San Antonio Sports

I'm gonna be moving to San Antonio soon. Anyone that lives there give me a run down on their fans for the different sporting events?

self-bump

It's a basketball city. The Spurs are the only team that matters.

Chalupa eating

Basketball, Whataburger Competitive Eating and Murder are the most popular sports in San Antonio.

Actual Alamo City resident here, the only team most people care for is the Spurs, which is cool because they're always title contenders. As far as soccer goes I watch La Liga, Mexican Liga MX and PL. But people like me are in the minority since American football fans have a monopoly on all the good soccer fields in the city.

>murder
You're a dumbfuck.

Thanks man. Where is good to watch games?

Go Spurs, go!

>got triggered by a word
wewlad

Fuck off we're full

If you want to watch soccer then the closest MLS team is Houston Dynamo, to the East

South Side here. The city is pretty much exclusive property of the Spurs. UTSA Roadrunners are trying very hard to be relevant in CFB, usually without success.

Univision is included in basic cable and covers all the divegrass you could ever want.

Handegg is about 50% Cowboys, 30% Texans, 10% Raiders and 10% everyone else. Yes, Raiders.

T-there's a lotta spics, spaghetti man.

What's weird to me is San Antonio used to be an Astros town until the Rangers took off. Also even though there's UT only an hour away, SA is more of an A&M town due to their agricultural background. If you want to watch PL games check out the British pubs, loads of fan clubs get together to watch the fish and chips league. Arsenal have the Alamo City gunners (I think the biggest club in the city) and there's a big Liverpool support too... Lol we like to meme in the Alamo.

>spurs

end of list

>missed out on the Duncan era

And OP missed out in fellow country man, marco belinelli's based spicey meatball era

Which pubs? And how can I get hooked up with the Liverpool supporters?

Also most of the apartments I have been looking up have been in the north/northwest of the city. Any areas I should stay away from?

You're good in the north side. Here's the Liverpool fan site
twitter.com/lfcsanantonio
Have fun in SA, bro

Sweet, thanks man.

North side of the city is good, the further up north the better even if its a bit more expensive. Avoid the West and East side of San Antonio. A lot of poor, poorly educated Hispanics on the West side and poor, poorly educated Blacks on the East side. It's very boring in the South side of town where usually a lot of poor Whites live but the houses there have huge yards. This is just generally speaking btw.

Far west side here, don't go to the south or east and southwest side, full of spics who are hot shit and all talk. North side is where you want to be. But regarding your sport thing, people like the cowboys here, and/or the redskins. But the Spurs is the heart of sports here.

SA greater area resident between SA city limits and Boerne city limits here. For the most part, people here only give a shit about the Spurs. We have a minor league baseball team I occasionally go to see, the Missions, but the stadium is only ever half full.

>south side
>white
South side are the barrios. My experience with side has been more lower middle that straight up poor. You nailed east side right on the head though. North side is the higher end part of the city, and aside from Stone Oak, people are generally pretty chill. People around Stone Oak are assholes though.