/who/ - Doctor Who General

Stop talking about Islam and start talking about how series 10 will be SHIT edition.

Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/GirlyLetters/status/742802675780202496
youtu.be/YVwAeL6tjkA
youtube.com/watch?v=3YxaaGgTQYM
youtube.com/watch?v=E-SeaCZE2TM
youtube.com/watch?v=_YvbEucXljU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>TFW Capaldi uses a mechanical pencil like a common pleb

Mechanical pencils are the way of the future, granddad.

It's a propelling pencil you illiterate cunts

Mechanical pencils have existed since at least the 1700s, but yeah, you're totally right. They're due to become a disruptive technology anytime now.

>comedy fat man companion
At least it's something we haven't seen before...

The first patent for a refillable pencil with lead-propelling mechanism was issued to Sampson Mordan and John Isaac Hawkins in Britain in 1822.

That's the new sonic screwdriver following the budget cuts

he won't be a companion

There are extant examples of mechanical pencils that were developed before 1800 and as such your factoid is pigshit homie

Maybe he's the new Danny Splink

I'll happily see Matt Lucas doing a front flip over a robot

I do not understand you. Can you rephrase this in English, please?

I can't wait for the scene where the Doctor has to extract his sonic from the retard's colon.

What the fuck is happening

OOohhhh!

The tard from Husbands is going to become a series regular. Also Frank Cottrell-Boyce is writing another episode.

I thought that this was excellent. I really enjoyed Evelyn in this story, which is good considering I didn't really like her in The Marian Conspiracy. I thought she served more of a purpose than 'lol chocolate' here. It's also always nice to see the Brigadier.

I really enjoyed Sancreda as a monster and thought the whole idea of his race was pretty cool. Not to mention how brutal he was.

>That scene where he carries on a casual conversation after having Mrs. Moynihans dogs kill her
>he speaks calmly while you can hear them eating her corpse in the background
Fucking savage m8.

>tfw the audios are consistently better than the show has ever been

Based Moff is crashing this series with no survivors.

Gonna be GOAT

Moffat what the actual fuck

Why does everyone think he was retarded? Did I miss something?

Yes, you missed the fact that he's clearly retarded. Perhaps you should get your chromosome count checked.

>looks like a retard
>acts like a retard
That about covers it.

And you've seen nothing yet.
I felt that the next entry was pretty weak though.

FADY WILL PLAY THE GAY CHARACTER

CLASS REDEEMED

BASED PATRICK NESS

twitter.com/GirlyLetters/status/742802675780202496

>looks like a retard
>talks like a retard
>makes mumbled autistic noises

youtu.be/YVwAeL6tjkA

M8 he's retarded

So, wait, what's going on with Doctor Who? Is it airing again?

/who/ is shit now

he reminds me of that Sammi guy who made those missing episodes videos

piss off

Pic related is the new Doctor

Everyone's losing their shit

fuck off cats

Doesn't someone say this in every thread, regardless of what's being posted?

They just announced a "recurring character", possibly companion though most people don't seem to think so, played by Matt Lucas. Next ep is Christmas.

>Implying a general filled with man children watching a shitty children's show on a Lithuanian birdwatching BBS was ever good

>Implying a general filled with man children watching a shitty children's show on a Lithuanian birdwatching BBS was ever good

>American YA (Simplified text for junior readers) writer
>gay characters
>gay as fuck himself
>P Ness

OOOHHH!!

What if Lucas is just a disemodied head like Dorium? It seemed like he and Hydroflax could both survive fine without the robot body.

Also how do they do the effect for a literal talking head? Just wrap the actor in a greenscreen curtain with his face poking out the top?

The head will probably be made part of/installed into the TARDIS and will be in the entire series (TARDIS scenes only)

OH PHUCK MATT LUCAS IS THE HYBRID!!!!

>"Hello, I'm the Doctor and this is Nardole. He's a severed head".
>NARDOLE: "Hi."
>[Bill freaks out]

It writes itself.

All Series are shit, but mostly enjoyable, and there are always a episode gem or two.

Do you think Nardole's severed head will suck the Capaldick over the console?
>Always a gem
I agree. Shakespeare Code, Unicorn and the Wasp, the Lodger, Closing Time, The Caretaker...just to name a few.

>there's another Main Range in order user, and they're catching up with me

Three of us senpai, I'm the one struggling through Nekromanteia. What're you up to?

>I agree. Shakespeare Code, Unicorn and the Wasp, the Lodger, Closing Time, The Caretaker...just to name a few.
That's such a mix of genuinely good episodes and shitters that I'm not sure if you're sincerely saying they're all gems or sarcastically listing episodes you don't like.

So what's the timeline?

>Capaldi leaves Darillium
>He takes Nardole along for some reason
>River goes to the Library (cameo maybe?)
>The TARDIS lands in Bill's era

They're all written by That's Gareth!

