/grimes/

Let's talk nicely about the fantastic Canadian artist known as Grimes.

News:
- The futuristic new Venus Fly video featuring Janelle Monae is out now on Tidal

>almost finished building like 20 or so 5D multi timbral synths in roli equator, they'll be released for roli blocks later this year. never made synths from scratch before, its pretty fun
Video with her playing a mean jam: instagram.com/p/BP6JQUMjSd_/

- Grimes produced a new Aristophanes song, Humans Become Machines: youtube.com/watch?v=BHmVqMISPLw If you don't know, Aristophanes is that Taiwanese rapper that performed on SCREAM.

- David Byrne is a fan:
>"I started collecting pictures of Grimes, Madonna, Kate Bush, Sinèad O’Connor, on and on—popular musicians are obsessed with her. This trend inspired the premise for the show: a pop star decides to give in to the Joan obsession and tell her epic story in concert".

>Boucher's public persona is definitely striking, but one-on-one, the perception completely dissolves. Here I was expecting someone brimming with whimsy, but instead she was a 24-year-old girl; rather down to earth and just coming to terms with the concept of fame. The fame that brings David Byrne of Talking Heads to your shows. When his name came up, Boucher was absolutely ecstatic, like an excited little puppy. "The tour in America was fucking insane. David Byrne being there was crazy. I kinda wish I knew he was there before the show… But then again if I did, I probably would’ve been really nervous".

Rule #1: be nice to Grimes.
Rule #2: see Rule #1.

Other urls found in this thread:

metacritic.com/person/grimes
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S70814019#p70814844
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I wish she was American

GRIMES IS UGLY AND SUCKS

i wish she was dead

Stop hating her, deluded cunts

I am literally shaking right now I can't even

what a shitty 'musician', there is NOTHING redeemable about art angels, it's just some stupid glitchy sounds with her kpop-influenced squeeky singing

horrible on every level

ME TOO FUCK GRIMES. TODAY WE STAND AGAINST GRIMES

Get some taste dumbass and stop signaling that you're a pleb. AA is great, you just don't get its appeal. Do you even like experiment pop?

this

FUCK GRIMES

*experimental

SACRIFICE

>implying your hate has any effect
The sweet crocodile tears of trolls...

Grimes is not even CLOSE to being the best current artists, let alone best of all time

And this list is just the beginning

grimer here ama

MMMMM SO PRETTY YUM YUM

/take back our board/

GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT GRIMES IS SHIT

Because RYM (the cradle of pretentious nerds, many of them mu/users) said that? LMFAO!!

Grimes fans, keep reporting these dumb posts. Happy banning, trolls!

>implying grimesfags on Sup Forums aren't just another type of pretentious stupid nerds

ROFLMAO!!!

daily reminder that telling people to report posts is against the rules

enjoy b& camp you fucking idiot

This, I don't know why these idiots are so deluded and defend her music so much

Okay. How small is your dick? One or two inches?

>implying grimer doesnt have a whopping 9 inch thick veiny cock

You were banned many times. Apparently the mods should be aware that you're circumventing the bans with VPNs and shit. You need a global permanent ban, dipshit. Happy banning asswipe!

>implying RYM has any relevance
This is relevant metacritic.com/person/grimes , not that nerd site

>muh mods are my personal army
>mods please ban people i dont like
I got a 24 hr ban dude im not going to get permanently banned for shitting up grimes threads

the world doesnt revolve around what you want

>I got a 24 hr ban
Why do you lie, you putrid idiot? Hopefully the mods will check the IPs and block your whole IP range.

Im not lying man

Like I said "shitting up grimes threads" isnt a permanent ban level offense just because you want it to be

>your whole IP range
dou you have the minor hint of how the internet works? kek

Yes, idiot. Ever heard of dynamic IPs? There's a range between they're generated. But if that dumbfuck is using a VPN that would be a bit more difficult to block.

Hey dude do you wanna know what my secret to ban evading is?

Waiting for them to expire

Because they're only for 24 fucking hours

Honestly? Because it triggers spergs like you.
Plus she's a cool musician who makes cool music.

Hard to believe you were banned just for 24h after your spamming sessions. Your spamming will achieve nothing. It's just a drop of piss in the ocean.

you should only be banned for posting pictures of her anyway

you can say bad words on blue board, it's ok

literally telecom engineer. blocking a range of dynamic IPs would ban a whole city in IPv6 and ISPs would not allow that because it affects lots of its clients. VPNs are easier to block if they're static, which they usually are because you pay per adress, so it's not worth it if you get banned

>not being nice to Grimes
Lol what spergs.

>Your spamming will achieve nothing
same

you arent going to ever be accepted here man sorry

It depends how big is that range.

>same
>implying that grimesposting = spamming
As long it's music related and on topic, what's the problem?

grimes is cools

yeah nah she's a cunt

I'm tired of this tthreads, I wonder if you would still make these threads if grimes dies out of the blue this week.

Ya
If you're tired of them, filter them. You'll never see them again.

