Can we please have a PES vs FIFA thread but without it turning to shit?

Can we please have a PES vs FIFA thread but without it turning to shit?

I'd just like a comparison. What one has that the other hasn't. What one needs to improve over the other. What features you like that makes you choose it over the other.

Also have you tried PES 2017 demo?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=linZOaQx5hE
youtube.com/watch?v=stR3MkTjjaM
youtube.com/watch?v=6Gd9mLhFmbI
youtube.com/watch?v=eqBaZHs-a3g
youtu.be/dDxxZmIxNqc
youtube.com/watch?v=UEwhmlYZ1yo
youtube.com/watch?v=c3GMImYGQt0
youtube.com/watch?v=iArXv64tCJA
youtube.com/watch?v=k_HfuNAguiE
youtube.com/watch?v=-kjjdoUjzVY
youtube.com/watch?v=Uu4kqj6JsPo
youtube.com/watch?v=BrCSsMwvuJg
youtube.com/watch?v=W_-b9OAz4OQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

PES is played with you fingers, but Fifa is played with your heart

PES was far better up until FIFA 09, when FIFA took over, and it has stayed on top since. PES completely lost it on dribbling and passing around that time; FIFA finally changed to a fluid dribbling system, but PES suddenly became very robotic.

PES probably has a far less annoying fanbase, without all the squeaky Ultimate Team 10 year olds FIFA has, but I would still say FIFA is the better choice for gameplay. I don't care about graphics or gimmicks, so focusing completely on gameplay, I prefer FIFA. PES is definitely improving again but the shooting system is very poor and the passing/shooting animations are still absolutely dire. Look at how players kick the ball in PES and ask yourself if any real footballers use that technique. FIFA is largely solid in that department. PES also has woeful UI.

FIFA is not without its flaws (keepers in particular) but it's still the better game for now.

Fifas ratings are shit, pes is better

fuck off kid, im first time on this containment board and this is an shit i land into and whats worse,from fellow Croat.

Ok, sit down everyone, storytime..long ago ,before playable 3d gaems, when sprites roamed the earth and monitors had 100kg ,back then there was only Sensible Soccer and life was good.
Anno Dommini 1996 Amiga was no more and PSX took its place, Sensible Soccer lost in the dark void of time. But EA came and gave us Fifa,yearly it seems...ones with small hearts were content , but elders remembered how you could dribble, double pass and golman would still catch the ball, great skill was needed in Sensible Soccer. So, one elder flew far and wide and he found this mystic land called Nippon and he saw on shelf wierd CD called International Superstar Soccer,he took it with him to his tribe,disk was black like EA soul.
They said, dont put it in, it will eat our souls, but he was an brave lad and put the disc in yet it was JAP version so he had to wait 2 weeks until fuckin modchip was soldiered,but he was an brave lad and put the disc in 2 weeks later only to find game was covered in strange runes, so we called an expert. The unperishable virgin who watched Anime and fought with sticks late at night when he tought no one sees him. SOO, finally we manabed to enter the game only to find, it was beautiful(mind you Fifa matches back then were 67:98 goals and it really didnt matter who was better), first game=0:0,we didnt knew and it showed, it was an game, not telltale adventure.
As we got better there was 1:0, sometimes even 1:2, and life was good again, after ISS we got our first PES on ps2, no one cared about soul sucking Fifa. We grew old and bored but we heard EA used some tomfoolery and magic tricks to turn the tables, but I beliebe that if you want to play >>>>PLAY,not buttonmash, you must master all the aspects of the game. One game comes to mind...PES is Dark Souls, Fifa is Order 1886.
As it was, as it will be, go in peace, my children.

>PES is Bloodborne
Fixed, apart from that I'm subscribing to your blog Rakitic

>west midlands village

This discussion exists since FIFA 97 x International Superstar Soccer

FIFA has a better game dynamics, but online community is pure cancer. PES is better to mod if you play it on a PC.

so PES?

so if i only plan to play single player then FIFA?

post good songs from either FIFA or PES soundtracks
youtube.com/watch?v=linZOaQx5hE

yee

yes to what?

the latter

i see.

