Will there ever be a more high-stakes action scene?

Will there ever be a more high-stakes action scene?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wSgeEH-Zwbk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what
the
fuck

please tell me that's a deleted scene

God this shit is offensive. I hate that they interpreted a more "child friendly" book as being cartoony garbage.

I'm really glad I never bothered to watch the 3rd one.

the hobbit is a children's movie based of a children's book

What the fuck is even supposed to be happening?

Wow, I totally erased that from my memory apparently.

this, do they have magnets in their heads?

how the fuck does a scene like this gets through all the stages from writing, filming, post production and editing without anyone saying that it is utterly ridiculous with no point whatsoever is beyond me

just look at this shit

By that logic, if you hated the movie, you should hate the book.

So I have a theory about this

Im pretty sure both the dwarf and the orc were supposed to have CGI helmets that were never added in. I think those helmets were supposrd to have horns or some shith that lock when they head butt. But thats just my theory, it could just as easily be a super-glue-orc or some bullshit

it is

So we can all agree the Hobbit is prequel-tier shit, correct?

It's almost worse. The prequels were terrible but the ideas came from the same person as the original. The Hobbit crew had a great book to adapt and did it horribly.

Didn't you watch the movie?

The dwarf has a broken-off hatchet permanently stuck to his forehead.

The orc is CGI

I watch the prequels from time to time, and will again in the future.

I will never watch any of The Hobbits again. Ever.

Holy shit, was that in the actual movie?

>Didn't you watch the movie?

No?

I can't watch LOTR because then I would have to watch these too.

Idiots and assholes in charge of film making. Industry, ladies and gents.

I think the action scenes in the first Hobbit had a very good balance of comedy and dramatic action (apart from the Goblin Town sequence but then that entire part was garbage)

Atleast Peter Jackson and the team admitted that they didn't execute it properly.

On the other hand, if George Lucas put literal shit in our eyes he would think people should appreciate it, that's how delusional he is.

and also the prequels had original ideas, just utilized poorly

he should be dead.

reminder

"im le stronk womyn xD, i can kill witch king"

"le deus ex machina caspers"

RotK is just slightly better than hobbit 3

based Jackson

>"and in this next scene, their heads are stuck together and hilarity ensues!"
>"Hahaha great job boss let's make it happen"

Says who?

Either way the hatchet clearly wasnt in the scene, their foreheads were skin to skin. Also that hatchet probably wouldnt get stuck its not like a hook or anything.

wut it didnt happen?

That fucking jump...

says i

i'm not autistic or anything

why would watching LOTR mean you have to watch the hobbit, are you autistic?

if you are I apologise.

Does anyone have a webm of the chariot scene where the spikes on the wheel just explode the fuck out of the goblin's head?

Or the one where Legoland hangs upside down from the bird and solos literally 100+ in 5 seconds?

BRAVO JACKSON

BRAVO
R
A
V
O

The Witch-king thing was really just a Macbeth style semantic asspull, there's nothing wrong with it. The army of the dead were horribly executed in the film though.

LUCASED

le stronk woman cliche wasn't really a cliche back then.

yeah the ghost were shit.

two moments vs constant clusterfuck movie

just slightly better

I am so triggered right now you must be shaking with laughter, you got me.

>was really just a Macbeth style semantic asspull, there's nothing wrong with it.
ayyy read yourself my man

not trying to trigger you

dont care about cliche or not, is fucking shit.
literally literally on par with "valar morghulis all men must die" " but we are not men".

a shame because fellowship and towers were fucking ace.

RotK a shit.

Never watched LotR, which movie do I watch first

holy fucking shit

Episode IV

I agree with this user

How did we go from this

Don't you ever insult my waifu ever again.

>People say Warcraft is bad...

To this

LOTR had years of pre-production and production.

Hobbit got fucked and had 6 months total, for everything. They had no choice but to make everything in post with CGI.

