ITT: Seriously...

ITT: Seriously, is there anything worse than "woke" prog plebs who think they have found the apex of music in prog music just cus:
>MUH SONG LENGTHS
>MUH SONG MOVEMENTS
>MUH TIME SIGNATURES
>MUH SOLOS AND TECHNIQUE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=scHsYxr2Z54
youtube.com/watch?v=bkDjgmfZIqE
youtube.com/watch?v=-4AhdWGci3c
youtube.com/watch?v=D5iX9YhCCp8
youtube.com/watch?v=RT8dNkD-Byc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I used to be one, but I still think some prog is good. Pic related, for instance, has all of those things and is still amazing. Prog had pretty much run its course by the late 1970's, though.

Don't get OP wrong, I love some prog.
But prog obsessors seem to just be the worst when it comes to self-righteousness and belief in their music as superior. They seem to legit think all prog is great.

the beach boys are overrated shit

>fans of * are pretentious
news flash

I love many kinds of prog music,but the fanbase are awful

I listen to prog and post-poppunk.

Does that make my taste superior or complete shit?

rym/mu/plebs who believe they have found the apex of music in their small circle of acclaimed/slightly underground rock & pop just cus
>muh innovation
>muh relevance
>muh feels
>muh extramusical content and context in general even though music is supposed to be your main hobby
course i'm just playing devil's advocate but there's just as much self-righteousness found here, rhetoric against "plebs" "tumblrcore" "metalfags" "posers" "mallgoths" "avant-teens" or those guys you talk about, than from any youtube comment prog kid, real talk
zealous fans of prog or metal usually at least have the excuse of being underage and it's to be expected from them

Totally agree with this. I don't think prog is the apex of music, but it was more of a fringe movement that gained a lot of traction until it was mainstream.

As mentioned, Close to the Edge isn't that long, but it's a very interesting and enduring album.

THIS

Alright, my autism has had enough of this compressed-to-hell-and-back image. Here, take a cleaner one.

Hey dude, don't get me wrong, I think anyone who thinks they've found the apex of music in any small circle is an idiot, self-righteous prick.

My only claim is it seems proggers are the worst. Even worse than Sup Forumscore bummers.

avant prog/canterbury stuff is pretty good and underrated. Really different feel from the more dungeons and dragons side of prog, for which I don't have much patience either

youtube.com/watch?v=scHsYxr2Z54
youtube.com/watch?v=bkDjgmfZIqE
youtube.com/watch?v=-4AhdWGci3c
youtube.com/watch?v=D5iX9YhCCp8

I think the point he's making though is that from other groups like those he mentioned, they're probably old enough and been around long enough that they should know better

Newbie proggers are mostly young and are likely just getting into more "artsy" music, so it's not so surprising that it comes from them

I've never met anyone who thinks prog is "superior".

That's an odd claim. Most people who bum Sup Forums are young and have just stumbled on Sup Forums

yes, grown men who care about what 14 year olds do

snap i was going to write something to this effect.

t. avant-teen poser who listens to RYMcore

>Prog had pretty much run its course by the late 1970's, though.
No

youtube.com/watch?v=RT8dNkD-Byc

>tfw when prog is your favorite genre and you get labeled a pretentious shithead because of the awful fanbase even though you just like the way it sounds

Dream Theater is everything wrong with prog metal and prog music

Poptimists

thanks, i hadn't heard some good utter fuckin garbage in a while

Prog is deeply reactionary

holy shit perfect post

how do you do it?

really makes you think...

kek are these covers a joke

First three albums are best, everything else is okay and ever since Mangini joined... well they're pretty much fucked.

Prog music is and always has been complete shit I'm 27 and used to listen to Dream Theater in my teens.

Great recommendations. I absolutely love Caravan's In the Land of Grey and Pink. It's the most British album ever in my opinion. Camel is another great band.

I bet you listen to indie and rap or poser RYMcore now lmao
Fucking sheep

Well, if you've only listened to Dream Theater and thought that they're the end all be all of prog, it's no wonder why you have that opinion. Check out the Canterbury scene bands and give UK a listen too.

Scaruffi prog like Djam Karet and Birdsongs of the Mesozoic are neat