What does Sup Forums think of King Gizzard? Is anyone else really excited for pic related?

What does Sup Forums think of King Gizzard? Is anyone else really excited for pic related?

I listened to their first album, liked it but not something I'll return to a lot, i think. Are their later album better?

Their later albums are much much better imo. Listen to Nonagon, Quarters! and Mind Fuzz.

Thanks for recs, I'll dig them. It's that I liked the idea of surf psych but I had a strange feeling about that album. I'll try with mind fuzz

Loved the first album, found the use of the harmonica really interesting and the song structures fun and different.

My favourite of there's is Paper Mache Dream Balloon. Smashed that shit over summer and I find it so innocent and comfy and love the jazzy moments on it.

Nonagon Infinity is pretty good (People-Vultures being my favourite).

Have yet to listen to the rest of their discography but they're a solid bunch. I saw them live and I remember seeing them stood outside the venue looking lost. I wish I'd gone and spoke to them but me and my friend just gawked at them awkwardly and I think they noticed (great gig btw)

they're really good. constantly pumping out good shit. none of the singles for Microtonal Banana have really "wow"ed me so far, but i'll see when I listen to the whole album

seeing them live in march, excited for that as I've heard lots of good things about their live shows

Sleep Drifter is prime
Wasn't too impressed with the other new singles though

I'm hype for all the albums they're going to put out this year..I want another album along the lings of Nonagon and Mind fuzz

definitely a fun band to see live. that goes for a lot of that psych/garage lofi bands

>I want another album along the lines of their most popular and subsequently the one that got me into them

i want them to do more like wiloughby's beach desu

I thought the opposite desu, sleep drifter was just ok. Hyped for the album regardless.

Tru, the really lofi surf stuff had a certain charm about it. But I really like the direction they're going with that tight Hi-Fi sound

Jesus

their music is ok but I'm really excited for microtonal banana. none of it is really blowing me away but I'm excited for pop music that makes use of the full range of tones, or at least deviates from the chromatic scale

Yes and it's actually my MOST anticipated of the year so far. The streak they've been on for their last 4 or 5 albums has been crazy, and I've loved every pre release track so far.

Wow user, you must really be into music!

They're great but I want them to make something like Oddments again.

I'm hype for it. I saw them live like 2 weeks ago and they went off. They played some brand new songs off of the second album they're releasing this year, and they are so fucking heavy. Like full on doomy riffs and almost mosh parts. It's gonna be so fucking sick. Imagine like stuff off Nonagon/Mind Fuzz but heavier and darker

I wish more of their songs were like 'Sense' off of Paper Mache Dream Balloon

>implying you understand any of it

Really excited. Favourite album by them is Quarters, but all of it's great.

>I'll try with mind fuzz
Great choice! It's their best album in my opinion.

>pop music that makes use of the full range of tones, or at least deviates from the chromatic scale
care to share names? I can only think about Syzygysā€¦

Yeah, man. Nuclear Fusion's super groovy.

I've had Trapdoor stuck in my head for the past day or two, so that's nice.

AND EVERYBODY KNOWS

Listening to Nonagon as I read this. Good album. The crazy output they've promised this year is cool but I hope the quality doesn't drop because of it.