You should watch the interviews with Jackson and see how defeated he was with the time he was given.

can't believe i missed that

And finally, to this

Your theory is fucking stupid lad.

fucking this

I felt so bad for Jackson and he took the full force of the criticism for the films when he was the backup just trying to make the films at all.

The dwarf that headbutted the orc has a piece of axe stuck on his head, hence the reason why he only talks in the Dwarvish language throughout the trilogy. It would seem that axe piece also got stuck on that orc when he headbutted it.

>No CGI
Shit, I misremember the Hobbit, I literally thought any combat with more than 5 people was a cgi shitfest

>dwarves sets up line of defense
>elves ruin this entirely by jumping over the line of defense

wasn't The Hobbit in preproduction for years and years with Del Toro and when Del Toro couldn't wait Jackson took it over? Why couldn't he use any of that preproduction?

>watching movie for children
>suddenly bodyhorror

WHAT THE FUCK

wtf nigger why would they leap over the shield wall

bravo jackson

Elves are assholes, the First Age should've taught you that.

DELETE THIS

it was, but only because they wanted the dwarves to actually be shorter than everybody else, which as you can tell in they're actually average height
also
>that dwarf that swings his shield in front of the orc and you can clearly see a gap

were their heads stuck together somehow?

It's funny how none elf get hurt by the fucking pikes or NOT EVEN THEIR DAMM CAPES TOUCH THEM

FUCKING DAMMIT WHAT A MOVIE SHITFEST IT ENDED TO BE

holy shit i'm so glad i never watched these

that's literally the most retarded monster design i've ever seen
it looks like a pirate with two eye patches, two hook hands and two peg legs

The only big fight scenes without CGI were Azanulbizar, the warg chase with that stupid rabbit sled, and Bard's militia fighting in Dale

That's not how filmmaking works.

>have waited fucking years to see an army of Dwarves fight orcs
>Finally my time has come
>I get this

I felt nothing but anger watching the rest of this movie. I don't blame Jackson I blame the studio for not allowing him the time to get everything ready.

It's the Lucas effect all over again.

>full armor
>a poke in a protected body part kills it
Fuck this shit

>full armor
>has gaps everywhere

It looks cool as fuck but why do they jump over the shield wall

Love the color schemes of the battles in LoTR. They were way more gritty and "real".

damn

Exactly

The book wasn't shitty slapstick humor

Orc armor is made of -3 metal, human farming clothes are made of +25 linen

Expect the Hobbit movies were full of embarrassing shit that he didn't need to include. Webms in this thread being some great examples. Everyone can appreciate that Jackson didn't have a lot of time, but he still had control over content, tone and framerate. He signed off on all the shit that plagued these movies.

how the fuck do you do slapstick humor in a book

never forget

This case has beem brought so many times when taking physiolgy and neuroscience classes

and it's beautiful

what
in
the
fuck

Magnets

How do they work?

this isn't in the book

seems like it was a good idea to skip the third movie

why would you let 1 fleeting moment, and(I agree) the ghosts ruin an otherwise fantastic movie for you?

Out of 3 great movies why let something like that get to you?

Kids movie...

still better than WC.

Lucas syndrome, director was already part of a world renowned trilogy so no one questions him on the new one

Nigger, we've gone a decade of watching just LotR before this trilogy was even created.

this is actually a good scene

legolas is a literal god compared to everyone else.

>that crude axe of the dwarf at the bottom left

Looks like orc shit.

reminder

youtube.com/watch?v=wSgeEH-Zwbk

The Hobbit movies had some really fantastic visuals, it's just a shame they were in service to a half-assed vision of the book.

>inb4 Sup Forums contrarians claim that lotr and the hobbit are equally retarded.

Fuck you.

Can someone post that image of g.r.r. martins writing about the Khaleesi taking a shit in a field compared to some other authors writing.?
I'm pretty sure that counts as slapstick.