ITT: What you learned in film school

ITT: What you learned in film school

>If your favorite movie doesn't pass the Bechdel test its just not good. Especially now when were getting hit the hardest with this new wave of feminism

That picture really confuses me, isn't she just saying women are are whores?

Shit bait
Nobody respond

You first faggot

Seen this picture since 2012 ans I still don't get it

LOL

Bitch, here is what i want you to do.

put on makeup and dress up really well so you look good.

then start asking brick walls if they want to fuck you, for every no or non-response you get, slap yourself in the face.

That's what its like to be a guy.

It looks like a quote from a show or movie but... was that actually said?

It was from a show. It's baffled the internet for years.

Vicious man

who the fuck manages to get actually slapped in the face?
I thought that only happens in the movies

Gentlemen slap bitches out of place

When I went to film I just had 6/10s trying to fuck me.

I let a 7 suck me off, she swallowed my cum and it was pretty cool

What plebschool did you go to where they taught you this?

No mainstream feminist believes the Bechdel test is a requisite for a film to be good. It's simply an observation on how women are shown in film.

How did you do it

fuck off back to red/dit9k, then livestream killing yourself

With my penis

Where does she lives? because her country sounds fucking awesome

woman has baffled the male sex for longer.

now with the Internet we can agree to stop investigating and just laugh at the madness, because if we are looking for meaning we sure as hell aren't going to find it in that kind of schizophrenic babble.

Oh boy, a thinly disguised /v9k/ thread

What's this from

The cutesy shit will get approved for the production class. Any attempt to create dreamlike atmosphere you will be advised to remove for clarity's sake. Diverse casts are necessary. Overt work in symbolism is your best friend. Eighty percent of your classmates are flakes. You will succeed only through your direct actions. You will not be allowed to touch the department cameras for at least a year if not longer. Art is to be discouraged. Plot is the most important thing. All your good ideas have been done before and usually by hacks. Directors from New York are hacks but you are to pretend you like them until you are in such a position that you can torpedo their careers. Acting is editing. Shit rises. Fight your director to earn their respect. Fight your screenwriter to check their mettle. A finished film is an averted ritualized murder.

(You)

Dear lord.

Maybe I'm better off with just doing shit on my own.

No man, you're just ugly

>bitter dropout

WHAT I LEARNED IN FILM SCHOOL IS
>WHAT I LEARNED IN FILM SCHOOL IS
>>WHAT I LEARNED IN FILM SCHOOL IS

>woman has baffled the male sex for longer.

It shouldn't, they're fucking simple to understand. They need leadership and boundaries.

Society has to be established so that they have to face consequences to their actions, be it fucking around or pretending they're smart.

>>>WHAT I LEARNED IN FILM SCHOOL IS

She reveals the secret Chads have kept hidden from betas for centuries: All you had to do was ask.

>Implying OP went to a reputable Institute of Kinography

Bechdel Test was mentioned once in my prestigious, high ranked, European Film university course. Brought up by a (male) pleb student, then roundly mocked by the (feminist) lecturer and the rest of the students. And I graduated last year, so don't hit me with the "Time's are changing" shit
InB4 Europe and Film school jokes. Sold a novel less than a year after graduating, live in 1 of the uninvaded Euro countries. Stay mad

>sold

But did it go to print?

How were the sales?

Hollywood buys shit scripts all the time, nigga you ain't hot.

>Sold a novel
Working at a bookstore, eh? Good for you

The Bechdel Test is one of the most retarded things ever. You could make a movie about women being beaten raped and murdered and portray the culprits as heroes and it could still pass if two women talk about shoes for 3 seconds.

>t. Virgins who don't speak to women

Fun fact: Allison Bechdel was making a joke with the Bechdel test. She was mocking her friends. The original comic (pic related) was friendly satire. She insists on the Bechdel test being referred to as the Bechdel-Wallace(her friend) test, or simply the Wallace test.

I am living evidence that not everyone who disagrees with you is a virgin.
What kind of moron measures a man by his fuck count, anyway?

>make a joke about how certain people judge a movie by arbitrary factors rather than actual themes/content
>fast forward 30 years
>people start using your joke to judge movies by arbitrary factors rather than actual content

why have I not killed myself yet

>Baby got back passes the bechdel test
>Alien doesn't

Is this from the extended version of "Ghost" ?

nah wised up and changed majors bruh

I've never attended film school but could you please rate my list of my favorite films?
Citizen Kane
The Rules of the Game
Battleship Potemkin

City Lights
Vertigo
Seven Samurai
The Godfather
The Passion of Joan of Arc
2001: A Space Odyssey

it's funny how feminists think the Bechdel test is an actual rule and not a literal comic book joke

Wild, which they claim is a feminist masterpiece, doesn't pass it, but something they'd probably get triggered to fuck and back by like Lesbian Vampire Hunters does

But Gravity, which was 90 minutes of sandra bullock whining in space, didn't pass the bechdel test.

It happened to me in high school a few times when I made jokes that were too lewd/edgy.

It doesn't really sound all that bad tbph... why's she so mad about that?

Sure. Go ahead and tell us your favorite films first.

I think it's the whole consent thing.

Like what if Lena Dunham just happened to be horny and on the street that day? That'd be fucking horrifying.

Decent. Mine are
1 1 Citizen Kane Welles, Orson 1941 USA 119
2 2 Vertigo Hitchcock, Alfred 1958 USA 128
3 3 2001: A Space Odyssey Kubrick, Stanley 1968 UK 139
4 4 Tokyo Story Ozu, Yasujiro 1953 Japan 134
5 5 Rules of the Game, The Renoir, Jean 1939 France 113
6 7 Godfather, The Coppola, Francis Ford 1972 USA 175
7 6 8 1/2 Fellini, Federico 1963 Italy 135
8 8 Sunrise Murnau, F.W. 1927 USA 110
9 9 Seven Samurai Kurosawa, Akira 1954 Japan 200
10 10 Searchers, The Ford, John 1956 USA 119

Is the sight and sound list? Or maybe theyshootpictures?

It's funny that some people actually think this way

Accurate

The only thing I learned from film school is that I have no future

>Sure sure no problem

Things that never happen

is it even worth going to film school

la film school seems a bit

>>shady

Why is she so fucking angry

Damn. What sucks is as an artist in general you don't have anything meaningful to say until you are 21. You must be frustrated