Why did so many people here get disappointed from this record? It's their rawest and most visceral record

Why did so many people here get disappointed from this record? It's their rawest and most visceral record.

impossible expectations from extreme memetic hype

That...actually makes a lot of sense.

Nice dubs btw.

p much this. Its still cool. It may have been well recieved if it came out in 2015 perhaps. I dunno tho

Because Jenny Death was supposed to be their best because of the hype

But NotM ended up being better

4 years and 3.5 albums had passed since ExM, so it's not as cool to like DG anymore

this is my least favorite Sup Forums meme

NotM is shit

so is Jenny Death to be fair

I personally enjoyed Jenny Death a lot more. NOTM wasn't as visceral and bat shit crazy, NOTM was too repetitive for what it was going for. It's like a less versatile breaks album or something.

It was actually pretty well received all things considered. The JENNY DEATH WEN meme stayed strong longer than it had any right to and the explosion of threads when in finally dropped did not disappoint.

Of course, some people said it was shit, but that's no surprise. But within a week or so Death Grips talk died by about 90%. Also, people like to say NOTM is the best because it's their weirdest and JD is the worst because it's more straightforward.

The soundscape is my favorite of all the DG records. So full sounding. However, like all the other DG albums there's only a few tracks that are actually worth listening to.

I honestly think that NOTM is the Songs About My Cat by Venetian Snares for people that can't handle Songs About My Cat.

What in the absolute FUCK is this? I just listened to the first "song" and it's literally a bunch of noise. It's not even different noises. It's like the same thing repeating for three minutes. I don't understand how people can enjoy this. If the whole album is like this, I don't want any part of it. This is not a "classic" album. This is fucking noise.

Have a sad cum, baby.

>If the whole album is like this

It's not, but I love that song you're talking about so I don't get your point.

Because there was an immense amount of hype surrounding it at the time or its release.

>This is not a "classic" album. This is fucking noise.

Ok grandpa. You sound like a baby boomer talking about Sonic Youth in the 80s

It's a meme copypasta.

I have never listened to death grips and im afraid to do so because I don't wanna become a cringy anime greaseball

>rawest and most visceral record
Well, that's debatable, because that distinction could belong to Exmilitary. But I think that, between the two of them, it's pretty subjective as to which is more raw and visceral.

>Ok grandpa. You sound like a baby boomer talking about Sonic Youth in the 80s

Sonic Youth ARE baby boomers

Fpbp

I only pick JD of the two for that distinction because it has more tracks that go full on raw. For what it's worth, JD and ExM are also the only DG albums I still listen to.

yeah, it's hard to follow-up on their best album

This, DG albums are always inconsistent

>Sonic Youth ARE baby boomers
>tfw Kim Gordon is older than my grandmother

wtf