I read some online comparisons and most say PES has the better gameplay. More realistic while FIFA is more fast fun paced.

These thread will always turn to shit now, no point in even having them anymore

>tfw we will never experience anything like the golden age of /FIFA/ ever again
>tfw no more full 11 games with SP Goats

for me the FIFA is much better than PES (pro evolution soccer)

because in FIFA included the MLS (Major League Soccer)

Am I smoking too much weed, or does anybody else think that Fifa already has the perfect football game , but only releases parts of it yearly to justify new games?

youtube.com/watch?v=stR3MkTjjaM

youtube.com/watch?v=6Gd9mLhFmbI

PES is fun, FIFA is pure hatred.

What is no touch dribbling and why is it important to the game?

>konami

dropped

>MLS included is a good point
Jesus might as well ask EA to include Belén and Carmelita while you are at it

I disagree.

Gameplay wise, PES has been better the last two years after they switched the engine, and as far as it looks, it's going to be better this year as well.

The problem with FIFA, is that its made for a very caual fanbase, so the CPU assistance on everything is so goddamn high (you can control the players with the arrow buttons ffs)

I don't mind that casuals get to enjoy it to, but it does come at a price. With that kind of assistance on pretty much every aspect of the game, there is bound to be exploits, and every year there is a new one.

Be it defenders who close you down perfectly all the game (and all it takes is holding a button), every team ping pong passing it with magnetic precision, lobbed passes, crosses, precision shots etc

I switched to manual controls a long time ago, and it made the whole online experience a lot less cancerous. The problem is that the game is made around assisted controls, and manual is just slapped on as an afterthought. This makes defending on manual incredibly easy, and attacking equally hard

PES also has assistance, but it's a scale from 0-5 so its inherently much better integrated in the core gameplay, and less exploitable.

All in all, PES is a much more fluid and natural experience while FIFA feels stiff and mechanical

The one big issue with PES is the lack of name rights. If you can handle shit like "West midlands village" and "North London" i would say PES every day

I wouldn't say PES will be better again this year just yet. I'm really enjoying the gameplay on the FIFA 17 beta. I hope EA don't drop the usual Casuals Patch on this game like they have the past few years.

That's just the problem though.

FIFA beta is always good, all until the forums are filled up with 10 year old tears about how shit the game is and EA buckle and breaks the game with a patch

True but to be fair I hated the gameplay on the beta and full game for 16, it was shit all over. But I don't know how much they'll change the gameplay this year, if they will at all, since FUT Champions is a thing. Seems to me like they want to start hitting the more-than-casual audience with the move into E-Sports.

It's simple

FIFA is an AGUEROOOOOOOO simulator

PES is an arcade footy simulator

and which do you prefer?

I've been playing the PES 2016 free edition for a few months whenever I play with a friend and it was great.

I bought FIFA 16 a week or so ago and the mechanics are kind of shit. Its probably just still getting used to the game, but through-balls, passing and shooting were so much easier in PES.

>Buying 16 when 17 is coming out in a month

Beautiful

PES is for hipster fedora tippers who spend more time arguing about video games online and reading tutorials to turn all the players into little anime girls.

FIFA is for people with friends who want to actually play a football game without turning it into their life (because it's just a fucking football game.)

FIFA
>muh FUT
>muh Packs
>DUDE RONALDINHO TRICKS EVERYWHERE LOL

PES
>build up and some strategy needed
>tricks are a part of the game but not the single key to winning
>better gameplay overall

I like PES but scouring the web for a new license fixing patch every time a new one comes out is annoying as FUCK. They will never be able to compete until Fifa loses their monopoly.

PES is ok. Didn't think much of the demo. It didn't feel 1hat nice, although I wasn't all that sure of the controls.

Trouble I had with My Club in spite of it being free was that it was dead as Fuck and you couldntvearn enough coins to keep contracts up. If they really want to take a good shit at fifa they should make it super easy to get and use the players you want.

I have played both for years and continue to buy them. PES has far superior gameplay, and this year's edition allows for greater customization (on PS4), so the licensing issues are practically negated.

