51 years later there still hasnt been a better pop album

51 years later there still hasnt been a better pop album

*teleports behind you*

nothin' personal, kid

God Only Knows may be the perfect pop song but damned of She Said, She Said doesn't come close.

Imo SGT Pepper is a heavyweight. No album has a better opener and closer.

The White Album has some of the best pop songs ever and Abbey Road is probably THE preeminent pop-rock record.

not really, it definitely break certain conventions of pop rock but my goodness taxman and doctor robert are basically early pleb-tier material

Literally one of the best operers ever and a song about the dentist that dosed them LSD isn't important?

One of my favorite Beatles albums next to Magical Mystery Tour.

Fun fact: Did you know that when The Beatles embarked on their last tour in 1966 they didn't play ANY songs off of Revolver?

Try this one...more modern of course but also a rather versitale album. No duds. 13/13
Which is more than the Beatle had.
O,and by the way....Sgt Pepper was a better album!

im with you, doctor robert is valuable as fuck

Never was a big fan of MMT

Rubber Soul

Emotion

I Want To Tell You might be one of their worst songs

The interesting thing about Magical Mystery Tour is that it was originally just an E.P. because there was a rule in the UK of generally keeping the singles separate from the albums. But in the US they just added on the Beatles singles from 1967 and voila, MMT as we know it today.

Makes you think how Revolver would be with Paperback Writer and Rain on it. Or Sgt Pepper with Strawberry Fields and Penny Lane.

It's a double EP. Not even a "double" EP, because just like you said, only the first half is the actual EP while the second half is just the singles compilation.

MMT is really bizzare. Which makes it weirder considering it's one of their best albums and it's not even an "album".

This guy gets it

Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen has a better opener and closer in my opinion

Yeah, it's too bad the US ruined the album format with their pleb ideals

pic related shits on it
nice try tho

Literally anything by Pavement.

Or AnCo's 2000's

Except that album is a deliberate rip-off of the Beatles, plus some trendy synths. And they both suck lol

Agreed. It's near perfection.

"There's a case to be made that the Beatles went on to do Sgt. Pepper's because there was nowhere else to go but too far. With Revolver, they had mapped out the pop universe so perfectly that all they could do next was tear it up and start again."

I respect and value your opinion