In my culture I would be well within my right to dismember you

In my culture I would be well within my right to dismember you

I am leaving. -You- are about to explode.

>tfw Daniel Jackson peacefully explores some alien poontang

I WOKE UP THIS MORNING WITH THE SUNDOWN, SHINING IN

what about shooting up nightclubs for pederasts?

Well, Jafa = Muslims.

>If we are caught, you will be brought before Apophis along with us.
>We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
>No. The bridge is too well guarded.

Someone post the MS Paint comparison pic with the roided out Daniel.

WE

WE

Why the fuck did he grow his hair in later seasons. He looked very weird.

He gets... confused!

Who is the best system lord?

Nah just the Goa'uld. Jaffa don't do suicide missions.

Are you saying Gooold or Goa'uld?

Fuck, forgot the pic

>A serpent guard, a Horus guard, and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The serpent guard's eyes glow, the Horus guard's beak glistens, the Setesh guard's... nose drips.

I want to bear Ba'al's alien children!!

SGU is really fucking good. Why did you all lie to me? Yeah it's not as good as sg1, but what is? Yeah the first season had huge problems, but so did sg1, as well as many other great shows. I might even say it's better than Atlantis.

Science fiction is an existential metaphor that allows us to tell stories about the human condition. Isaac Asimov once said, "Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinded critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

I love the SG threads.

I'm watching through for the first time and I'm at a point were it seems like most of the episodes now are all just story arc. I want my monster of the week episodes back. :(

Currently season 7.

Gold

>Better than Atnalis
SGU is better than most say, and it was really starting to find its feet and get good when they killed it. That being said, better than Atlantis....kill yourself.

I stay alive for Stargate threads

stargate a shit

The only reason to stay alive.

Shol'va!

Yotz!

You shut your whore mouth

>Rygel shitting up a Stargate thread

haz'mot

>better than Atlantis....kill yourself.
Atlantis was annoying because of the power problem. I wonder if there is a youtube compilation of all the times they said they didn't have enough power. Bet it would be two hours long!

Go home Rygel, you're drunk.

I miss those friday nights in the middle to end of SG1's run where I would watch SG1, SGA, and then Battlestar Galactica.

Is tv scifi dead forever?

Actual best times all round
RIP Scifi

Those Friday nights were so awesome. They only lasted about 2 years though. Then some genius thought it'd be a good idea to throw BSG on Tuesdays and the whirlpool of suck officially began at SciFi.

its a perfectly natural body function you retarded ape

I never much cared for Delvian art.

Scariest race in Stargate? Personally I found the Wraith quite terrifying, and the Replicators too

Also ignore shitty picture kek

Dark Matter, which is done by Mallozzi and Mullie, is fine, I haven't seen The Expanse or Killjoys but I hear they are too. They all insist on being dark and edgy with no substance though. Hopefully this is only the first wave, and once syfy gets all the way back into sci-fi we can have lighthearted shit like SG1 and dark gritty shit with the budget and writing to actually back it up like BSG.

If you like Dark Matter, you'll like Killjoys. Can't speak for The Expanse though.

Someone add an ewok on here with
>Furling
>"We are the Furlings."

I liked the idea of Atlantis more than SG1, even more so because it was something new after many years of fighting pagan gods over and over in space. There was all this awesome, advanced looking tech coming from the most powerful race to ever live and the ocean city was pretty and looked like it would be a fun, comfy place to live. I thought it would be so awesome to be a scientist living there fiddling with all sorts of things, taking puddle jumper joy rides, and exploring another galaxy.

The plots never really riveted me though and I hated the Wraith. Their very existence and victory make the Ancients into incompetent morons and ruined their image for me.

pls

SGA had such a strong first season. Shame 2 and 3 were so lame. Too many ren faire planets and too little character development. I used to think Mitchell was the worst SG leader, but Shepard never really evolved beyond a poor O'Neill clone.

topkek

Apophis once literally ran Jaffa into the iris for like six hours just to see what would happen.

If you're gonna do that then you have to add the obnoxious pacifist pixies as well.

Fuckin' Apophis - took SO long for SG1 to finally finish him off

A reminder that this is what the Furlings look like and they created the Goa'uld who then turned on their creators, massacring them and enslaving the survivors.

>Nox
>"We are the Nox."

>Replicators
>"͕̳W҉̦̯͖̙͔͖̬̕e̶̛̜̗͙͎̭̙̬̞̱͘ ̷̨̖̤͎͎̫͉a̸͠҉̺̰̙̯̬̪r̛͏̯͈̭̫̪ͅe̛̬̺̹̠͘͞ ͏̷̨͍̻͍͚̟t̵̮͕͎̳̟̫̞̮h̠̭̙͈͓̰̮̯͜͝é̯̟̬̗̀ ̰̱̼̘̤̤̼̺Ŗ̭͓͖͉ę̸̴̟͖̺̝̪͙̻̞p͖̠̣̦͘͝l̛̻̱̙̕͢ͅi҉͕̤͔̺̠̞̫͕̻c̨͉̠̫̩̗͈̻a͈̮̦̳̟̩̤̫̲t̻̳͘o̬̠͓͞͡r͏̲̖͚s͉̣̰̘͘.̪͇͈̩̦͖̦̯̺͜"̻͖̙̮̀

>created the Goa'uld
The Goa'uld evolved naturally on the Unas planet. Take your dumb shit out of here.

what's that from

Shepard was ok I guess but SGA was the Rodney McKay show anyway so it doesn't matter. He fulfilled his roll as the squad leading guy with the super version of the ATA gene like Jack.