Ah, forgot about you. Up to 11. The Apocalypse Element. I hear it's not so great, hence why I probably haven't continued listening, since the previous wasn't too good. Enjoying Big Finish though, and I've also listened to Technophobia

Of course, can't believe I missed the connection.

Oh, I have no idea about the writer. I don't usually pay attention to the writers names.
I have just googled, and it appears you are correct! These stories all have a common denominator - they're all written by a man called Gareth Roberts.

That man truly has a talent! Great episodes. Genuinely the only 10/10 stories I've seen. And they got CHRIS CHIBNALL to be showrunner? Why?

Yeah, AE is definitely a backdoor pilot for Dalek Empire rather than being too fussed about the Doctor or (especially) Evelyn. Romana's really good in it though.

Isn't Genocide Machine the start of Dalek Empire, with this being part 2, Mutant Phase part 3, and Time(?) of the Daleks being 4th?

I quite enjoyed the Genocide Machine, so was hoping this would be good. At least it has based Romana, might listen to a part or 2 tonight.

How much of the main range do you own also?

You coy motherfucker

That's Gareth!

Nah, Genesis Machine/Apocalypse Element/Mutant Phase (one for each of the Doctors they had signed at the time), Time is part of McGann and Charlie's own arc.

I've just got downloads of the first 50 cheap ones, probably need to go back and get the next batch soon.

Nice to know I'm not the only friends. I try to do one every couple of days or so.

Other Main Range user here, can confirm that's correct. I too really liked The Genocide Machine, thought it was excellent and was excited for The Apocalypse element. Kind of disappointed to hear it's shit though.

didn't that tard literally die in husbands of RS?

he got his head cut off and now lives in the stomach in a massive red robot

Big Finish says otherwise, if you sort by story arc.

I've got downloads of the first 26, got into it after the Humble Bundle with the first 8

Hm, it's been a while so I probably misremembered or confused it with another one. Didn't seem too Empire-y, though, more of a link with Evil of the Daleks than anything.

>moffat is actually bringing frank cottrell boyce back for another episode

WHY?

Why did they keep bringing Pip and Jane back in the '80s? Sometimes it's hard to find writers so you just have to settle for shit ones.

i can only guess,
maybe they come off a lot better behind close doors
maybe they expect them to get better

I thought the deal there was JNT being sick of Who and not really caring who got hired?

Maybe

I'm not surprised. Remember when he kept claiming Boyce's S8 episode was his favourite?

Just what did Capaldi do to piss off Moffat this bad.

This meme is really growing on me.

Tell me about Sharaz Jek. Why does he wear the mask?

Well /who/ is fucking dead once again. The announcement of Matt Lucas animated it for less than a day.

Phantom of the Opera reference

>mfw I just remember I stopped watching Doctor Who because of that and Moffat STILL not leafing

Thanks /who/

This, Holmes was obsessed with disfigured villains who hide underground

If Matt Lucas had hair he would've look like cover!Chris Cwej

reminds me of pic related for some reason

>tfw you will never regenerate into someone who actually goes outside instead of sitting on a korean webcomic imageboard

Will season 10 have beautiful trainwrecks that rival Kill the Moon and In the Forest of the Night?

Well FCB is writing again, so at least one.

that forehead tho

Judge Dedd.

Get it? Because /who/ is dead. Dedd = dead.

youtube.com/watch?v=3YxaaGgTQYM

youtube.com/watch?v=E-SeaCZE2TM
Wake the fuck up /who/.

Nah.

It's freaky how much Matthew Waterhouse still looks like his 18yo self.

You're right. I feel like I could bully him around even though he's a man in his 50's

Christ, I'm just imagining rerecording all his little 'ooh's and grunts in post.

Reminder that Delicate Sound of Thunder had Pink Floyd riffing the Who theme:

youtube.com/watch?v=_YvbEucXljU

>Sigh. Here they come. Block, block, block.

I feel sorta bad for Gatiss. Do you think this is in reference to people negatively responding to the news that he's writing for S10? I mean, it's bad news but he seems like a decent guy.

Oh nevermind. He posted it right after some political tweets.

Was she a contest winner or something? She was so cringy, and seemed shoehorned in. I was glad she was killed

Will they ever be back?

I just started watching Who again, and I just watched that episode tonight. Jesus Christ even with pot it sucked ass

I thought the Zygon 2-parter redeemed her somewhat but I wouldn't be upset if we never see her again

They already are, friend. Listen to some audios.

only thing she won is my heart :3

DUDE I LOVE POT!!

I'm pretty sure that in all space and time, the Doctor would find substances far more potent with fewer unwanted side effects than cannabis.

What about Spectrox? I remember that it kept the user youthful, but did it come with a euphoric kick? I don't think it did, but otherwise Caves was a clever jab at weapons and drug running by government entities in the 80's.

Any other stories involve drugs?

stoner........