Ash vs. Evil Dead

Saw the trilogy recently..
Will probably watch the remake just for the sake of it.

What should I expect from this?

reddit

episodes 4 and 5 are a chore, everything else is good, 8, 9 and 10 are fucking amazing blue balls finale tho but gotta set up that second season

Its really weird and not what you expect. They tried to turn Evil Dead into some kind of monster of the week show and its pretty good I guess but never blew my socks off and I honestly haven't gave it a second thought since the finale, you just reminded me of it.

Mitt Romney biopic when ??

It's fantastic. It's the over the top humor of Army of Darkness mixed with the buckets of gore of the original The Evil Dead.

thoroughly enjoyable stupid schlock

Not perfect but still great fun.

The first few episodes are fun, but it gets progressively shittier due to too much focus on le funnay spic and le badas ;P grill side characters.

>gets progressively shittier
The last three episodes are the best of the season.

>but theres a woman in it ;_;

Bruce Campbell charm and charisma carrying an otherwise unremarkable show. It's not bad, but it just didn't reach beyond the level of entertaining diversion for me. I didn't even finish the full season.

Episodes 8-10 > Episodes 1-3 > Episodes 4-7

Can we all agree on this, Sup Forums?

Overall it's great.

My main complaints are:
>30 minute episodes make the pacing feel a little rushed.
>CGI is bad, but it kind of works with the cheesy B-movie vibe.
>Army of Darkness is non-canon due to legal/rights issues.
>The infamous "camera monster" is revealed

As far as the show is concerned, Ash never went back in time, but there are still indirect throwbacks to scenes and lines from AoD. It takes the more comedic route of ED2 and AoD, but still has some legitimately spooky/gory scenes and costume design.

6 and 7 should be above 4 and 5 which are objectively the worse.

I mean come on, 6 has this scene.

First episode goat. Rest pure garbage. That mexican kike bitch would a really hairy snizz I bet.

>As far as the show is concerned, Ash never went back in time
Well, Ash never references Army of Darkness but he hasn't said something that contradicts the events of Army of Darkness. I like to think that it is canon and he simply isn't talking about it.

>First episode goat. Rest pure garbage.

You only say that becaus Raimi directed the first one, never mind episode 3 and several others are even better.

took me a second

I don't get this mindset. Episode 1 is definitely the creepiest since it had based Raimi at the helm but episodes 2, 8, 9 and 10 are better in every other way.

Perhaps. It's not yet clear how/why Ash ended up with the Necronomicon in the show.

the remake is good
better than the show imo

i mean, it's different. the remake plays it more straight, and delivers a fucking excellent horror movie. whereas the show dives heavily into the silliness and it occasionally works

>The infamous "camera monster" is revealed
That was the moment the show lost me. Evil Dead 2 is my favorite movie ever, and doing that seemed almost sacrilegious.

I thought Eligos looked good

Eligos was a prosthetic costume. They used a simple filter effect on him to give him that flickery ethereal look, which was a nice touch, but otherwise he was all practical effects.

But the end of Evil Dead 2 already showed the camera demon when Annie reads from the final passages of the Necronomicon

That's the corporeal form of it, that's not what it looks like when it's doing the "camera monster" thing.

I don't remember whatever he looked like in show, someone post pic please.

The plot itself is good, but all the characters and the dialogs are shit, they throw quips every 2 minutes.
I liked the trilogy, but yes, this show appeals 100% to the reddit audience.

I enjoyed it tho, but I won't bother watching the season 2

pure horror schlock

legit a 8/10 for me

good laughs and spooky scenes.

I mean he saw some shit and probably would want to keep that on the down low.

What's so great about it?
Undead ex-girlfriend, the bits with demon babies, and Ash's final dick move were pretty fun I guess, but there's wasn't much of Ash kicking zombie ass there, and that's what the series are supposed to be about, right?
The first two or three episodes were the best in my opinion. And the one with demon summoning.
ebin projection faggot

>forgetting ash beating the shit out of himself
come on

The best damn piece of television you've ever seen