Do people really consider this better than The Avengers? It's not even better than The Winter Soldier

Do people really consider this better than The Avengers? It's not even better than The Winter Soldier.

Focusing the entire franchise around characters that were already badly written in the 70s was a bigger mistake than binding them together with Shield.

I mean wb is going to kill capeshit dead anyways but they hamstrung themselves with this.

It's not better, but it's cooler

1.jpg

Give this man a cookie.

I still don't understand this meme of The Avengers being a great film. Maybe a feat in terms of being an accumulation of universe building but the story is pretty weak and there weren't many moments that wowed me - though I can understand why kids would enjoy it immensely.

It was better than Avengers. Civil War was better though.

This, the movie aged badly.
Civil War is much better.

it was only four years you stupid fuck

You should rephrase that OP, because it almost sounds like you're saying Avengers is better than Winter Soldier

i genuinely havent seen any superpowers movies except for one of the batman ones with christian bale in it like 10 years ago

I do consider CW way better than Avengers
and on par with Winter Soldier

Best part was equilibrium between characters. With one little exception of Ant-Man I knew exactly what every main character in this movie wants and why does he or she do it.

Also last fight was way better than airport fight.

Liked X-Men: Apocalypse better than both tbqh

I thought XM:A was crap, but hey, these are just opinions, right?

Ok you want a cookie?

best characterization, acting and action of the series, so yes

>characterization
it's a movie about superheros lol

>Batman
>superpowers
Okay?

Winter Solider, Civil War, Avengers, Avengers 2

In that order

why stop there?

top: Winter Soldier, Civil War, Avengers, Guardians
mid: Iron Man, Ant-Man, Iron Man 3 (yes, I said that), Cap 1, Thor, Avengers 2
low: Iron Man 2, Thor: DW

Civil war has better characters with more compelling motivation, action slouch better it's not even funny, a d an emotionally charged third act that is light years ahead of The Avengers's faceless alien army and nonexistent final battle with Loki

>top: Avengers
>mid: Iron Man

What pissed me off about this movie is that it doesn't even feel like they ar fighting for real. At least Winter Soldier had a more serious pacing.

I really think that usually people put Iron Man in top tier because of nostalgia
the same with Avengers btw
yeah it was fun and good movie, but not top tier

what the fuck was avengers about again?

about not being individualistic douchebag and working together for the greater good
and in memory of Phil

No it's not better than The Winter Soldier, but it IS better than the Avengers.

Because they weren't. They didn't want to hurt each other.

That just makes it worse

you didn't watch that movie, did you?

There's no such thing as a good MCU film.

these movies are almost indistinguishable for one another and honestly we shouldn't even be watching them unless you have a very young son

Avengers is a decent superhero movie. Iron man was a great MOVIE, period. It had passion, vision, and it was made before the MCU was really a thing, meaning there wasn't the mindset of "how much money can we make off of this?" The whole thing was practically a big indie movie.

Were you blind in the first 30 minutes of the movie?

Winter Soldier was better than avengers

This one is about on par with WS, does some things better and some worse.