Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dgjRMVQODQ8
youtube.com/watch?v=jKS3MGriZcs
youtube.com/watch?v=ZV0wSWAGseo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hes shit in everything

No

they tried to cram way too much source material into a mini series

The first three episodes with him can be skipped. Jurassic Park kid did really good in The Pacific. This scene was intense.
youtube.com/watch?v=dgjRMVQODQ8

The series is great when it focuses on jurassic kiddo and the pharoah and not on leckie being a whiny pretentious faggot, making stupid dumbstruck faces and writing shitty poetry.

Yeah everything else not about these two was not interesting. Especially that Basilone guy who sold war bonds.

>my grandfather had Packer's season tickets one time
>he ate them xD
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

this part was pretty cool though desu. does he get better in season 2?

Leckie was the best main character in the show.

Sledgehammers story was only so good because of his supporting characters.

She was good as a deadite though.

HannahMcKay.png

I came to post him. I dont even understand they they felt they needed him.

Leckie was the best character. Also, read his book. He's a damn good writer too.

you're so full of shit. Sledge held his own just fine, if you're saying its only because of Snafu.

Nah, my favorite Sledgehammer supporting characters are Burgin and Gunny Haney.

Burgin is underrated, he just goes out and gets the job done no complaints.

Wrong

fuck this bitch
based Nathan dies and she hops on cops dick in like three seconds and then everything about her autistic son

snafu was my fav

FemSheldon on the Big Bang Theory

>they let rubicon build up a huge conspiracy and then cancelled it
that was the cruelest trick of all

He always shows up just as its about to get good.

>mfw it's not a Sledge / SNAFU ep...

Sledge and SNAFU actually have arcs which is great because BoB there isn't really as much character growth except for a minor amount from Nixon and that one dudes breakdown after Toye and Guarnier get fragged. I know it's a true story and so they're aren't always arcs but the way Snafu and Sledge played off each other, like Sledge becoming a detached soulless arsshole and Snafu who first acts all tough and badass realizes his friend is being corrupted. That simple scene where Snafu is pulling teeth then later Sledge goes to do it then Snafu stops him gave so much character insight for such a small scene

You're both right, it goes for half the characters in the show Based Sandor is now a meme spewing faggot so is Tyrion

TYRONE IS A DUMB NIGGER

>all these people posting women/minitories
I thought I was on Sup Forums but I must have clicked on Sup Forums or /r9k/

Good point, never really thought of that.
In Band of Brothers the focus isn't really on character arcs, tho, but rather on the relationship between the soldiers and their commanders. Leadership is a pretty strong theme in BoB, following Winters, a series of incompetent commanders and then later Spiers as he takes over E-company.

The strength of BoB is that it follows a single company over the course of 1 year, rather than three different soldiers over the course of 4 years - starting with Leckie and Basilone at Guadalcanal and ending with Sledge at Okinawa.

Yeah I understand that and love BoB it just makes it a bit less dramatically fulfilling and Compton's breakdown was really well acted and not massively over the top like most. and yeah it's weird because BoB has way more characters that are central and yet The Pacific is anrrower but doesnt flow as well because the story jumps around. And yeah Winters and Bull and Speirs are some based motherfuckers.

In TP only cared for Snafu and Sledge Basilone and Lecky were flat lines for me

I'm this poster reading it back may not be clear, what I mean is It's ironic that TP focuses on a narrower range of characters, so in theory we should be more attached to them but it's not the case for all but 2 where as in BoB i even felt sorry for Sobel

They weren't a million miles away from what he was really like but going by the book he was more light hearted and although he struggled with his faith he couldn't bring himself to believe that a pile of jap bodies was nothing but meat and lead.
Funniest moment was when he didn't have enough money for a taxi that was taking them to a boat to leave for war, he gave the driver something like 20 cents and told him to buy the finest newspaper in town then bolted, the driver threw the coin at him and hit him in the head as he ran.

>watched Band of Brothers with my dad
father/son bonding kino

He also portrays himself as much more of a juvenile delinquent than the series did. His gut instict was always to do something that would get him in trouble. The series shows some of this, but focused more on his poetic side - of which there's plenty evidence in the book too.

What are you talking about? TBBT is fucking GOAT dude. If you don't take it seriously it can actually be pretty funny sometimes. I don't watch it thinking it's an accurate portrayal of nerd or geek culture or scientists, I watch it as a comedy, and it can be pretty funny. I've seen every episode at least three times.

youtube.com/watch?v=jKS3MGriZcs

Women can never understand BoB

Is this supposed to deter me from enjoying the show? I watch a lot of actual shows with no laugh track and pauses in between "jokes" this is nothing new.

calling a single character show-ruining is a stretch, like half the show is shit now

not as insufferable as she used to be. Guthrie can be a cunt too but at least she contributes to the plot

im comfortable and furious

You cruisin' for a bruisin'

She's one of the only surrealist aspects of the show, fuck off

What's that from?

women and minorities just happen to be the shittiest characters desu. You're the one pointing out their genders/race.
>>>/tumblr/
>>>/reddit/

Fuck off Sneak

Considering sledgehammer was rooted in the book "with the old breed" which is one of the best war books of all time and the rest are fictions, it should be no surprise that his arc is superior.

He was the only character I actually identified with, what the fuck.

Jurassic park kid really got on my nerves, first he was a whiny little bitch then he turned into a supreme edgelord.

whole series should have been about Sledge on Peleliu and Okinawa, not trying to cram in other 2 different stories that just aren't as engaging.

good choice op, i never did like that actor for some reason.

he just made the character feel very pretentious

Didn't Leckie had his own book too - Helmet under my Pillow or something like that?
I agree about Basilone story though.

I was really surprised that I didn't really recognize him from Jurassic Park movie. That Okinawa episode...the death walk, suiciding civvies, and snafu and sledge giving each other shit with no pretense telling each other to fuck off.

It felt real.

yea he did.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZV0wSWAGseo

>your buddy finally getting uninterrupted sleep was more important than saying good bye.

BOB worked better because we got introduced to the men in training, and they all had their individual, well crafted personalities exposed then.

we knew who guarnere was when they dropped into normandy, same with luz too. so we ended up caring about them in a much more poignant way than we ever did with the characters in the pacific. that said, i think with the old breed is probably the best war novel i have ever read.

the plane movie with denzel washington.

liked him in boardwalk empire

He's better in season 4.