“It’s not a different kind of success story, it’s a global success story,”

>“It has to do with the globalization of the theatrical business and the fact that international markets are getting stronger and stronger.”

So execs are clearly quite happy with the numbers which is good news for those of us hoping for more. Fucking yes

>The video game adaptation, based on the worldwide-bestselling series of the same name, has now grossed more across its first five days of release than films like Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($125.4 million) and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice ($95.8 million) grossed in the territory across their entire runs.

>expected to premiere in an additional 14 territories globally over the next two months, including Australia, Venezuela, Mexico, and New Zealand next week.

Even more territories to debut in? Already at worldwide cume of $304.6M? We may have a sequel on our hands boys. Personally i felt the film was a great escape of reality. I excited for more of this world.

ew.com/article/2016/06/13/warcraft-breaks-box-office-record-china

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/franchises/chart/?id=legendary.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The studios get a far smaller % of the gross from overseas, especially so for China. If a film needs to make 2x to break even in the US it needs to make ~6x from China.

people will laugh at this, but this movie was the best vidya adaptation ever. Duncan makes grate films

It's Legendary Pictures though so they're helped by being owned by the Chinese.

And here's this guy

stop this meme and do research on the studio before spouting dipshit

shit i liked it bro so im hype

Because of Legendary being owned by Wanda Groups, they actually make 55% in China (which is also the highest ever for a foreign movie)

>but this movie was the best vidya adaptation ever.

This is what people can't wrap their minds around. It was always considered a good laugh for a reviewer or public to laugh a video game movies.

Anyone else think it's kind of good they didn't get big name actors except for maybe Ben Foster and Travis Fimmel as they'll all be able to afford them to come back for a sequel?

So basically international audiences are fucking retarded

ben's character is dead tho?

>how dare ppl like what i dont

If international you mean 'murika, than yes.

He'll be back if they make a WCIII adaptation, and maybe even a cameo after the credits of the second one.

get some fucking taste, kiddo
or don't and head back to Sup Forums

I saw it and expected shit.
It was decent. I probably won't buy the bluray but it was worth watching.

I just saw it and it definately wasn't as bad as critics made it out to be, but I understand why people unfamiliar with Blizzard and their deadpan serious style of writing wouldn't like it. It felt like a 2 hour long cinematic trailer for one of WoW's patches, it was all talking and action but no humor or anything really memorable. A lot of people when they talk about Marvel movies are the jokes, Warcraft had only one joke with polymorph but it wasn't something people who didn't play WoW would understand.

It also doesn't help that it doesn't follow the game's canon at all. Holy shit there are so many inconsistencies and changes I don't understand how the second movie is going to work. Gul'dan was amazing though.

This guy again welcome back

I'll buy the BD if they do a director's cut.

>it looks like it'll be lucky to crack 400m
>executives are positive

executives are always positive when their position is at it's most precarious. For if they said "OH GOD SHITS IS FUCKED ABANDON SHIP" their investors would flee like rats from a sinking ship.

In 10 threads, people will say that warcraft has to make at least 2billion domestically to just pay for the marketing

>implying investors listen to PR and not research revenues on their own.

VIDYAKINO BEGINS

This is completely and utterly wrong.

I wonder if this will be one of the only decently profitable movies Legendary has made. I mean other than the Dark Knight what else made them mad cash?

>investors
>research on their own

If investors did their own research, there wouldn't be investors.

W H O C A R E S
H
O
C
A
R
E
S

I wonder how this movie's budget is only 160M when absolute shits like TDKR managed to blow 250M. CGI looked mostly gorgeous except for some specific shots.

I could post the webm's that everyone posts, but really, only reddit trolls like this movie. Yet, we're gonna see "PUREKINO" for months because the fucking Chinese eat this shit up.

I'm actually happy
It's much better than capeshit

Inception, Jurassic World, The Hangover, and 300 just to name a few. They're the biggest of the small studios in Hollywood at this point at the cusp of becoming a major motion picture studio.

boxofficemojo.com/franchises/chart/?id=legendary.htm

TDKR had a lot of on location shooting, warcraft had the benefit of being shot largely on sound stages. Also the actors had nowhere near the costs of TDKR, along with the director's and writer's fees that went with that bloat budget too.

They all the money in the world to just brake even

>people will laugh at this, but this movie was the best vidya adaptation ever.

The bar wasn't exactly set very high.

The film wasn't great, but I kinda want more. I just enjoyed myself a lot at the cinema with my friends that I've played blizz games with for 15+ years.

Nope, Angry Birds was better.

Yeah I've been complaining about a lot of the problems the film has, but I still want more.
Huge warcraft rts fan and the story of those games, so the differences bothers me.

I want motherfucking Grommash.

also they only CGI'd one orc, then copypasted and tweaked it slighly to make the "armies." and they clearly didn't give a FUCK about any aspect of the live action segments.

This is why the only box office that counts is the American one.

>Well received in every country but the US.
>Every other country but the US must be retarded.

You can't be this autistic.

Nobody gives a fuck that it made 500 million ching chong republic credits.

>Well received

that's pretty goddamn arguable. down to 6m from tuesday. From china.

Actually they made 34 different orcs and copy pasted them

Hes in it he captures Lothar's son. They cut his speaking parts though :(

I know he's in it, Kargath and Kilrogg are too. But I want more dammit.

The international markets are only getting bigger, while the US is shrinking.
This is a franchise with growth potential, and at this point i really don't think they give a shit about the domestic numbers

Why are domestic numbers so small anyhow? Is it just this movie?

I think Warcraft is associated with something negative for people who have heard of it, but don't don't play it in the US and western countries, which may not be the case in china.

This. The average US cunt soccer mom will probably be more likely to take her kids to see Civil Wars by fear they would get addicted to video games watching Warcraft.

No, they made one orc. The one who ended up as garrosh. Hence why garrosh looks better than any other orc. They created the rest via minor tweaks of the garrosh orc. Hence the reason durotan looks fucking stupid.

Fuck off with this meme. If anything, most of Sup Forums agrees that, for what it is, it's a fun movie worth watching. It's not a masterpiece, but definitely nowhere near as bad as the critics are claiming. Just because people like something you don't doesn't make it reddit tier.

>mfw the generic female Orc with the undercut

Just like WB was happy with the box office.
Then a totally unrelated WB restructuration, Cyborg movie cancellation, Flash director bail out, Suicide Squad reshoots, and Aquaman script getting rewritten completely happened.

And it's still is considered laughable.
This flick was simply horrible.

Might have something to do with the fact that only a bunch of fat nerds knew this joint existed.