Albums/artists that killed their respective genres

Albums/artists that killed their respective genres

Nice bait

I didnt mean for it to sound harsh, this was inspired from another thread in here

What albu/artist basically became the definitive focus point of a genre, in effect "killing " it because everything that cane after was said to have been copying the said artist/album

Meh Souvlaki was released 2 years later, but nothing will ever top Loveless

I was thinking about Esblosions in de Sky, but this is also correct

That's pretty much accurate, but there was nowhere for shoegaze to go really. It's a pretty one-dimensional genre. That's why the amount of "classics" are so few, and a lot of those aren't even good.

Does the same apply to Bob Marley and reggae?

Yeah probably.

oh well in that case mac demarco kind of ruined jangly pop music even if he wasn't the first

Yeah.
Sadly, correct.

What in the absolute FUCK is this? I just listened to the first "song" and it's literally a bunch of noise. It's not even different noises. It's like the same thing repeating for three minutes. I don't understand how people can enjoy this. If the whole album is like this, I don't want any part of it. This is not a "classic" album. This is fucking noise.

Why would you repost something so unfunny

/board

It's a style of a wide genre, what the fuck is wrong? How did it kill post-rock? (It certainly wasn't because a bunch of inspired bands came after)

I DONT LIEK HIM HE JUST RUINED H-HOOPS F-FOR ME

mogwai
expolsions
tortoise

they're all boring as fuck

tfw no more talk talk slint swans post rock bands

If anything loveless brought shoegaze to the mainstream.
It didn't "Kill" it as much as it did "ruin" it
it ruined it through excessive crescendos becoming influential

only because it's so fantastic there cannot ever be a better post-rock record.

>Slint
you are calling mogwai and tortoise boring?

Sandtimer - Vaporwave is Dead