>Okay Tah-Ree, we'll protect your planet in exchange for 100 bars of gold-pressed naquadah.

QUAAAAAAARK

>completely eschewing violence is totally enlightened guyz even when violence is a key and ubiquitous part of nature and everyone else around us is getting killed
I fucking hated these faggots and the message behind them. Even the Ancients sort of had this sort of pretentiousness problem with the ascended beings prime directive spiel.

You're just unenlightened.

I got blue balls so hard when Daniel gets b& by the Ancients right when he's about to shit on Anubis.

Here's my attempt. I cropped out the logo at the bottom

I know this is a joke but autistically adhering to arbitrary principles even when it results in your own destruction is not enlightenment.

I guess it kind of makes sense to avoid interfering with lesser beings considering that such enlightened being would understand how fleeting and pointless life really is, but they're just fucking raging autists for allowing fellow ascended like Anubis and the Ori to threaten all life including themselves due to such rigid rules. It's as if the gods were a bunch of Wikipedia editors.

saved

GOOLD?

>asgards
Who is the retard that made this and never watched the show?

>what an unenlightened would say

>but Shepard never really evolved beyond a poor O'Neill clone.

This, honestly. Aside from the plots, my main problem with the show was the characters and the way they played off each other and had zero chemistry.

Shepard was unfunny and his actor seemed to lack any enthusiasm and always looked bored. Like he was trying to look cool and aloof, but just looked uninterested in everything.

Ronon was way too edgy and tryhard. Teyla was mind-numbingly boring. Weir had some good spots, but was pretty boring in general.

Compare these to O'Neil, Sam, Teal'c, Jackson, general Hammond, etc.

Compare the Wraith to the Goa'uld. Both as a race and as individual characters. Were there even any Wraith characters besides Michael?

Hell, even the Ori were more interesting than the Wraith, because they at least brought up some interesting topics, like in that episode where the Ori prior argued with Jackson.

is right, in that McKay was the only interesting character, but I thought at times he was unlikable to the point of being obnoxious.

He got some dermatological condition from having to keep it so closely shaved all the time.

Same reason he had the soul patch for a while.

Ba'al. How is this even a question?

>even when violence is a key and ubiquitous part of nature and everyone else around us is getting killed

But they found some way around it with technology. Jesus christ you really can't entertain the idea of growing past or manipulating nature to your will?

The Expanse is pretty fucking awesome IMO. At least it has the potential to be. It's like Game of Thrones in Space. It has potential to be the next big Space Opera is they don't fuck it up

They literally waited until the second to last episode to add depth to Shephard....and it was depth to an alternative universe Shepard.

I am currently rewatching all ten sg1 seasons, because I could never watch them continously in tv. Good memories, many great scenes.
One of my favourites is where the sg1 team lays a great ambush for apophis because he is on a hunt and only has few jaffa with him. But he is a god and fucks them up. Great fight. Pic related.
I'm now in the middle of 8th season and it's getting a bit wearisome. Hope it gets back on track the last two seasons.

forgot pic

Could you remind us? Honestly, unlike SG-1, I never watched Atlantis more than once, so my memory is fuzzy.

Season 5 of Atlantis was better than all of Universe and the weaker parts of SG-1.

HAHAHA, Oh boy you are in for a hoot.

Quit watching after season 8, trust me

Hope you like Farscape and King Arthur user.

Those seasons were ok but were a drastic tonal shift away from the norm for the series.

This. They're honestly not that bad. Nowhere near the level of disappointment of Battlestar or Lost.

It's sort of weird, it's kind of like easing you into the fact the show is ending. In the end, you won't feel like you want more episodes and that the show ended early. You just won't miss it, without feeling it jumped the shark.

SG1 S4 > SG1 S1 > SG1 S2 > SG1 S3 > SGA 1 > SGA 2 > SGA 3 > SGA 4 > SG1 S7 > SG1 S6 > SG1 S5 > SG1 S10 > SG1 S9 > SG1 S8 > SGA S5

>SG1 S1 so high
Half the episodes are infamous for their badness.

Allow me to fix this

4 > 3 > 5 > 7 > 2 > 6 > 1 > 8 > 10 > 9

Is there a list for SG1 of episodes that are good or story vital so I can just skip all the pointless episodes?

Watched SG1 a long damn time ago and I'd like to rewatch it, but not all of it.

Don't skip Crystal Lazarus, Urgo or Scorched Earth

I dont mind any of the seasons in atlantis but I think michael really overstayed his welcome as a villian. I also hate how after 5 seasons they seemingly accomplished almost nothing at all.

Or the Gamekeeper

Cold Lazarus. Fuck whatever

Or one false step

How do I get into Stargate lads? Should I start with the film?

Fuck off casual

Apart from Emancipation, you should marathon it all like a man with a pair, not some gutless tumblrite. If you want a short marathon go jack off, 7 seconds should be to your taste.

Satan is right, even the shitty episodes are good

But the ones mentioned so far are particularly thought provoking.

I don't touch anything that's not SG1, but it seems like others like Atlantis and Universe.

I don't care

Yeah some episodes like Nightwalkers, Seth and BANE? are derivative but so ridiculously comfy

Not even the crossover eps of SG-1 and Atlantis that have SG-1 characters?

I haven't even finished SG1 desu.

apophis was great fuck you