Can someone from Sweden help me?

Can someone from Sweden help me?

There is a game company I applied and the interviews are going fine. They asked me about salary and I am not sure how to reply. They told me salary for programmer positions are 27-32k SEK at Stockholm. Also they gave me this link

rakna.net/berakna/lon-efter-skatt/

Which calculates my salary after taxes and deductions. So 30k is about 23.5k.

Is this enough to live in Stockholm? Here is a web page for me to compare things around:

numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_cities.jsp?country1=Turkey&country2=Sweden&city1=Ankara&city2=Stockholm

It looks like just the rent will be 7.5k.

I am not sure if they told me the average is 30k after the taxes or before the taxes. It should be 30k after the taxes right? Otherwise this money is nowhere near enough to live in/near Stockholm.

Other urls found in this thread:

expatistan.com/cost-of-living/stockholm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

30k is likely before taxes, but if you're applying for a really fancy position (like director or something) then it might be after taxes.
23.5k - 7.5k for rent is plenty to live in Stockholm.

thanks, I guess you are correct. It is a programmer position.

expatistan.com/cost-of-living/stockholm

this site looks more explanatory.

Suck my cock Turkish scum

Get roommates. Preferably some hot Swedish chicks.

I might add that "plenty" might be exaggerating it, but it really depends on what kind of life you live.
If you want to live in a 2-roomer potentially for a girlfriend or wife near central Stockholm, that's quite different from living in a 1-roomer alone in the outskirts of the city.
Also obviously depending on how much you'd like to use public transport over a car, or eat dinner out every day, or buy new clothes and technology every month, etc. you might not be able to live quite adequately on that "little" money.

But my own situation for reference:
I live in a cheap one-room 42sqm apartment in central Stockholm close to a lot of things (3.4k rent), I smoke, I eat out every now and then, I spend about 800-1400kr every month on entertainment/hobbies, and... I don't even have a job.
With a budget of roughly 9,3k kr every month, even while spending it on unnecessary things like games, my hobbies, luxury (comparatively) food, and cigarettes, I still build up about 1k per month.
So with a 23k budget and even a twice as high rent you should be fine.

Why don't you finish Bannerlord before coming here?

gtfo shitskin

Yes. It's Sweden.

uh, oh. no comment.

No wife or girlfriend to take with me.

Oh, I was wrong about 7.5k rent. If it is around ~4k that would be a lot better. I tried to compare my current rent/salary to rent/salary in Stockholm and it wasn't very promising with 7.5k of rent.

I don't smoke and I cook my own meals, which also helps.

Yeah, roommates would be great but I don't know anyone there. Maybe after I move there.

:( my skin is fair though.

I bet it's slightly above a median wage. So you won't starve.

WHEN THE RELEASE DATE ARGAN

It's probably 30k before tax sounds like a normal entry salary

To rent a one bedroom in the city is closer to 10k so you have to live outside it

Welcome to Stockholm enjoy not being able to find a place to live and even if you do enjoy paying toll and rush hour traffic rolling on floor laughing my ass off

You do realise you don't have to live in stockholm to work ther? You can live outside stockholm. Take the train in, takes 10-30 mins depending on where you live.

>Oh, I was wrong about 7.5k rent.
Well you're not wrong. 3.4k is very, very cheap considering how central it is. I got extremely lucky. You can more reasonably expect around 6-8k for a room of similar size in my neighborhood.
But like others said, you don't need to live right in Stockholm to work here. I live as central as it gets, and the prices here are ridiculous. If you live in the outskirts of the city you can just commute to work while having to pay MUCH less rent.
>I tried to compare my current rent/salary to rent/salary in Stockholm and it wasn't very promising with 7.5k of rent.
Well of course it isn't promising compared to your current salary. If you're gonna move here you'd better find an apartment BEFORE moving here, and have your job guaranteed before you move. We might make more money (prior to tax of course) but everything also costs more, especially in a big city like this. You'd be better off finding work pretty much anywhere else where you can get a cheaper place to stay and without having to pay so much for everyday items.

If you are brown again you are entitled to 3 rapes without going to jail!

>t.one argentinian who isn't black enough :(

Shit the cost of living is actually cheaper than here!

Fuck it, I'm moving

i suggest that you commute with public transport dear roachfäm

27-32k/month? You'll live like a king. 27-32k/year? Don't know how you'd get by.

23.5k after tax is pretty bad considering that its in Stockholm

I've friend who lives in sthlm and works as a painter. He earns 24k after tax, and he's still just an apprentice.

Considering the housing prices in sthlm, you will probably have to live in the suburbs and commune to and from work by subway for like 2 hours every day

>bread is cheaper than soda
Absolutely unacceptable.

What kind of programming job?

All sodas have real sugar and the hormone altering substances common to american products are banned.

It's not supposed to be healthy, if it doesn't feel like you've just swallowed motor oil and your teeth are sizzling away you've never experienced the real thing.