Holy fuck those threads. Those fucking threads for months and months after the first trailer

Holy fuck those threads. Those fucking threads for months and months after the first trailer

>It wont even break 50 million dead on arrivlal

Why is Sup Forums always so wrong and why is their opinion always so god awful?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uD_zlHDt8P8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Wasn't half the gross from China or some shit?
They really have the worst taste ever.

WHAT IS BAIT?
you got trolled.

some people were saying 1.5 billion too, so IGNORE THAT SHIT.

I seriously hope pretending to like this movie doesn't become a meme. Batman V Superman was really good but the prequels weren't.

Damage control.

We're the opposite of Sup Forums

This the movie that shows that China is now the most important place for movies.

BvS was dog shit

youtube.com/watch?v=uD_zlHDt8P8

Hi Duncan

no it wasn't you fucking retard

the movie was surprisingly decent. as someone who's never played any of the games I wasn't expecting it to even hold my interests but i actually enjoyed it. been too caught up in grimdark fantasy lately

lol tv in fuckin denial it's hilarious

Yes it was faggot

this was probably the worst experience i've had this year

You're a retard.

Wasn't think supposed to be a huge hit Duncan?
$300 million is pretty pathetic for all the marketing money your team blew off on this movie.

Why does someone liking a movie you don't cause such anger and hostility? I don't think you're meant to be that attached.

Stop posting your shitty video everywhere you moron.

Welcome to Sup Forums

Reminder that these are the two best movies of 2016 so far

10 years of waiting and it didn't even 1 billion
gg blizzard

Duncan Jones is a great filmmaker but, even as a long-standing fan of the game and autistic-as-fuck movie buff, I admit he dropped the fucking ball with this. You know what, though? Shit happens.

If he recovers (and he probably should recover - those idiot Chinese cunts have no idea about good taste, propping up the figures) then hopefully he'll return to something simpler and perhaps easier to control without huge studio influence.

I'm pissed that Maximillian of Northshire wasn't in it, though. Fucking studios.

SHILLS ON FUCKING SUICIDE WATCH

>been out less than a week
>Thinks $300m is bad for a movie with a $160m budget

Reverse-shills SHOOK

>CHINA HAS WORST TASTE EVER
>Top selling domestic is a star wars film

Here is to hoping that if they make the sequals they wont cut the movie as badly as they did this one

Had a nice premise to it and with very basic knowledge of wow lore it was kinda nice and i wanted more but it honestly felt empty. no real character interactions besides like one scene.
I dont know. if the uncut version turns out to be alright this movie gets a pass for me.

No it wasnt kino hater

Are we witnessing the end of Disney's hold on the internet memecritics?

I mean, no one can really defend BvS being worse than CW. They overplayed their hand there

Not him but BvS was really, really mediocre

The problem i see a sequel having is that in this first one, it struggles to both introduce the concepts in the world and characters in its aloted time so the pacing is off

the second war is like 5 times as insane as the first if they even want to include half of it

this first warcraft includes:
Humans
1/3 of a continent
Fel magic
Arcane magic
dwarfs (cameo only)
elves (cameo only)

The next has:
ogres
trolls
high elves
dwarfs
gnomes
voodoo magic
holy magic and paladins
the weird steampunk tech iron forge has
the other 2/3 of the continent (and they go all over it back and forth)

I don't know how you would get a good narrative out of it

Alliance is set up in the ending scene of this movie.

2nd movie:

Gul'dan sparks war again. Horde is getting its shit pushed in. Orgrim usurps Gul'dan, keeps him alive since now the Orcs are outnumbered badly. Orgrim and Gul'dan have different ideas on how to win. Orgrim goes around forming the "Old" Horde, dragons will most likely be cut. Gul'dan introduces Death Knights. Stormwind sacked. Introduce Lordaeron, paladins and the Light. The siege of Lordaeron will probably be replaced with a siege of Ironforge, and the big final battle will be at Blackrock Mountain.

The only box office that counts is the US one.

I say this as an Aussie too. Who cares if it pulled in 500 million pesos? I want to know how American audiences received an American movie.

>Who cares if it pulled in 500 million pesos

The studios you retard

You mean, like, none?

The marketing for this movie was almost non-existent.

>Who cares if it pulled in 500 million pesos?
are you retarded? that number is in USD, which means its made that much regardless of currency.

As long as it makes money from somewhere they dont give a fuck.

And people said it would do well in China. And the idiots saying 50 mil still said it wouldn't make more.

Always the opposite, remember when bvs will get 2 billion? Remember when tfa will flop almost everyone on tv says tfa flop?

People who thought a Star Wars would flop are literally some of the most retarded individuals in existence and completely lack any form of critical thinking. I would advise them to start wearing a helmet immediately whenever they venture out of their house.

