WARCRAFT

>Garona, I don't want you to die with me here on the battlefied, even though I've only known you for a few days and I'm not in love with you

>So I know what, why don't you kill me? That will bring peace between human and orc, even though I have no logical explanation for this

>Garona kills King Llane, orcs welcome her back with open arms without even suspecting anything, fuck they were implied to be an honorable race that would have shunned this kind of backstabbing, not even Gul'dan suspects some kind of betrayal is afoot

WHAT THE FUCK!?! Can we all agree this is was when the movie became shit?

Haven't watched it, was this a ruse?

everything orc was based, everything human minus some medivh scenes was weak

Well, shit had to happen that way, it's been cannon since the fucking Warcraft 2 manual

step aside vidya kino coming through

garna killing lane because shes being mindcontrolled by gu'dan is the "cannon."

>Captain America
>Agent Carter
>Preacher
>Warcraft

Is Dominic Cooper trying to be a meme actor?

It might have happened that way in the original lore, but the writing in the movie is so bad it made everything about the movie bad.

lmfao what's this guy doing

trying to figure out where the CG bad guys will be added.

He's not even a good actor, you see him on Graham Norton? Like a British Chris Pine, lights are on but no one's home.

Is the plot for this movie based on WC1 or WC2? No dwarves, elves and gnomes involved (in battle) so I figured it was WC1.

>Can we all agree this is was when the movie became shit?

No we can't. It became shit way before that.

You're retarded. He doesn't say it'll bring anything close to peace. He knew that Garona and himself were inevitably going to die so he sacrificed himself to ensure that at least she survived. The Orcs never liked her in the first place, so just the fact that she killed the king earned her some renown.

>Low quality cam-rips at lower FPS
I was watching out for this seen in the theater and it looked fine their.

I don't understand why he assumed her killing him would bring peace. I think it'd be more logical for him to beg a mercy, painless death than what we got. Also, dying by a "friendly" hand.

It WC1 badly retconned to introduce Thrall aka as Moise aka Jesus

>Blizztards actually defend this
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

>she killed the king earned her some renown

WHAT?! Prior to that the whole movie was about them being an honorable warrior race. Why would they accept some untrustworthy half breed defected to the Alliance and then defected back to them?

He was okay in Mamma Mia

>Why would they accept some untrustworthy half breed defected to the Alliance and then defected back to them?

I thought she was captured by the alliance, and didn't they hate her for being a half-breed?

>this is was when the movie became shit?

No, that was the first five minutes

>no way LLane will win against juiced up Blackhand
>Garona will die too as she is fighting with the humans
>LLane will die anyway
>Logical solution: Garona kills LLane, becomes warchief, ends war against humans

Was this really too hard to understand or did you need a freeze-frame and them talking into the camera to explain their actions?

Wasn't Thrall supposed to be born at the end of the WC2 campaign? has the timeline been messed up?

>inevitably going to die
Didn't see that thought. Why are they going to mass suicide with king then?

You will follow this... thing? Will you? You'll follow this demon?! I will not!

I FOLLOW A TRUE ORC! A chieftain...

Why didn't they just do an air assault with the Gryphons?

Hands down the best kino of 2016 so far.

that's tauren

Gryphons were not trainable until WC2

Thrall was born sometime after the Humans win and enslave the orcs, in between 2 and 3.

Why did the Orcs follow Gul'dan after that despite what he did? Fucking betas.

Did you not watch the movie? They all started to walk away from Gul'dan but he insta killed 3 of them. They turned around like pussies.

> known for a few days
are you retarded? not that i want to defend this trainwreck... but PAY ATENTION TO DETAIL!

her wounds on the neck went from ausschwitz level to almost healed!
that takes MONTHS!

In the original story Draka and Durotan were banished by Gul'dan during the first war and the frostwolf clan established himself in Alterac Valley. They were then murdered by some Gul'dan spies/assassin and Thrall was found in the amongst the bodies by an human commander of the internment camps of Durnhold.

It was just before the second war. So yes, the Moïse shit at the end is probably a troll directed against people naming him green jesus in the game. Like the hound who prefer chicken it's called surfing on memes or bad writing.

Lothar was OP and also did not kill Blackhand. Doomhammer killed Blackhand

Wasn't Thrall a half orc? I only played W2 and W3

But Frostwolves got exterminated in this movie right?

