Why are metalheads so cringy and pretentious?

why are metalheads so cringy and pretentious?

Other urls found in this thread:

psychcentral.com/lib/preferred-music-style-is-tied-to-personality/
metalinjection.net/latest-news/metal-science/science-proves-metal-fans-and-classical-fans-are-identical-personality-wise
youtube.com/watch?v=XC0MQog6Omg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

because metal is a cringy and pretentious genre

I like metal, but most metalheads are people who think they are above everyone else because "muh distortion" and "muh growled vocals", so they think they have more tolerance for heavy music, and are therefore "cooler"

This comic is semi-accurate

I know some metal fans who are a bit cringy and a little pretentious but they genuinely don't know they're acting like that, they're just really passionate about the music

the top right panel is dead on

fpbp

I don't mean in the sense that metalheads are good at taking care of children I just mean Middle class moms are so quick to judge others while they don't take care of their children well either

No I mean in the sense that metalheads that dress like that generally don't make good parents.

This is true. Metalheads lack that kind of morbid reflexivity which characterises hipsters.

i think the anti poser stuff and pretentiousness of metal heads equates to the way other music listeners try to label metal as childish because of fantastic and dark themes. Its really no less cliche than some whiny cunt strumming on an acoustic or "indie" bands dressed like they just walked out of urban outfitters.

I enjoy metal and always will but if someone dresses like a "metalhead" past their teens, ESPECIALLY into actual adulthood, they likely have serious problems

this. every genre has their fair share pretentious dickheads.

i dont know. why do people who listen to rap act like niggers

lol u mad

White guilt and in the case of blacks - retardation

I listen to rap and I don't act like a nigger.

>letting the music you listen to dictate your style of dress
I realize this isn't exclusively a metalhead thing, but Jesus Christ on a pogo stick.

Why electronic fans are always so chill and extremely amazing?

I know you memenin' son, and you just might be right desu, but middle class moms can be some of the most stuck up and quick to judge people out there.

"middle class mom" is not a personality type. you think sitcoms are real.

Electronic fans are more pretentious than metal fans. They are pretty chill though.

You've clearly not met many suburban 30-40 housewives then.

what does this even fucking mean i don't live in the woods i just haven't fallen for the "real life is a movie" meme

>meeting people

This

A lot of metal heads also listen to classical, but there's always that stereotypical metal head that claims anything that has clean vocals is degenerate and uses heavy music as their personal identity in public.

im sorry but how is this wrong?

Because they want to be black.

Because rap is usually about how awesome it is being a nigger

>A lot of metal heads also listen to classical,

they really don't though. they fetishize it because it feeds further into their pretense.

and no, learning the opening few bars of a bach piece from ultimate guitar doesn't count as "listening to classical"

**SPOILER ALERT**

>[if the dad had just listened to metal and not felt the need to turn what should be a hobby into the foundation of his identity, those women wouldn't have criticized him for being visibly emotionally-stunted]

Yeah, all my metalhead fans just REALLY enjoy the music. I realised I've becoming a self-loathing metalhead because I started making fun of anything I didn't like.

yeah nobody says that.
I think clean vocals specifically in metal is shit though.

Why do you write like that?

none of anything you write there is accurate
all of it is just your opinions
none of you has access to truth

psychcentral.com/lib/preferred-music-style-is-tied-to-personality/
metalinjection.net/latest-news/metal-science/science-proves-metal-fans-and-classical-fans-are-identical-personality-wise

People who listen to metal and classical often share similar personality traits, and there a lot of crossover where each group listens to the other. Idk if may people on Sup Forums would though, considering most people here aren't actually musicians.

I like a lot of solo flute pieces. Chaminade's concertino, Carmen Fantaisie, Suite Modal, Moliquie's Concerto in D minor, etc

>cringy and pretentious
Nice projecting.

>I, The Witchfinder
EVERYONE MOCK AND IGNORE WHAT THIS TRIP JUST SAID

HE LISTENS TO METAL

that's because people who identify as "liking classical" are similarly pretentious as metalfags. there is no uniting thread between a bach chorale, a tárrega piece, and an old broadside ballad except a loose idea of their having "classical harmony" which even academia recognizes as a stupid meme of its own.

the only reason you would ever identify as "liking classical" and not state something more specific is because you're trying to associate yourself with the perception of classical being synonymous with high art.

I wish gorespammer came back

YEAH!

Me too.

The only reason I would identify as liking classical is because I'm a classical musician. I listen to metal because a lot of it is interesting. There is still a pretty big crossover. You'd be surprised how many younger musicians in orchestras listen to Slipknot or someshit.

