/ffg/ - Fantasy Football General

/ffg/ - Fantasy Football General

>going all in on a rookie RB because everything you've ever learned playing fantasy football doesn't matter Edition

**SPECIFY SCORING (and league size when relevant)***

im prepared to get dead last

Is Melvin Gordon worth more now that Oliver is dead or is Gordon going to die too?

this is good if it's any kind of ppr

h-how many teams?
Julio, Landry, and Keenan Allen is a really solid WR corps and I'm high on Hyde so if it's like a 12+ man that's not bad looking

10 team standard.

I wanted to reach a lot this year that's why you see sterling,, jordan and tajae

Yea it's a little bad for a 10 man, but you have a lot of picks that could break out so you might get lucky.
Just stay on top of waivers and you should at least make the playoffs.

Is it just me or do RBs seem to be worth a lot less top to bottom this year over WRs?

>tfw no IRL friends to play fantasy with
>instead have to try to find people on Reddit to join a league with
>whenever i play fantasy i complete obsess over it day and night with player pickups, trades, reading forums, etc
>feel like i shouldn't play because of how obsessed i get over it, but if i dont play then i dont know shit about the nfl

hmmmm

Is it possible to use custom rankings in an ESPN mock draft?

I play almost exclusively in leagues with online 'friends' from communities I'm part of nowdays. IRL is kind of shit desu, always small leagues and at least 3-5 people either don't have a clue what they're doing or don't give a fuck and only sporadically set their lineups, or worse... stop doing anything after they get blown out the first 3 weeks in a row.
There's literally no fun in playing in an 8 team league where only 5 people are active and 2 of those 5are dumb.

If there is, I couldn't find it.
I was pretty pissed because I had made my custom rankings but had no way of testing them in a mock draft so I ended up winging it.

I don't like Chris Ivory. Coaches have said that its gonna be a 50-50 timeshare with Yeldon.

Love Sterling, though.

I play in an IRL 10-team league where I only actually know two people (uncle & cousin–rest are uncle's friends otherwise unknown to me), and it's been fun for its first two seasons. We've had one inactive person each year and that's it.

Yeah, I get that. I hear a lot of horror stories about IRL leagues people play with friends or family where half the league doesn't know what they're doing and how conflicts arise because of it.

But I just feel like it would be so much more fun to play in a league with friends where you can meet up at someone's house on Sundays and watch the games while following fantasy, or stuff like that

Sigh...

Love your WR bench. Marvin Jones, Funchess and Sharpe look very likely to become #1 receivers.

Might be worth trading some of your top tier receiver talent for some better RB depth since it's standard.

Had a 10 man that was pretty good for a while but ended up dying after the first season.
An 8 man that's really a 6 man that I'm obligated to stay in because it's my closest friends
And an 8 man that was pretty good until, ironically, we added 2 people and made it a 10 man. Instantly went to shit for some reason.

Consider yourself lucky if you can get a decently large irl league that stays consistently active and good.
I've always wanted to do an offline draft party. RipIP.

Fuck, that's what I was afraid of.

Don't worry too much. This was the first year I actually did pre-ranking and it ended up being much better than I anticipated. Guess I didn't realize just how much of a pain in the ass it was to dig through ESPN's shitty standard rankings to find the players I wanted each round.
Legitimately the first time I didn't feel rushed on a single pick.

Did you really go through and pre-rank a couple hundred players?

are you guys doing a Sup Forums fantasy league?

This. Need an Sup Forums league

Well, we dropped two of the shittier players this year, including the inactive guy from last year, and added two new guys, so we'll see how it goes. I consider myself lucky with it so far, though. My uncle is a pretty good league manager, if nothing else.

Unfortunately, since a lot of my uncle's friends now live in different states, we don't draft in person, and we never actually meet-up. I see my uncle and cousin and talk to them about it throughout the season, but that's it.

I do kind of wish that I could play in a league with a league trophy, draft day parties, and a punishment for last place, though. That would be the dream.

I'm in m8 we need 10 more players

Post those teams niggers I want to judge you all based on a fake game based on real numbers

r8 my starters, 12 man league non ppr

I did about 250 (16 team league though)
Their ranking page leaves a bit to be desired but it didn't take long once I got the hang of the drag drop since I was just going off my own spreadsheet and repositioning their list how I wanted it.
Would have loved the ability to import/export via csv or something, but w/e.

I know that feel. I almost managed to get a league like that set up my first year out of college, but between graduation and football season it collapsed because a few of the people involved moved for jobs.