I play with international sides and not clubs; I never play online, and I don't waste time with My Club. I prefer to waste my time modding the game. For those of us who don't mind the extra work to customize the game, PES 2017 for PS4 is the way to go,

If anyone told me before FIFA09 that i will rate FIFA better then PES, I'd tell him to fuck off. But it is how it is mang

Literally proving

Licensing issues really hold back PES. Playing as Merseyside Red in Konami Stadium the first time is okay but it gets old by the tenth time. But in FIFA you can hear the crowd sing YNWA at Anfield and you feel immersed in the environment

Fifa should just stick to being arcadey, it doesn't work trying to be """""""tactical""""""""" because EA doesn't put any effort into the AI system at all, especially the defense. I miss the FIFA where your passes mattered and counter attacking wasn't just holding R2 with Real Madrid and scoring from literally any angle cause LOL REAL MADRID SCORES

Not an argumet. Takes a few minutes to down and install optionfiles from PESfan

Can't be bothered man. Game should be ready to play as soon as I open the box imo.

well if you're a console player that argument's gone down the shitter since the last gen, with required installs for everything now

Enjoy your FIFA with lame and noobish gameplay then lazy worm

I think PES is too easy really, there's a lot about I like but I don't like the way the opponent gives so much open space and makes it quite easy to score or create chances

Up dif and and throw away the learning wheel aka assisted pass and shot

Weareonnotanargumentlevelsnotthoughtpossible.jpg

I prefer PES but i miss MLO

>you couldntvearn enough coins to keep contracts up

They made it so you could only have a few top players in your team, too many & you couldn't afford the contracts so you needed to pay real money for coins to pay the contracts.

pes doesnt have bundesliga.

At least is better than FIFA and the 3 different ways that it has to score a goal.PES is way more unpredictable

>70821582
God this is so wrong.

>PES also has assistance, but it's a scale from 0-5 so its inherently much better integrated in the core gameplay, and less exploitable.

False. You have pass assistance 0, which is manual. Then you have PA1, which is completely assisted. There is nothing in between, you either play manual or assisted, which is shit, because PA1 is far too easy, you can ping pong around and the game makes you fell like you're on coke. You can't get more arcade than this.
You can go to PA2 and PA3, which is meaningless because PA1 is already fully assisted.

Pes isn't even close to a simulation.

I only play FIFA singleplayer, with little assistance, and I try to play it "realistically", ie don't rely on the dribble drobbles but try to find the gaps by passing the ball around, and looking for the overlap. It's quite a decent game if you don't just use the tricks available, although quite annoyingly the CPU opponent will

I'm loving the 2017 demo

everything is spot on

although one thing I dislike about pes is that from long shots the players never miscue the ball. every shot is hit perfectly. I want to see shitty players skew the ball and even good players do it sometimes. not only that but the physics from long shots are always the same

This guy gets it

Beautiful story, Modric.

literally Leicester: the song

meme magic working since 2013
youtube.com/watch?v=eqBaZHs-a3g

average PES match score : 2-2
average FIFA match score : 10-9

PES overall will always be the better game for me.

Licences and kits - Option files
Transfers - Again Option files since Konami fuck this up every year.
Missing clubs - Option files again, though i wish they would add just 3 other divisions with 24 teams each so we could make a proper league structure when doing ML.
Offline modes - PES again, story mode is causuable babby shite.
Offline - Fifa because it is more stable and did have the better modes, Clubs was fucking great and a right laugh, div 1 vet.
Gameplay - PES again for me, feels more like football where as Fifa is just skills and BS mostly catered to the casual audience.

If anyone complains about options files they do not know shit, if on PC it is even better, the editing is always top notch and do it yourself if you want plus you can update kits every season or put in old kits or clubs or whatever. You can make your own game completely like 4chins cup.