Grimes will die one day. I'm sorry.

a tear shed for those lost

RIP grimes.

i will blow my brains out in a busy area

maybe a childrens playground

t. Grineth.

Everyone will die one day. But her art will remain.

her art is her children

another day another grimes shillerino. at least they aren't trying to be subtle about it anymore.

it was mean't to be that way, and that's ok

i will use shotgun

>Everyone will die one day
>Her art will remain

That logic.

Grimes would be nothing without white privilege

this is not a racist comment

Problem? Filter it and get out.

"almost finished building like 20 or so 5D multi timbral synths in roli equator, they'll be released for roli blocks later this year. never made synths from scratch before, its pretty fun"

as a producer, something really irks me about the way she talks about making music haha. its really pretentious.

These sort of comments have no place on a music board. Go here

everything she does is political. her existence is political

This is a music board. Post your stupid "white privilege" crap elsewhere. No negotations.

You forgot the verb in your sentence. ie.
>That is logic.

Grimes is a miracle!

Shame that a large part of Sup Forums is immune to miracles. They are unable to recognize a great newish artist. They will jump on the bandwagon once Grimes will have a legend status like Bjork and Kate Bush.

I love her honestly

That's because her natural writing style is incredibly informal. It's literally just a written-out transcription of what she would say out loud if someone was in the room with her. On the one hand it's great because it makes her incredibly personable. But on the other hand it can make her come across as pretentious because - although you get the overall gist of what she means in the words - you miss out on all the vocal/body language cues that normally accompany a conversation. It's a major part of the root cause for why it is she always has so much trouble with people (especially in the press) spinning her words.

this

This

Exactly. Her writing style is very close to her actual speaking style. Without the body language to support those words, her written messages could be misinterpreted as pretentious or whatever.

she acts uncontrollably nervy and you know it

She seems nervous most of the time. A chill Grimes wouldn't be really Grimes, right?

Did you like Grimes after the first listen? Or it was a longer process?

A MUCH longer process.

Does this post make any sense?
>i think i speak for everyone in mu when i say that i don't hate grimes, i don't like her music and i don't listen to her, that's it, but the problem are all of her autistic fans
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S70814019#p70814844

How could that user dislike her music if he didn't even listen to it? Black magic?

It was a long process for me too. Fortunately I realized that she's the real deal.

>Does this post make any sense?
nope

will she be like bowie and always be semi relevant or will she pull a madonna and after she breaks mainstream will she become highly controversial and become super irrelevant except as a pop culture joke

Your prediction is totally off scale. Grimes is umpredictible, she could make masterpiece after masterpiece or she could retire from music. I bet she will not become highly controversial for the simple reason that the quality of her art is really high and most probably will remain really high. There's nothing controversial about her acclaim, she's mostly loved by the music world.

but dont forget its a POP project and she's the POP STAR

will the mainstream public be able to accept her quirks? people don't have a high tolerance for breaking the social status quo...

She's not really a pop star. Only some of her songs are pop (and not even 100% pop). Listen to songs like Scream, Omega, Venus in Fleurs, Eight, Colour of Moonlight, Favriel, Life in the Vivid Dream, Rasik, Swan Song, Dream Fortress, Caladan, Shadout Mapes, Beast Infection, Circumambient. Do those songs sound like they belong to top 40? Be honest.

yes, actually.

well not so much the ones from her earlier albums.

Ya think?

Scream sounds like a top 40 song? Did you even listen to the actual top 40?

did you?

I did. To know the "enemy" ;)

I can assure you that nothing from top 40 sounds even remotely close to those tunes that I mentioned before. Many of Grimes songs are catchy as fuck, but first you must get the appeal of her voice and her all over the place style. Most pop fans don't have patience, they want quick rewards.

so you agree that she will pull a madonna

I'm too lazy to find it but there's a 2011 interview where she mentions her ultimate goal is to be a pop star, soooo

Grimes will not pull a Madonna, she too weird for that. She will pull a Bjork. She's that kind of popstar, the art popstar.

>I'm too lazy to find it but there's a 2011 interview where she mentions her ultimate goal is to be a pop star, soooo
I know. She wants to be a popstar but not any kind of popstar. This is her main goal:
>"To become the world's weirdest pop-star and be respected for having a strong, experimental body of work that represents something new in music and that is considered to be 'important' rather than 'popular'."

That sounds more like a Bjork kind of popstar than Madonna to me.

grim

es

quit comparing she to bjork reeee

What's the problem? They're both great art pop artists, so it's natural to compare them.

stop.

No thanks

you compare them cuz they are both females

comparing bjork with grimes is a stupid meme

Common things between Grimes & Bjork:
>weird voices
>quirky, playful personalities
>strange fashion sense
>interesting live shows
>acclaimed electronic music
>dedicated fanbase
>obscure albums before the proper breakthrough albums (Grimes has Geidi Primes & Halfaxa, Bjork has S/T album from 1977)
>eclectic music taste.