>the only reason you would ever identify as "liking classical" and not state something more specific
Yeah, that happens with everyone. I know enough people that say they like classical, but don't actually listen to it actively or get bored immediately when something classical is playing.

Seriously.

Why are they all so fucking determined to show you how despite their hardcore lifestyles they are well adjusted adults who are better people than average.

You don't see punks trying to prove they're not about their looks.

Oh great, it's another "young nu male hipster gets triggered by metalheads" episode.

>You don't see punks trying to prove they're not about their looks.

All metalfags are nu-males at heart.

>tripfag accusing someone else of being cringy and pretentious

not everyone who listens to metal dresses like that

autism

Because they cool down the room when it gets hot.

This

>bach
>classical

>what people mean when they say "i like classical"
>the actual classical era and not just anything before ~1900

pick one

Oh yeah, everyone says classical when they mean orchestral

>"contemporary classical"
>"modern classical"
its the exact same as saying "modern medieval"
FUCKMEDEAD

quads confirms

I mean, classical stations play more than "classical" music, so it's pretty forgivable.

I just expect it to mean anything before 1900 when people say classical
stop being fig

I write like that for the same reason grown men apparently dye their hair black and pick their daughter up from school decked out in black.

**T*o ExXpr3zz My5Elffff**

got a problem with it take it up with my ass

>learning the opening few bars of a bach piece from ultimate guitar doesn't count
tfw the tabs are probably wrong too

Are you okay?

i learned BWV 999 from ultimate guitar in high school and still finger it like a fucking mong even though i'm in uni majoring in guitar now.

this the only thing that made me cringe here.

Post punk is most pretentious

shoegaze

give me some stoner metal recs

cathedral's 2nd album

youtube.com/watch?v=XC0MQog6Omg

Maybe not stoner metal, but similar?

Crowbar, Windhand, Beelzebong, Fu Manchu

this
cathedral fucking rips

>take it up my ass
are u ok

ITT

bong rock is trash

nice trips

second one down from the left is my roommate

>trips
:thinking:

>>>/grimes/

>why are metalheads so cringy and pretentious?
ITT: pretentious nu-males

fat metalheads who think they're badass cause their preferred bands use torture devices and similar as part of their aesthetic.

they wear makeup but it's okay cause the songs are about death so they can't be girly or gay.

calling someone a nu-male cause they haven't fallen for the "listen to this genre, become an instant tough guy" meme

you're a faggot

>fat metalheads who think they're badass cause their preferred bands use torture devices and similar as part of their aesthetic.

Nu-male getting offended because others listen to a different genre

>calling someone a nu-male cause they haven't fallen for the "listen to this genre, become an instant tough guy" meme

Nu-male getting offended

>you're a faggot
mad

or you could admit to being incorrect

Semantics don't really matter all that much when it's obvious what the person is talking about. It focuses more on something tiny that the original argument.

And I say "orchestral music" what it's worth.

how did he get away with it? did the mods give even less of a shit back then or what

You know the Beatles created cringe and metal??

Because they enjoy participating in an exclusive edgy "subculture" and not actually music per se, any metal bands that can pull off genuine musicality that can appeal to non-metalheads is hipster trash outside of some classic bands that are grandfathered in

whyyy
is he carrying a purse

metalfag mad cause i don't respect the might of his edge. thinks masculinity is proportional to the amount of kick drum hits your genre of choice can fit into a measure. thinks people reject songs about causing pain to others because they're too high concept. we're just not tough enough to handle them.

Yeah, it's the musical equivalent of guys who are obsessed with how spicy their food is, actually enjoyment is secondary to showing off how extreme your tastes are

he didn't "get away with it" he ban evaded

Because it's the only genre left that still has a subculture. There's a way to look metal, and when you start alienating yourself from the rest of society, you start to see yourself as better than them.

Yeah, he looks like he just got out of middle school. They're know for cringe pictures.

What's wrong with Metallica?

>god, metalheads are so cringey, they don't even uderstand the post-verbal brilliance of thugger

A lot Metallica has the dumb faux high concept lyrics I mentioned but the music itself usually isn't that bad.

Thrash isn't the worst the genre has to offer.

You're underage too?

You clearly haven't left your parents house. You'll slowly find out that a lot of shit you see in tv or cinema is actually accurate enough since it relates to the people who watch it.

Lyrics are fine. Idk why you are even looking at the worst songs in the genre, or ever comparing the metal audience to middle schoolers. Hardly anyone in middle school really understands music yet, and they use music for self expression for fitting into cliques. Look at the core bands that make the genre popular.

>Because it's the only genre left that still has a subculture

Literally was about to post this album.