I know that's not the point, but
>the irony of talking about North London and Merseyside Red when both Arsenal and Liverpool are in this year

>average PES match score : 2-2
If only that were the case for full AI matches.

because we're gonna play football
soccer
football
soccer
football
soccer
all around the world

i play football
you play football
we play football
hey hey hey

>full ai is relevant

youtu.be/dDxxZmIxNqc

That's only a case if you are a GTTA GO FAST AND WIGGLY-WIGGUL LE ANALOG STIK xDD kind of player. If you try to play slower, FIFA in career mode turns into endless streaks of 0-0s and 1-0 in games against shitters as they all go 5-4-1 and proceed to waste the time to protect the 0-0 ''''''lead'''' for the last 30 minutes of the game, and you only score more against top teams as they play much more open football and actually try to score a goal. I haven't played PES 16 too much, and most of this was shortly after the release, but it just seemed too easy, the defence was worthless and there were always at least 4 goals scored in every match.

Only getting FIFA 17 because that new Alex Hunter mode looks really promising.

Can anyone whos played Fifa 17 tell me if it's good? How it compares to fifa 16 and how dribbling, passing and shooting feels

Nigga you must be high AF because Fifa 16 is literally the worst football game I've ever played in my life and I've played all the FIFAs and PES since 03.

It showcases the AI's strengths and weaknesses. In PES 16, defence is garbage, goalkeepers even more so, kickoff has a ridiculously high chance to result in a goal, and results are highly inconsistent on the same sets of tactics.

>For free edition

I had the beta access. Its cool. Dribbling, like skill moves, feel slower. Passing fine. I felt like shots took a long time, like the windup and then it gets blocked. Animations are great. Free kicks are annoying as hell cause you can move around the kicktaker and people will think they're the shit doing this. Corners are hot garbage and 90% of beta players were going short pass. Long shots seemed more on target. Collisions I'd say is the biggest thing. Like if you're running for the ball and touch a player, there was a distinct bump that knocks both guys off. Ref doesn't seem to call as much. New goal celebrations are cool. They made pack opening flashy as fuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=UEwhmlYZ1yo

Sounds good, looking forward to the demo. I thought shooting and skills were good in 16, Although i thought it's been the worst fifa for years my biggest gripes with it were the passing and first touch/getting the ball under control

PES has ice skaters, Fifa has players running

some example vids pls...

PES has become more arcade-like recently, while FIFA has become a better "simulation". And FIFA has always looked better and been more popular, so there's really no reason to play PES anymore.

From FIFA 15

youtube.com/watch?v=c3GMImYGQt0

The soundtrack as a whole is pretty bad though

>jap company
>making a football game

it is trash

I thought FIFA 15 was perfect, I'd be happy if FIFA just released graphics/roster updates for that game and not actually make a new one until 2018.

Might happen soon. They have the CL and Barcelona as stars now whilst the last two Fifa covers featured Henderson and Reus

Better than EA Leaf

only in ethics

pes = fun
fifa = tryhard

Nigga play the game

PES = actually good but irrelevant
FIFA = two polished turds rubber-banded together

i don't have both games to compare.

im playing the demo and its not that bad i still wonder why people dickride fifa so much

brings a tear to my eye

youtube.com/watch?v=iArXv64tCJA

Delusion... i say this to the FIFA shills, just play the Demo, on full manual if you dare, and come back and tell me it isnt fun and rewarding

youtube.com/watch?v=k_HfuNAguiE

Because PES's budget is spent on gameplay while FIFA's is spent on marketing.

>single player FIFA or PES

Some people want to play a game without being compelled to interact with someone else.

FIFA needs to go back to their mid-00s-type alt rock

youtube.com/watch?v=-kjjdoUjzVY

youtube.com/watch?v=Uu4kqj6JsPo

PES 7's OST was straight anime comfy stuff. This song in particular is 100% K-on

Master League is where it is at nigga.

PES 6*

Some people want live without being compelled to interact with someone else.

youtube.com/watch?v=BrCSsMwvuJg
It's not actually good, but the intro got stuck in my head for entire years.

youtube.com/watch?v=W_-b9OAz4OQ

>PES is Dark Souls

I agree after Dark souls 1 the series went to shit just like after PES 6

I don't like the PES shooting it feels artificial

Everything else is better

desu though I miss the old 16-bit footie games

Modern games are like Streetfighter, where there's 50 special moves to memorise that involve waggling the analog stick