Just go back from watching WarCraft

The critics were wrong again. Another great film.

Only promblem is they focused to much on the humans, and not enough on the orcs. Probably because there was not enough time. I hope we get to see a director's cut of this.

Overall, it was pretty accurate to the games/novels, with minor changes to suit the films needs. My only complains about that was Orgrim being a Frostwolf and Dalaran flying. Behinds that, everything was perfect.

Acting was spot on. Gul'dan was a beast. Blackhand was as well, but more respecting of the old traditions. Medivh was goat. Lothar was the best character in the film. He had such a charm to him, the way he and Khadgar acted with each other, you can tell they were good friends.

Doomhammer's betray was done well. I can't wait to see him in the next film, as Gul'dan's general to replace Blackhand.

Stormwind wasn't destroyed as I predicted, but maybe they are saving that for the next film.

3.5/5 film

how many threads are you going to make?

>how many threads are you going to make?

Make a general or STFU

This isn't plebbit.

why would shills want to confine themselves to one thread?

Fuck off Marvel shill.

I enjoyed it. My only real complaint is how fucking cheesy garona looked and some of the human/cgi mix

the humans looked fine on the practical sets, they should've built sets for ALL the human scenes

and for the sake of this movie they should've just made garona a full orc, I had to explain to my friends that she was a half orc

>I had to explain to my friends that she was a half orc

You got retarded friends. It was obvious she was a half orc.

Garona was pretty poorly portrayed both visually and acting wise.

it literally never explained that she was half orc

actually they should have made it 100% CGI including humans

>make fun of Blizzard because of their shitty lore
>watch the Warcraft movie
>mfw the lore of the games is a masterpiece compared to the simplified plot of the movie

mite b cool. I wonder how well the hulkish warcraft humans would work in a movie though

>it literally never explained that she was half orc

It was heavily implied in the first fucking scene with the Draenei

>The critics were wrong again. Another great film.

Getting tired of this meme.

no, it wasn't

You have shit taste.

>no, it wasn't

Yes it was, that's why she was slave, that's why she knew their language, that's why she looked different.

it works well in WOW cinematics, they could make all characters look exactly like in games
i mean Lothar looked like 5 years older than his son

They literally call her the halfling

>lothar thinks garnoa killed king Llane on purpose and not to prevent him from being killed by Blackhand

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

hello blizzard shill

If you feel compelled to defend this awful movie you should kill yourself without delay.

>If you feel compelled to defend this awful movie you should kill yourself without delay.

Name one thing wrong with this film. Just one.

it was rushed, especially at the end

or maybe you're just too retarded that you have to watch movies 2 times slower.

as a warcraft 3 and WoW player through MoP

can somebody pls explain to me what in the FUCK that black cube with the old lady inside was?

>Lothar was the best character in the film. He had such a charm to him, the way he and Khadgar acted with each other, you can tell they were good friends.
they only just met you moron

HAHHAHAHAHHAHH

I agree there was alot more they could of told with the orcs but my guess they did not want to push away new fans just looking at cg people talking. Having said that, the cg of durotan and orgrim is amazing. Everything even the tiny hairs on hands and arms is visible and moves in the wind.

Having played warcraft and wow, i really like this movie. Just too much focus on the humans.

It was based on a fucking video game

The dialog was painful from time to time, they somehow butchered all the important lore points from the game because movies need to be simplified and all the human actors were weak. Medivh was awfully acted and lothar was only cool because he was "Generic action guy who loses family"

Pros:
>Durotan being fucking based
>Gul'dan being fucking based
>magic actually looking and feeling like fucking magic
>absolutely fucking brutal Orc murder
>fascinating worldbuilding
>kickass Ramin noodles score

Cons:
>too much emphasis on human story
>the entire romance subplot between Garona and Lothar
>pacing was fucking everywhere
>CG tended to be a bit iffy
>loredumping
>sequelbaiting

alodi.
its pretty retconned though so theres not much backstory.

That's because the human story is based on a book that adds to the human lore which no one knew or cared about since the game revolves around the orcs until warcraft 3

Have you read the reviews? They're all over the place. I'm in my 30s and I was expecting the local guy who reviews movies who is my age to be normal in his review. He compares it to a 12 year old on redbull's nightmare. This dude seriously sounded like he was 75 reviewing his first cg movie it was a shame to read.

this finally comes out in ausfailia tomorrow. going to go during the middle of the day while everyone is at work/school so their hopefully won't be too many people

from what i've heard it does a few things different from the lore but i don't care at this point. been waiting for a warcraft movie for 10 years

Played by Glenn Close.

>been waiting for a warcraft movie for 10 years

You won't be disappointed. This film is literally a popcorn flick.

As it should be. This isn't lord of the rings.

>the entire romance subplot between Garona and Lothar

And Garona and Khadgar. And Garona and Medivh. And Garona and King Llane.

She was a whore in this film.

I can accept Garona and Medivh as they actually end up having a kid in lore. The rest was dumb.

literally who?

Fucking kek

But yeah.
I think it's implied that Medivh's actually Garona's father in this.

I Like they didn't exposition us to death and just told a story.

>The critics were wrong again. Another great film.

ManBaby tunnel vision in effect.

Shes called a fucking Half breed the first times she appears.

so i was playing hearts of iron 4 while watching this so maybe i missed some shit. but why the fuck did the wizard go evil and why did he summon the orcs?

>300 million worldwide
>most money made in China
>studio owned by Chinese company
>14 more countries to be released in
sequel confirmed

>I had to explain to my friends that she was a half orc
Your friends are retarded - its the first thing thats said in the opening scene of the movie.

She also mentions later that she is not an orc.

>can somebody pls explain to me what in the FUCK that black cube with the old lady inside was?
The cube is an Arcane Prison.

Alodi (in the old lore) was a Guardian, but an old one. But he was male - so this is likely a retcon mixing Alodi with Medihvs Mother.

I heavily agree with this.

Sadly the part of the movie being rushed can't be helped (as it is with any lore-heavy medium). There is simply too much to explain, and they already tried to shorten it by not even mentioning the Burning Legion and just waving it away as 'The Fel'.

40 minutes of footage was also cut.

Sure thing champ, straight to DVD and VOD

>He wants to fit 10+ years of game-lore into a 2hr movie

It's not like a Marvel Studios movie so it's not good

t. critics