/hor/ - recommendations/new-releases/discussion - She Likes You Edition

Welcome to /hor/: A weekly horror discussion and recommendation thread with a focus on informing Sup Forums of lesser known yet well-regarded horror gems and potentially good new releases available via torrents.

For upcoming releases, check out: upcominghorrormovies.com/

For new horror-only trailers, both indie and mainstream, these are good channels to bookmark:
youtube.com/user/HorrorTrailerAddict/videos
youtube.com/user/sneakpeakandfake/videos

Weekly horror release and festival reviews can be found at aintitcool.com. Search for "AICN Horror"

Sites devoted to horror news that would be a good addition to your RSS feed:
dreadcentral.com/
horror-movies.ca/
bloody-disgusting.com/

This week, we have a few upcoming films that might be of interest:

>DEAD WITHIN: Six months after the outbreak, a man and woman have survived by isolating themselves in a remote cabin. Starved for resources, they must confront the horrors that threaten them from outside and from within.

youtube.com/watch?v=UrNS66gUFhA

>AT THE DEVIL'S DOOR: Leigh (Catalina Sandino Moreno) is a real estate agent struggling to rise to the top of her profession. She's asked to sell a house that happens to have a sinister past, only for her to run into the runaway daughter of the home owners. Leigh wants to help her, but in so doing she gets entangled in a series of supernatural occurrences that put Leigh's immortal soul at risk.

youtube.com/watch?v=KtB9WZLmDGI

We have early news of a new high-profile found footage film coming up

>The film is said to be in the vein of I Know What You Did Last Summer but with a found-footage element.

bloody-disgusting.com/news/3300150/new-line-acquires-found-footage-superstition/

Finally, this week saw the VOD release of BENEATH, a horror film about miners. However, there is no torrent of this as of yet. Here's the trailer to remind readers:

youtube.com/watch?v=1I4RAzl6Yjw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JLVUlb7fpF8
youtube.com/watch?v=c6ZH590AVSw
youtube.com/watch?v=cKF1zowIBkk&list=PLKsu-m0_3gF5bBfFILZneMVWCo0eRNvb5
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What are you watching senpai?

Currently watching Sinister. It's pretty fucking creepy

Shit movie senpai. Nice trips though

Same to you.

Did you really not like it?? I'm fucking spooked. Had to take a break on Sup Forums for a bit

>tfw get scared easily
;_;

>Had to take a break on Sup Forums for a bit
Me and my gf tried to watch it while stoned and the scene with the car being set on fire sent us into a really big bad trip, we stopped watching there. Fucking creepy shit

I'll watch it with you and we can perhaps cuddle like bros if you get nervous.

this genre sucks as a whole because of how fucking stupid the characters are

name ONE fucking horror film in which the characters don't die from being fucking retarded

The Thing comes to mind.

God, I wish I was you. Nothing scares me. It's awful. I still love horror though

The Wicker Man
Alien
Cabin in the Woods

Mainstream horror is dead. Conjuring 2 confirmed it.

yeah the super 8 parts of it were really fucking creepy. The Boogeyman used to scare the shit out of me as a kid as well

wouldn't mind cuddling as long as no gay shit desu

I would fuck it
The guy was a freaking cry baby for crying out loud

How so? Conjuring one was pretty damn good.

Hellraiser 1 and 2.

I don't really get scared that easily but I just want more dank movies like

that john carpenter trilogy
dagon
event horizon
hellraiser 2 (that dimension that the box leads to is dope)
the ninth gate (least similar to the others obviously, but i liked the contrast between larger than life concepts like the devil and more realistic stuff like a guy searching for a book, also the information about the book that was revealed through the movie was interesting)

doesn't even really have to be horror, but so far all of these movies that i've enjoyed the most seem to kind of fall into that category (or maybe thriller would be better, don't know shit about horror)

help me out senpaitachi

I don't get scared either. More annoyed, especially regarding jumpscares; when you know a jumpscare is coming, you know exactly what's going to happen and when...and you still jump because it's instinct to jump at a sudden loud noise.

Yeah, but it wasn't though, was it?

Haven't seen the second but the first was good.

Yeah he was being a bitch. She had a cute bush and gave him head and everything

>the german autist finally comes back to Sup Forums

remember to not bump these shit threads created by the spamming faggot

Looks like your average Western woman after a Friday night full of partying. Slipped a bit on the toilet and fell right into a nice pile of poo. It gets spread all over her nose and voila, selfie time!

>/hor/

just call it /horror/ you autistic fucking weasel

>tfw no succubus harpy gf
I fuck the shit out of that fämaläm, cuckboi couldn't handle a strong female and broke his ankle.

I wonder what would have happened if pussy-boi had just fucked her without his friends getting in the way.

I'll go ahead and post my list. I'll probably think of double this after I post but here goes. mainly ones any horror fan has seen but for the new people joining.

A I'interieur
Kill List
Timecrimes
Pontypool
Resolution
The Loved Ones
Behind The Mask, The Rise Of Leslie Vernon
Frozen
Thankskilling
Tucker And Sale VS Evil
Ginger Snaps
Wer
Late Phases
Stake Land
Housebound
A Lonely Place To Die
The Ghost and the Darkness
The Edge
Absentia
Grabbers
Bubba Ho-Tep
Detention
Cold Prey(also known as Fritte vilt)
Livide
American Mary
Lovely Molly
Altered
Dog Soldiers
Rec

I'm having a hard time finding anything that lives up to the first three quarters of this.

Can anyone recommend any horror movies with good stories? (90's and later)
Not necessarily scary, since it's so very subjective, but things that are interesting.

At the devil's door was devil awful. 1/5 if I'm being generous.

What do you dislike/think is objectively bad about the rest?

see
Timecrimes - dont read anything about it. don't watch any trailer. don't look into cover art. just go in blind

Behind The Mask, The Rise Of Leslie Vernon - mockumentary that follows the "next big serial killer" like Jason or Freddy. If you are familiar with horror movie tropes it will be very nice.

Ginger Snaps - the story might not stand out, but it is probably my favorite werewolf movie.

Late Phases - blind vet gets put into retirement community. His neighbor dies violently the first night to a werewolf. He has until the next full moon to find out who the werewolf is/prepare because no one will believe him

Stake Land - vampire movie that isn't really fucking lame. It's easily one of my favorite vampire movies. Nick Damici is criminally underrated.

The Ghost and the Darkness - based off true story(more so than most horror) about two killer lions in africa.

Altered - dude's sister gets abducted by aliens when he is young. 20 years later after hunting every night he finally finds an alien and abducts it.

horror comedy below

Grabbers - alien invasion of bloodsucking creatures. they are toxic to alcohol. to combat the invasion the main characters have to stay wasted.

Bubba Ho-Tep - elvis impersonator and black JFK have to save a retirement community from a mummy.

Detention - movie doesn't give a fuck about anything. I've never seen a movie give less of a fuck and remain entertaining and somewhat coherent.
youtube.com/watch?v=JLVUlb7fpF8
youtube.com/watch?v=c6ZH590AVSw

I've seen some of these, will have to check out the others, cheers user.

Guten morgen!

I have a serious question. Are horror movies only good drunk/high? Haven't been truly scared by a horror movie since I was a kid, but watching Creep one night while a little stoned was the scariest experience of my life. Is that what you guys do all the fucking time?

>inb4 DUDE WEED LMAO

the witch

Bah

youtube.com/watch?v=cKF1zowIBkk&list=PLKsu-m0_3gF5bBfFILZneMVWCo0eRNvb5

tfw im watching everything in this playlist in order

moderation is dogshit, literal dogshit and new