Yes

They saw him decimate three of them instantly by sucking up the fel. They don't know the extent of how much power the fel, and Gul'dan, can hold over them. Considering he sucked up dozens of souls to power a portal, they don't want to get theirs sucked up as well. The seeds of doubt have been sown though.

Hasn't this movie messed up Warcraft lore even moreso than The Burning Crusade? The events in WC1 are a lot different.

I don't watch talk shows because i'm not a pleb and i certainly don't watch Graham Norton because i'm not a middle aged woman pleb.

>all this money was spent on this shitty movie instead of increasing the quality of their games which they desperately need.

Blizzard everyone

No only Garona is half orc. But she's half orc half draenei, well nobody knows anymore.

Friendly reminder that the warcraft story before the Frozen Throne has been retconned so many times that even the people in charge don't know what it is at this point.

Warcraft lore is a giant pile of turd, it's subpar fantasy, sci-fy movie level. Only Blizzboys will defend this.

A simple no would have sufficed..

>Only Blizzboys will defend this.

They're too busy wasting their shekels on Hearthstone card packs and Overwatch loot boxes.

>Gul'dan sucking the energy out of that peasant was an allegory for Blizzard taking Wow subscription money

DEEPEST LORE

faggot

Why is King Varian Wrynn a white boy when his mother and older sister are niggers? Fuck how can a Lothar be the Queen's sister if she is Black and he is White?

>gamers talk about how good warcraft lore is or used to be in the beginning
>it gets a movie
>people who arent nostalgic for the games get exposed to the series for the first time
>they realize it's complete shit
>metzen has always been a hack

blizzard fanboys are already on suicide watch and keep parroting "w-wait for the warcraft 3 story that's when it gets good im serious"

What was david guetta casting there?

Sister looks Jew though.

>"w-wait for the warcraft 3 story that's when it gets good im serious"
It does get good in Warcraft 3 and Frozen Throne
It gets bad again after that

He was hearthing

chain heal

Warcraft movie in a nutshell

>le funny murloc at the beginning
>le hogger wanted panel
>le Ironforge CGI
>Garona story butchered
>le ripped Karate Kid Gul'dan story butchered
>Medhiv story butchered
>Blackhand/Hellscream/Doomhammer/Durotan story either ignored or butchered, on a side note on this, I know you can't introduce many characters because nowadays public is retarded but this isn't Game of Thrones.
>Overall story retconned, again.
>LE THRALL SUPERSTAR

>Warcraft 3
>good story

Act I and II was a rehash of the Kerrigan plot from StarCraft. Act II was a self contained orc story that could have been explained in 3 missions. Act IV was another 'good guys team up to defeat the evil faction' mission that we always get in every Blizzard game.

>burning crusade messed up the lore

Ha, shit has gone waaay off the rails since then, literally the last expansion has one of the orginal orc's son going back in time to WC1 and changing all kinds of shit.

>I can't possibly defeat this guy, you must kill me!
>Lothar shows up and kills that scrub in 5 seconds without even trying

My sides, what a fucking retard of a King

It looked pretty shit on screen too, but it's like a five second scene. Most of the CGI/Action is really good.

He was a retard for making a dash to the portal despite not knowing when it will close.

Nah, doing that meant he saved most of his enslaved citizens, which is the noble thing to do. Sup Forums as king, me included, would put self preservation first, but it's not 'retarded' not to.

>it's going to break the video game movie curse!
>it's going to be 90% on RT! dawn of vidyakino!
>w-who cares about the RT hivemind, fuck the critics and watch it and decide for yourself whether it's good or bad!
>what? of course I'm not watching the new ghostbusters movie, I saw the trailers and screenshots and based on that it looks like shit!
>it's a solid fun comfy 4/10 fantasy flick if you just turn your brain off!

Blizzdrones, ladies and gentlemen.

MOOOOMMM HE POSTED IT AGAIN

>4/10 fantasy

And it's generous. The fact is, it's a low tier fantasy movie for the general public and the blizzdrones should be outraged seeing how they destroyed the story, but no, they still defend this shit.

Well most warcraft fans became fans with WC3. They just want to see Thrall and Arthas, they don't care about about everything else.

Burning crusade was the 2nd xpac. Ur thinking of legion

Not it's you who have comprehension issue.

