THE MATRIX

I'm Writing an exam tomorrow on the matrix film, my question is: Analyse how conflicts were developed to show one or more emotion(s) in the visual text. I'm probably going to write about the conflict between Morpheus and Agent Smith, or between Neo and Agent Smith, either way i'd like to hear your opinions on why i should do which character and what conflicts do you think have been developed in the film

Do your own homework faggot

I would write about Morpheus, his conflict with the Agents in general, his faith in Neo, and Neo's determination to rescue Morpheus despite his own self-doubt. I would also write about Trinity's courage, and her trust in Neo's plan despite the tragic death of nearly her entire crew.

Keanu reeves....emotions. uh maybe pick a different character or even a piece of the set user

You can't even spell "analyze". You're so going to fluke that shit, have fun.

What about the overlying conflict of machine vs human, freedom vs muh chains of bondage. What about you kill yourself?

"Neo wakes up?
Has to adapt to porridge wich makes him sad"

It's mid June how the fuck do you still have class?

are you referring to the most basic shit you could possibly write about?
Yeah, that'll help get through college

>show emotions in the visual text

What the fuck did they mean by this?

Seriously

>Analyse how conflicts were developed to show one or more emotion(s) in the visual text.

I dont even know what this sentence means. tfw stupid

I don't think you are, it sounds like it's been written by the postmodern essay generator in French then translated to English.

its obviously referring to how shots are framed, how colors are selected and referred back to later, and the positioning of characters to evoke some emotion

the visual text is just an artsy fartsy word meaning the stuff you can see

the whole bit about conflict is oddly specific, but perhaps the teacher/professor wanted something specifically dealing with a conflict. That bit was probably just poorly thought out. I wonder if a TA wrote this, though. Could be high school though, ofc

>how shots are framed, how colors are selected and referred back to later, and the positioning of characters to evoke some emotion

Is this kind of language of its own, with its own set of rules you need to learn to understand their meaning properly, or is analyzing them completely subjective?

Wait what? Do you have to analyze fucking Matrix in a film school? Like for real? Not some Orson Welles or Jean Renoir or Godard but a fucking Matrix? Not that I'm trying to offend someone, I'm just surprised, enlighten me. Do you analyze capeshit as well?

I've never really thought about it before but that's a terrible grouping.

go with cypher's conflicts with neo, morpheous and trinity

hates/shows disdain to morpheus
sexuality/love to trinity
jealousy for neo

why do u assume he's at film school

Neo and the agents

Conflict: tptb over the people

At the end of the first film, Neo stands up, shows his palm to the agents, and says "no." When they try to shoot him anyway, he stops the bullets in mid-air and they fall to the ground.

The bullets represent everything the gov throws at us. When Neo stands up and flexes, the background warps around him - visual implication we have more power/influence over the world around us than we realise.

Blah blah etc, good luck with your grade.

How else could it be possible to have an exam about a film? I'm confused.

In English these days often kids work on films rather then literature because it relates to them more.

They'll show interest in a film where often many won't even look at a book let alone read it.

We did Matrix in school but I think we did it for religion (lol catholic/christian schools) b/c you gotta teach stuff kids will take an interest in

In my country if you're studying at school you don't choose what to work on. You have literature classes and so you have to read and pass exams on literature, and there are no film classes whatsoever.

again we don't have film classes we do films in other classes such as English and religion

Literally high school tier.
You cna write any kind of bullshit as long as you sound smart.
Your arguments dont even have to make sense

Watching Matrix in an English language class if that's not the native language actually makes sense, I have nothing against it. Not sure though how can it fit religion class but whatever.

Write about the betrayer and his unresolved conflict of taking the red pill. He's like Sup Forums

I have no actual knowledge of what curriculum of english classes involves in english speaking countries, but would assume learning to interpret visual media is important there as well.