Sup Forums is part of Sup Forums

Sup Forums is full of contrarians and narcissists with contrarian and narcissistic opinions

It's almost as if you're surprised when a contrarian and narcissistic prediction turns out to be wrong

YOU'RE THE RETARD

CHINA BOX OFFICE RETURNS ONLY 25% OF GROSS TO THE STUDIO

WARCRAFT BOMBED IN AMERICA WHERE THE STUDIO GETS THE BULK OF ITS MONEY

WARCRAFT DIDN'T EVEN WIN ITS OPENING WEEKEND, ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC OUTING

CONJURING 2: 40MIL
WARCRAFT: 25MIL

L M A O

I enjoyed the movie :)

>Why is Sup Forums always so wrong and why is their opinion always so god awful?

brah. the problem is that you shills tried to hype a movie that most of don't care about.

it's been years since I played wow, let alone the previous games. I mean I wouldn't care about lore inconsistencies, CGI issues, lackster actors. But the warcraft fad in the west had faded. China still plays wow but most of us just don't care.

Stfu fag. If anything the amount of money its making proves many are interested so maybe you should stop being in denial and thinking everyone shares your views. They don't.

Exactly?

the biggest problem of this film is, apart from the content cut in messy way, jones' direction

he was in control of casting, production design, cinematography and he failed to hire talented enough people

>fails to see that a star wars prequel is more pleb than an original film

>dragons will most likely be cut
Mistake. People LOVE dragons and dragon riders right now.

>Gul'dan introduces Death Knights.
>Introduce Lordaeron, paladins and the Light.
Fuck, I know how it went but it sounds so shit, like something out of Power Rangers.
>Oh no, BBEG has these dark evil super soldiers!
>It's ok, we JUST SO HAPPENED to train some light, good super soldiers!
>The day is saved!

>$304.7 million Box office

>Original Budget: $160 million

That's really amazing for a video game movie! All should be proud

You do know that they need half a billion dollars to break even, right?

No they need 12 billion dollars to break even, dolt

>People LOVE dragons and dragon riders right now
People have always loved dragons. It's just easy to do now with CG

People into fantasy have, sure. But now everyone watches GoT and loves Kelly C.

>chinabux

LOL

The fact that it made some money in no way affected my opinion of the trailers, which were shitty. If I hadn't seen the trailer, I might have actually gone to see this.

>$160m budget
>need $500m to break even
hmmmm.. maths is certainly not for you

>Why is Sup Forums always so wrong and why is their opinion always so god awful?

Because you only remember the loudest and most obnoxious things that you read here since you are reading hundreds if not thousands of posts per day and no one is yelling over and over again: "Warcraft is going to be a moderately successful film that will disappoint critics, do reasonably well with fans and casual viewers and make most of its money in foreign markets!" All you ever get are extremes: "BvS is the best capeshit ever" "BvS is worse than having a tick in my urethra!" No one gives a fuck about reasonable middle of the road often correct opinions.

>people still believe this

lol at this ratio 99% of Hollywood films would be abject failures and the industry wouldn't exist

>Everyone in the world thinks it was good, decent or just ok
>America decided to shit all over it before it was even released, in some cases giving it 0%

I really feel like america has boycotted this film. Why do they want it to fail so badly?

>>Everyone in the world thinks it was good, decent or just ok
This is what wowcunts actually believe

because we've seen that video game movies are literally never good, so we assume that right away (fairly or otherwise).

Except the studio is owned by a chinese corporation

I D I O T

300m is nothing

Actually it's not that far off, depending on the size of marketing (which isn't part of the budget) and other costs related to publishing.

The publishing in China was probably next to free, since Legendary is owned by the Wanda Group, and there was barely any marketing in America, so it's probably not very outrageous, but it is more than 160 mill for breaking even.

500 mill+, or rather 6-700 mill+ is needed for a sequel to be viable though, which considering that the audience response was pretty good, they'll probably make if they get that high an income, whether it be in China or elsewhere.

DOESNT MEAN SHIT

EXHIBITORS TAKE 50% MINIMUM

LEGENDARY WAS ONLY ACQUIRED IN 2016

WARCRAFT LOSING ITS OPENING WEEKEND IN AMERICA AT ONLY 25MIL WAS AN UNEQUIVOCAL BOMB FOR A SUMMER BLOCKBUSTER

THEN ITS 27% DROP FROM ITS OPENING DAY, WEAK AS FUCK NO LEGS WHATSOEVER

nice made up numbers.

But it was. BvS was shit

Warcraft was pretty good fantasykino though

Actually, theyre making 55% of the money in China (highest ever for a foreign film)

Did your uncle that works at Nintendo tell you that?