>Burning Crusade introduces outer space aliens (complete with crashed motherships) to Warcraft

We can't can't wait for this adaptation can we?

Thrall is supposed to be born fairly early into the first war iirc, while Blackhand is still chief.
The frostwolfs are banished, but Durotan approaches Orgrim and warns him of Gul'dan and the shadow council.
Gul'dans assassins get to Durotan.
Medivh dies and Gul'dan falls into a coma.
Orgrim assassinates Blackhand and takes control of the horde.
Orgrim slaughters the warlocks and makes Gul'dan submit to him as he wakes up.
Sometime during this Thrall is found among durotan and other frostwolves by humans.

The adaption isn't faithful to the game because it tries to pander to you and wowtards.

That was the least logical part of the movie, for sure.

I think Llane's logic was that it's better to be killed by a friend then have the enemy get the satisfaction of killing him.

Also did anyone else find it weird that Dom Cooper and Ruth Nigga were in this as well as Preacher?

if garona is a half human half orc (shes meant to be half draenei half orc) and orcs have never met humans until now

how does she even exist, and is however old she is

She's half draenei in the movie, that's how she understood what the draenei captives weresaying.

Did anyone really expect anything but a lukewarm film? All the movie had to do was establish a universe and some characters. I think the problem with the film is that it doesn't take enough time to do that.

>if garona is a half human half orc (shes meant to be half draenei half orc)
She's meant to be half human, half orc.
It made sense originally since it the orcs raid and scout for a lot of years before the actual invasion starts.
She could be up to 20 years in the original lore when she kills Llane.

In the movie though, there's a scene heavily hinting that Medivh went to Draenor and banged Garonas mom.

It's implied that Medivh is her father.

tfw no orc gf

You would not be an effective mate

He was going to die anyway, dying like that he managed to flip her and Azteroth has an informant/turncoat on the Orc side. I guess they don't suspect because she's been a subservient Orc slave all her life, but maybe there will be some tension in the next movie.

back to le reddit my man.

>it's going to break the video game movie curse!
Already has. Angry Birds too. See box office.

>it's going to be 90% on RT!
Said no one ever.

>dawn of vidyakino!
We already are.

Vidyakino will never come in the way you expect. It will never satisfy critics, because these old farts are in their 60s and 70s.

Warcraft is already breaking ice, and if you don't realise what it's doing, then you clearly haven't paid attention to the last half of the last decade.

Wasn't WC2 all about Lothar retaking Stormwind from the Orcs? What are we going to do for a sequel now that things have changed?

>Moïse
What did he mean by this?

That point in the story hasn't happened yet.

>if you kill me, it will forge a peace between orcs and humans

What the fuck? How? That's not even what ended up happening, right? She killed him, and they stopped fighting basically, and I was under the impression that both sides were just taking a breather from fighting. To collect their dead and stuff, i.e. Anduin swooping in and grabbing Llane's body. There is no peace not even an uneasy fake peace.

I predict a future sequel will be WC2 and Beyond the Dark portal merged into 1 story.

10 billion soulless chinks can't wrong.
Welcome to the future of film.

No, he was a retard for not going through with the prisoners.

wheeeew off to mordor!

You can tell Ragnar was totally phoning in his performance but having fun while doing so.

haha
can someone tell me if it's actually cut that way?

What's this guy doing?

i liked it :)

It's probably just his idle animation.

>WHAT THE FUCK!?! Can we all agree this is was when the movie became shit?

this movie was shit when the first trailer came out. all you man babies need to stop whining that it's not making money. nobody gives a fuck about this lame shit.

>Non-white elves

I vomited

He didn't. Are you retarded? Dude was gonna die and took a shot in the dark.

No the movie became shit way before this. This was just the apex of shittines.

> honorable warrior race

Judging orcs by Durotan is like judging the North by Ned Stark. Orcs do seem to have a strict warrior code, but if something is not covered by it, it's free for all. Most of them evidently have no qualms about killing women, children and prisoners.

Garona slays the king in battle, so the formal conditions are satisfied and she gets acclaim and protection by the laws (which saves her from imminent death). She achieves it (as the orcs see it) by cunning, but it's not a ritual one-on-one battle, so I don't see a problem here.

Also I don't think that Gul'dan particularly trusts her. She's just a valuable asset for him.