole post is like this, I don't want any part of it. This is not a "classic" post. This is fucking noise.

listen to this youtube.com/watch?v=nKBrYZ6lKsg and then relisten to the album
the boiler room set really gives you a visual understanding

RP7 IMO is his best work

What in the absolute FUCK is this? I just listened to the first "bar" and it's literally a bunch of noise. It's not even different noises. It's like the same thing repeating for three minutes. I don't understand how people can enjoy this. If the whole song is like this, I don't want any part of it. This is not a "classic" song. This is fucking noise.

>it's entry level ambient made by a fat SJW. pass.

returnal is much better, imo

Replica >> Garden of Delete > Rifts > returnal > r plus seven

it is shit

last track is 10/10 tho

hmm
I still haven't listened to replica or rifts yet, but so far this is my personal ranking

returnal > garden of delete > r plus seven

>fucking noise
>not music
>ishiggydiggy

what are your favourite albums at the moment?

do you like any electronic?

i'll try and direct you towards an album or artist which will help you appreciate this album more.

Shit taste.

R+7 > GoD > Replica > Returnal > assorted collabs > Commissions > Rifts

Returnal has nice atmospheres but the actual songwriting can't compare to his later work. The titular song is pretty catchy though.

not the guy you replied to but thanks for that

that ending version of boring angel was fucking transcendental

pitchfork skrillex

I've listened to R+7 multiple times but it doesn't feel as consistent as Replica, which I can listen to endlessly. I don't hate it, but I would definitely listen to OPN's other works over it.

stop being fags
you didn't put one criticism of the music in here. entry level is not criticism