Drew Brees
David Johnson
C.J. Anderson
DeMarco Murray
Giovani Bernard
Ameer Abdullah
Dion Lewis
Alshon Jeffery
T.Y. Hilton
Eric Decker
Kelvin Benjamin
John Brown
Rob Gronkowski
Justin Tucker
Denver Broncos

>pls no bully

Not bad on paper but you have a few guys that could go either way.
Hyde, Gordon, Crabtree, and Cooks could all have down seasons just based on their situations.

I feel you, I also have brandon marshall on my bench, but I don't know if he isn't in the same boat as those 4

size and scoring nigga, can't tell you shit without that info.
looks good for a 12 man, decent enough for a 10

Do you guys have any active organized leagues in here?

I'm avoiding to join those scheduled leagues at NFL.com because people tend to abandon the team 2~3 weeks into the season.

not yet but we can start one

8 man half ppr...

am i fucked?

Yea I'd say he is. He should do pretty well, but he is old as fuck now so if he gets injured or something he could be out for a while.
Saw him on the injury report today with a sore hip and all I could think was "fucking old man..."

who was your first round pick?

My roommate is in too. Need 9 more players then wew boy

not terrible but I personally worry about hyde in kelly's offense and gordon because of >gordon rest is solid though
Those rb's other than johnson are really shaky should be able to get good production from the receivers though

Nice. My best day for a draft is next Sunday.

david johnson

That's just stupidly set up. With a league that small and with the the half PPR it'll end up being more luck based than anything.

I'm in. Is it on ESPN?

we need 8 more now

(myself)

I can also invite my brother in law, so I guess we need 8 more people?

in an 8 man league you took david johnson in the first round...good god man

wew lad.
Looking over it again, you're probably going to do shitty at the start of the season, but hopefully if you can limp into the playoffs you'll have a shot. Just hope Kelvin Benjamin returns to his old form, Alshon stays healthy, and John Brown stays unconcussed until then.
Keep your eye on waivers.

7 more also we need the guy who'll run the league

fuggg

One of you guys should go ahead and set it up with who you have now and then periodically post the link in here to fill it up.
It will be much easier that way instead of trying to keep up with user posters until you have a full league.

This. Anyone want to set it up? I would but, I am on mobile.

It could be me, no problem.

As for the draft time, I'd suggest next Sunday, around 20h EST.

actually I take that back, if you were picking 8th, david johnson is a decent pick, I hope it wasn't anytime before that though D:

My fantasy football draft is tonight.

Who do you recommend for QB?

Rodgers, Newton, Brees, or Luck?

5th...

should i just sudoku now?

ehh.. DJ is #4 on my PPR board and #5 on my Standard board so anything after that is acceptable.

Got to go to church now (wife is at the door waiting already), but I'll create the league once I come back then.

depends where you're picking in the first round ofcourse

I would stay away from luck though

12 team ESPN standard scoring
11th pick

yup do it bro

Ok here's a team I just drafted today 10 man ppr

Blake Bortles
Adrian Peterson
Carlos Hyde
Sammy Watkins
Brandin Cooks
Rob Gronkowski
Emmanuel Sanders
Bengals
Blair Walsh

Larry fitzgerald
Melvin Gordon
Rashad Jennings
Tyler Eifert
Allen Hurns
Chris Hogan
Justin Forsett

not feeling great lads

damn, you kind of got boned on your starting running backs

> Bortles

10 or 12 man? Or 16 with groups? You guys decide it.

I'll create it non-PPR, standard scoring.

it's not bad, would probably consider hurns or fitz over sammy watkins though, especially in ppr

Reposting from last thread for feedback:

>Just drafted. 8-team league (I know, it sucks). Two QB's. I had the last pick.

>How'd I do?

>The only pick I'm regretting right now is TY. I'm not sure about him, and I think I could have done better but I rushed it.

12 man

12 since we've got a week. Standard scoring is good

eesh thats kinda rough user Ingram,Landry,and Fleener are 2 spooky for me

took him with like my 14th pick,not married to him either theres plenty on waiver wire
yeah I was thinking that too,that's why I grabbed a few to give myself some options week to week

I never played a 2qb league so maybe I'm unfamiliar but drafting 2 qb's in the top 57 picks is something I generally wouldn't do and I especially wouldn't carry 3 but like I said 2 qb leagues are a bit of a mystery to me so take it all with a grain of salt. bretty gud tho

Where is Tom Brady being drafted in ESPN 10-team standard?

How'd I do? 8 man league standard scoring.

