Warcraft movie 2016

How would you rate Warcraft movie 2016?

Movie: Warcraft 2016
Detected quality: Telecine
IMDb rating: 9.0 (1,620 votes)
Genres: Action, Adventure, Fantasy
Release date: 10 June 2016
Writers: Duncan Jones (screenplay), Charles Leavitt (screenplay), Chris Metzen (story and characters)
Director: Duncan Jones
Language: English
Summary:
The peaceful realm of Azeroth stands on the brink of war as its civilization faces a fearsome race of invaders: orc warriors fleeing their dying home to colonize another. As a portal opens to connect the two worlds, one army faces destruction and the other faces extinction. From opposing sides, two heroes are set on a collision course that will decide the fate of their family, their people, and their home.
-link removed-
Quality 9/9
Sauce: pastebin com / trends

>will post DDLs if /r/ and /wsr/ deliver

as a fan of the games it's a solid 8/10

don't know how much i'd like it if i hadn't grown up playing WC3 and WoW, but the 6 people i saw it with all liked it, and most of them hadn't ever played the games.

I have never played the game. Will I like it? What about if I bring my family? Would I be putting them thru torture?

Looks like a decent fantasy movie

i don't know, dude. do they like action/fantasy movies? if so, they'll probably enjoy it.

Played Warcraft religiously but didn't play WoW.

Easy 4/10 only because I liked seeing the buildings and orcs on the big screen.

5,5/10.

Bad acting, butchered story, bad pacing, tried to do too many things at once.

And I like Warcraft

I didn't like it much at all. I never played the games, I understood what was going on for the most part, too much of the story was left unresolved to set up for future movies that probably won't even happen.

>Hurr durr kill me garona so you might be able to stop the Horde, even though I have no heir and my death will leave Stormwind with no clear leader this is the best plan
>Medivh turns evil because the Fell I ain't gotta explain shit
>Durotan is ostensibly the protagonist but dies with no fanfare whatsoever
>Imply that Guldan is losing control of the Horde because he has no honor but nothing ever comes of it
>ending the movie on that fucking grinch baby roar

I like Duncan Jones a lot and I really wanted this movie to succeed but I can't give it anything more than a 4/10.

-He has a heir. He even talks to him before the battle. He tells Varian that nobody is more fit to protect the family while he's gone.
-Weird, you're not complaining about how Guldan is corrupted but are about Medivh?
-I don't see how that's a bad thing per se. I mean was fanfare needed? He died for his people.
-He has shown them that he can annihilate them in a second. All the green orcs can't even raise a finger against him and they outnumber the brown ones. What do you expect them to do? Most they could do is say na man we ain't gonna kill that dude.
-I don't really see this as a big problem but sure you can have that one.

Now I know the game story but it was still pretty cut and clear.

>Weird, you're not complaining about how Guldan is corrupted but are about Medivh?

Because Gul'dan is corrupted from the get go. As should be Medivh for that matter but not because FEL = BAD but because he's got the ultimate evil in him since birth.

So you're saying that instead of just going with Fel = evil (Which isn't too wrong, Fel is indeed evil) to make it a simple thing and not alienate the non gamer audience.

You would rather they add some unexplored plot points about Sargeras and the burning Legion?

As a massive Warcraft nerd I can only give it 6.5/10

I just can't, Travis Acting was just stupid. Pacing was not the best. I still loved it. Hope they learn a lot by it for the Second Movie.

>to make it a simple thing and not alienate the non gamer audience

Yes, I would like it if they didn't cater to retards that much

>You would rather they add some unexplored plot points about Sargeras and the burning Legion?

I would rather if they didn't try to cram it all in and just adapted Last Guardian and focused on Medivh, Khadgar and Garona with Lothar and Llane as side-characters.

Instead we got this wannabe pleb-appealing trash with story gutted to make it "simple",

my point is that the movie just ends with nothing really accomplished. It feels like a hollow movie made solely to set up sequels.

It was good. Not great, but definitely could have been worse. Most problems are on the human side, which is bad because they take up the majority of the screentime. Llane was terribly cast. How Lothar is portrayed is miles away from the character in lore, and not very convincing for his own role in the movie. In the movie he's supposed to be a well-respected high ranking military leader but his dialogue, actions and mannerisms portray him more to be the roguish unwilling hero. Garona's role felt forced. Khadgar felt really weak in the first act but got better as the movie progressed. None of the deaths make you really feel anything since you don't have time to get attached to any of the characters.

