Thoughts on this?

Needed more topless mermaids tbqh
8/10

Ryan Gosling was trying really hard to be a comedic actor

literally a 2/10

Future cult classic

Fuck off, shill.

I liked it.

One of my favorite movies. It would be a lot better if the plot was more coherent and less focused on coincidences. I like it more than Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.

10/10 one of the comfiest movie-going experiences of my life

It was quite good and I'm glad I paid the cinema ticket for it. Gosling is surprisingly effective as the clown and Black is the undisputed king of noir action-comedies.

Best movie I've seen this year, and considering the upcoming summer blockbuster lineup it might keep that title for a while.

Only movie I wish I hadn't paid to see in the last five years. The story was an embarrassing mess and I felt like I had to have worn a fedora to 'get' the comedy. I love comedies of all kinds but 99% of the jokes in this thing fell completely flat.
It's no surprise no one is seeing it.

pleb

Ya probably the best movie ever made in the entire history of filmmaking am I right guys. I'm totally not a shill paid to shill this here every hour either, I swear. Best movie ever, Stanley Kubrick can go kill himself because he will never make anything this good.

This. I literally paid to see it because of the word of mouth here. I've never felt so deceived, it does not deserve any of this fake ass praise. It's mediocre as fuck and would have been 100% ignored and forgotten if it didn't have RG and RC's names tacked on.

Retard

I liked it a lot and was surprised to see that it bombed at the box office.

Having seen Kiss Kiss Bang Bang soon after watching, I sort of wonder: Does Shane Black write the same characters and dynamic in everything he writes?

Retard.

I thought it subverting nearly every trope it came across was pretty cool. Made for some great jokes too.
>tfw Emilia died

Same dude and I want to add that if you didn't laugh out loud during the scene where he's trying to call his partner, but can't, because he's gasping for air, then you have no interest in movies and you should fuck off watching documentaries about making plastic utensils.

That's an exaggeration and your'e a fag for using it but that scene was fucking amazing

good flick

Solid buddy movie 3.5/5

Loved it..

right back atcha

Would have been better if Goose's daughter and the enviro-slut had a sex scene that showed everything.

>Facebook filename

>lowercase b uppercase I and G

It was good but felt 15 minutes too long and I didn't 100% understand what was going on sometimes, but that could just be my own retardation.

Retard.

Wanna see my dick?

Your own retardation, as you put it. It's explained pretty well through the movie of what's going on, and who's looking for who. Just not fully why.

>pinky promise ?
>...
>FUCK

Fags

best movie I have seen in theaters in a while. Shane Black has made one good movie and one decent movie before the nice guys
>Kiss Kiss Bang Bang 8/10
>Iron Man 3 6/10
>The Nice Guys 9/10
I look forward to seeing this director's next movie.

i liked it until it got kinda popular on Sup Forums

now i hate it, and other people seem to be hating it more, which is a good thing.

in a few years time i might even consider it underrated

This desu

The daughter was the most annoying character in a long time. What a pretentious pseudosmart cunt.

Just like you then

She was pedo bait for the old men who went to see the movies because >muh 70s. Also, having a valuable female character raises RT scores by 30%.

Well made movie with a lot of minor flaws but very few huge flaws. Feels bad that this movie lost money.

Enjoyed it thoroughly. Exactly catered to every thing I consider fun in a movie. I actually wouldn't even mind a sequal

If anyone can forge a meme out of the scene where he's ordering drinks at the mermaid party, shit would be cash.

>What'll you have?
>Nothing
>Drinks are free. What'll you have?
>mfw

Retard.

These shill threads are so fucking transparent

it was ok. most of it was kind of generic, they had just enough outlandish shit in there to make me confused about what kind of movie this was supposed to be.

having the girl sneak along and make all of the big breaks in the case was completely cringe inducing though. if they'd done it once and then had the dad take over and say "ok seriously fuck off now" then it would have been good, but instead they had to slap you with the whole "LOL THE ADULTS ARE MORONS AND THE KID IS DOING ALL OF THE WORK" bit. I mean the actress was fine, it was really just the concept

also it would have been better if there had been more grittier parts to break up the humor, had potential to be a good tarantino rip off but it falls short

7/10

Don't be deceived anons, you definitely shouldn't waste your money on this snoozefest, wait for the torrent.

Just watched the camrip, was really looking forward to this just cant be assed to pay for movie ticket or wait for bluray

Big letdown. 5/10 at best

it was alright
6/10

It started out fairly promising but with each passing minute it became so much worse. I'm honestly surprised at how overrated it is, especially here.

Great movie, which is why it bombed. Another excuse for studios to only make capeshit

I realize that scene was supposed to be hammy but I thought it was a little too.

It's like Christmas all over again.

He also wrote lethal weapon. He makes comedic buddy cop/noirs

He's one of best at it and pretty much the only person who's given budgets to make those kinds of movies anymore

I really liked it, comfy/10. Goose was actually funny imo, many hearty chuckles.

Saw it last night in an empty theatre. I liked it a lot, shit CGI aside.

It was great. I rewatched Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang afterwards. The bit where Nixon was in the pool after drunk-detective fell into it was hilarious. Javert was great as usual and I liked blue face even though he looked like the guy from No Country for Old Men. It also cemented Arbiter as being kinda like Billy Dee Williams for me.

Where was the cgi?

Could've been an 8, but the humor was lazy at points. Not much point to watching it besides a fun 2 hours, then you just kind of forget it. 7/10

This

you son of a bitch . . . .

I fuckin' love it!

Great. Probably the best comedy of the year.

>trying
>doubting the almighty goose

I agree

Uh.... No

Youre both sad

kek I love how at that point his daughter yelled at him to stop drinking so much and he does manage to avoid his vice but as soon as the drink is free, mfw

Yea that was not really THAT funny dude

>tarantino
>no
This is Shane Black motherfucker. Please don't suggest that Tarantino is higher tier because muh gory violence

sadly true

Never fucking reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread.

It was That funny to me... ;(

Well youre easy to please i guess. No offense at all here im genuinely curious, but do you like the big bang theory?

>Uh.... No
What did I miss?

nein

A Comfy Action Movie. Worth the watch.

I felt the same way

Please don't waste your money on this. Hollywood needs to make more original movies, but not formulaic cliche-fests with terrible dialogue and twenty year outdated senses of humor.
The shills are in full force here, don't be fooled.

> major hollywood production with a-list actors
> a budget of millions
> BAUHAUS 93 IS THE FONT ON THE POSTER

AAARRARARARARARAAAHGAHAHA

it's not supposed to be a side splitter. most of the humor is low key and character driven in order to balance the semi seriousness of the mood. kiss kiss bang bang did it better

ITS INHERENT VICE CROSSED WITH LA CONFIDENTIAL

ON EXTREME AUTISM

STILL ONE OF THE BETTER MOVIES OF THE YEAR, BECAUSE 2016 IS SUCH A WASTELAND OF GARBAGE

>it's not supposed to be a side splitter. most of the humor is low key

Ah, low key not funny humor. My favorite.

I personally laughed out loud a handful of times. Others were lighter "Ah, that's clever," type laughs but ultimately I enjoyed it. I think I gave it a 4/5 on letterboxd.