Aaron Rodgers
David Johnson
Danny Woodhead
Julio Jones
Alshon Jeffrey
Zach Ertz
TY Hilton
Rams D/ST
Adam Vinatieri

Doug Baldwin
Michael Floyd
Frank Gore
Rashad Jennings
Allen Hurns
Jimmy Graham
Chris Ivory

went 75 overall in my league today

feel like you could have done better for an 8 man league

not a huge fan of woodhead jeffery or ertz also you have 0 rb depth

I'll get in on that too

Any advice of what I can do to improve? This was my first year not doing autodraft.

Amazed you'd get Julio Jones and David Johnson both, can't see how DJ can fall that low into the 2nd round

Got the 10th pick in a 10 team standard league. In all my mocks I have the choice between Hyde and Rawls in rounds 3/4, which one do you guys like more?

Rate my team pls, 10 man league

Luck
J.Stewart
L.Murray
A.Robinson
A.Cooper
J.Thomas
D.Baldwin
B.McManus
Raiders defense

L.Blount
S.Ware
Marvin Jones
Moncrief
E.Sanders
S.Shepard
J.Cook

I don't trust L.Murray too much. I like Lacy but I don't know if he's a great idea for a trade.

You didn't have a bad draft, and like the other user said it really comes down to woodhead, jeffrey and ertz

woodhead - in standard scoring I tend to stay away from running backs who aren't the bell cow, woodhead did put up good numbers last season but I'm not sold on the situation

jeffrey - the injury risk worries me and the potential emergence of white is something to watch, it isn't a bad pick and he can have a solid season, but his injuries last season kept me from picking him

ertz - the whole eagles situation poisoned the well for me on eagles players this year

Don't know if you did or not but never take quarterbacks early,its easier to get a big numbers qb than it is say a rb. Target rb's who won't split carries as much earlier. Because receivers are a little bit more accessible later

i did that with my friends at university we would all go to one guys house because he had red zone and talk shit irl it was some good times desu idk how much ill care about fantasy this year though without that aspect of it

tough call, seems to be the hyde will be the number 1 back, where as rawls hasn't claimed that spot?

That's absolute garbage for a 10-team league...hell that's pretty bad for a 12-team league

16 man standard scoring, had 13th pick.

Marcus Mariota
Charles Sims
Duke Johnson
Brandon Marshall
Sammy Watkins
Donte Moncrief
Jared Cook
Redskins D/ST
Dan Bailey

Teddy Bridgewater
DeAndre Washington
Kenneth Dixon
Tyler Lockett
Charles Clay
Matt Prater
Jaguars D/ST

RBs look weak I think, hopefully one of the rookies breaks out, although I know Dixon's knee got BTFO.

not bad, I think deandre washington will put up points

Stewart will have some GL touches taken away by cam again, every raider fan says to stay away from murray of some of the younger guys eating into his carries, cooper is solid enough as is robinson, thomas will prob not be starting for you later in the season imo there'll be better options on waivers probably, sanders and baldwin are a good flex combo option. overall not bad

On NFL.com, right? I don't even have an account in Yahoo or ESPN.

yea, should have stayed away from murray

Yeah, being the last pick (something I'm not used to), I got baited a bit into taking Palmer kind of early because I didn't know who'd be left my next pick.

eagerly waiting leagues to join

running backs are very weak,watkins and moncrief both have potential to disappear a week after putting up 150 and 2 td's, cook is meh, mariota I expect won't have many throwing td's seeing as how the red zone will belong to murray and henry.

Yeah, NFL.com preferred, never used the other sites.

It's understandable and they are important since especially in your league they'll be doing the bulk of the scoring but the difference is made by the rest of the roster because generally the top 12-16 qb's put up similar enough numbers to sort of negate each other

this is a great team, no idea why people are saying it's just average

>CJ Anderson
>the rest of your RB's

I think Alshon is a little overrated, but you need him to be a beast to have a chance. I think Kelvin Benjamin will be a steal though.

I like the Brees pick, as long as you didn't take him too early. And same with Gronk, of course.

Also, I wouldn't keep Dion Lewis ("out indefinitely") on your bench yet. That's a waste of a spot.

Julio+Keenan is a fantastic pair

You have a good amount of WR depth. You should see if you can use landry or some of the bench guys to steal a good RB in a trade.

It has good potential upside and is big on WR, but the RBs are average, Stafford/Osweiler is a pretty weak QB combo, and only Julius Thomas at TE could be pretty lax too. I wouldn't be confident in consistency with this team.

What do you guys think of Jameis as your starting QB in a league where pass TD's are 4 pts? I find I can get him reliably in round 11 and he has good weapons on offense. Plus he will get a few rushing TD's too

Does anyone have any decent names for teams?
All I could come up with was marvin harrisons pawn shop(it broke the character limit) and make the AFL great again