Never played any of the games. Found the movie a bit hard to follow, and I only really cared about the orcs. The guy from Vikings had absolutely no charisma either. On the upside, it was a really entertaining and fun movie to watch, and the visuals were great. I'd give it like a 6 or a 7, would probably watch again.

6 or 7

First act had bad editing, clumsy acting, bad introduction scenes.

Third act was quite awesome and redeeming though. Even badly acted characters, like the King, shined through.

The orcs and Jesus-like Medivh saved the movie.

I'd give it a 6/10.
Too much was cut, story was crammed, some cuts were a bit sudden, cgi was good, acting was mostly okay(I personally didn't like Garona), romance subplot was cancer, battles were great, golem looked kind of shitty, screenwriting was eh, plot was simple but worked for the movie's purpose in establishing the basic idea of the universe and setting up sequels. They really didn't explain anything about Medhiv's fel corruption.
Will watch again when director's cut comes out.

I loved it personally because through the games i'm already attached to all these characters

it really felt like a move that was reaching for greatness but was hamstrung by something that ruined that first act and made it impossible for the general audience to connect with the main characters

The movie needed an additional hour of screentime and it could've been at least a solid 8/10.

Should get Vin Diesel for the sequels to play an elf rogue or something.

5/10

Boring, mundane story. I hated how the humans were these pure good-hearted guys that accepted gonorrhea as one of their own, I hated how Orcs were these honorable brave warriors only being led by Guldan the asshole. Where was all the racism and bitter hate? The grittiness of how people of the universe fall prey to disputes and WARcraft.

The part where gonorrhea stabs the King and somehow wins the admiration of all the Orcs made no fucking sense, especially when right after they give mad respects to Anduin after he wins his duel. So backstabbing some guy when he was going to get killed anyway somehow bring the half-orc as an accepted member? Really? When she previous killed a bunch of Orcs, is wearing human armor, and the one who told the humans about the portal in the first place?

I wanted more WARcraft. Besides the final battle we never saw armies clashing which is lame as fuck. When one of the human footman mentions "We already lost 18 legions!" it made me just want to leave the movie there.

Seems like they spent the budget and focus on CGI which was good. Can't say anything more than that.

Overall was a pretty forgettable movie that I didn't like or hate. More complaints than likes however and not something I would watch again.

I would be happier if they just did Warcraft 3. Don't make it PG-13, retain grittiness, give Arthas a really good actor and let me see him descend in to madness. Then I could be a man that could die happy.

6/10

rushed worldbuilding and character introduction, weak human element, and some confusing element for those who wasn't familiar with the source material like me. But the orcs storyline done well, and the visual and action were really good.

10/10 for me, which isn't necessarily the same 10/10 for someone else. A lot of the gripes people have I can definitely see their point of view and agree with, but they don't detract from the experience for me and are therefore not included in my rating.

>from pastebin trends DDLs here pastebin com / TKyHiYmT
>inb4 archived
>sorry i didn't bother going thru those links

In Imax right now. It's 15:00 and every sit is taken. I've got tickets like 25th of May. Will report back in 2 hours. Don't go anywhere. I'm proffessional vidyakino critic, so you better trust me and respect my opinion.

I eagerly await to hear from you again senpai-san!

I'M BACK

IT WAS A PIECE OF SHIT

2/10 IF I'M BEING GENUINE

The only real fault of it, is that the main villain has no real reason to do anything aside from being evil (there's no logic to the plan shown, if we consider he'd just have to do it over and over again every few years).

However, this is still way better than if they actually went in to explain the motivations, because just to get to a point where the real villain has a goal they want to achieve, the movie would have had to establish:
>Who Sargeras is
>What the Burning Legion is
>Who the Titans Are
>What the Well of Eternity is
>What the Tomb of Sargeras is
And quite likely
>What The Old Gods and the Curse of Flesh is

The problem with Warcraft is that the main villain's plan is nowhere near as straight forward as Sauron's "Get Ring, Fuck Bitches, Conquer Middle-Earth, flip the bird to the wizards while doing it."
There's like 5-6 steps to his plan for victory, the plot of the first game being only one half of one.

So yeah, if you can forgive the fact that the full extent of motivations and goals is not established? It's pretty damn good.

And it still established more about what's important than The Force Awakens.

>And it still established more about what's important than The Force Awakens.

Yet TFA was good and warcraft wasnt. Funny how that works.