>Ice Hockey

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_watched_television_broadcasts
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Cricket
Field Hockey
Basketball
Rugby/Baseball/Ice Hockey

Do you mean by population or the amount of countries that play them? Perhaps even another metric?

It would by different depending on those factors.

Nice meme
Did you know literally no one outside Argentina cares about Field Hockey?

by number of people who play?

1. Cricket
2. Basketball
3. Baseball
4. Rugby
5. Field Hockey
6. Ice Hockey

I'm ranking by different countries. Not a billion playing cricket and poo in loo.

>basketball
>ice hockey
>baseball
>cricket
>field hockey
>rugby

I really wasn't sure. I figured it was some huge European meme sport tbqh

Why are you asking a question that can be answered with actual statistics

-Cricket (irrelevant in first world apart from UK and Australia though)
-Basketball
-Ice Hockey
-Rugby
-Baseball
-Field Hockey

>Did you know literally no one outside Argentina cares about Field Hockey?
Very popular in India, Pakistan, Australia and Europe.

Based on the popularity of their main events.

1. Rugby - Rugby World Cup
2. Cricket - Cricket World Cup
3. Basketball - NBA finals
4. Baseball - World Series
5. Ice Hockey - Stanley Cup
6. Field Hockey - Whatever they have

>popularity
>not futebol

>by number of countries that care
basketball
ice hockey
baseball
rugby
field hockey
cricket

>by number of people that care
cricket
basketball
baseball
field hockey
rugby
ice hockey

Basketball
Hockey
Rugby
Cricket
Baseball
Field Hockey

wrong

RWC doesnt even register

Rugby World Cup is also the only relevant event in Rugby. Cricket also has all the bilateral events (especially the Ashes and India V Pakistan rivalry) which far outstrip anything in Rugby in terms of relevance

COUNTRIES THAT FOLLOW CRICKET

Kenya
Papua New Guinea
United Arab Emirates
Turk and Caicos Islands
Barbados
Tiwi Islands
Guyana
Jamaica
Jost Van Dyke
Tortola
Virgin Gorda
Anegada
Saint Lucia
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Martinique
Anguilla
Sint Maarten
Saint Kitts
Nevis
Antigua and Barbuda
Dominica
Montserrat
St Helena
Grenada
Bahamas
Bermuda
Trinidad and Tobago
Afghanistan
Australia
New Zealand
South Africa
Zimbabwe
Bangladesh
India
Pakistan
Sri Lanka
England
Wales
Ireland
Nambia
Nepal
Bhutan
Scotland
Kuwait
Saudi Arabia
Oman
Guernsey
Jersey
Botswana
Nigeria
Uganda
Zambia
Ghana

>COUNTRIES

The Olympics is an odd one. I wonder what the total number of individuals who watch at a least one event is. I imagine it would be high given that pretty much every populated but of land is involved.

>it's an aussie pretends cricket is more globally popular than it actually is.

>all of those island countries with less than 100,000
>all those countries that has at least a couple of cricket fans

SHART IN MART

>Cricket
>Actual Hockey
>Rugby
>Basketball
>POWER GAP
>Leaf Hockey
>Baseball

the fuck kinda Jacuzzi backlog homo drugs u on

Half of those aren't even countries and the interest in a significant part of the remainder is due to large numbers of South Asians/immigrants from South Asia

well only two of those sports aren't dominated/cared about by subhumans, and of those two only one isn't for pussies, so Hockey.

cricket isn't even a sport kek

>Implying anyone outside US/Canada cares about meme hockey

Baseball is definitely shit tier.
There are only few countries seriously playing that shit.

the fact that more people don't watch 24h Les Mans is sad desu

it's probably the comfiest sporting event possible

>what's Russia

(You)

KERMIT'S ASSHOLE

Same with basketball. It's the number 1 sport in like 3 countries, including Philippines for some reason, and they suck at it.

I like how Kermit's asshole has gained more notoriety in Sup Forums than India and Pakistan.

RWC should be on there tho it had 120mil viewers on the final and sold close to 2.5 mil tickets

Cricket
Rugby
Basketball
Ice Hockey=Baseball

Powerful

Field Hockey

Baseball - 5
Ice hockey - 2
Basketball - 1
Cricket - 0
Rugby - 0
Field hockey - 0

This is by number of relevant countries that genuinely give a fuck about the sport. Relevant nations are 1st or 2nd world and over 10M people.

New Zealand, Wales, Finland, Sweden and Minnesota can fuck off
>implying anyone other than USA and a few eastern european shitholes really care about nigger ball

Oh sorry cricket is 1, australia

Baseball - 5
Ice hockey - 2
Basketball - 1
Cricket - 1
Rugby - 0
Field hockey - 0

Cricket
Rugby
Basketball
Field hockey
Baseball
Ice hockey

Baseball 5? What third world shithole south/middle american countries are you counting as 1st/2nd world

England, Australia, and France are all huge on Rugby. How the fuck did you turn USA and Japan into 5 for Baseball?

Basketball
Spain
France
US
Canada
Brazil (ok not really 1st world but they got the pop)
China
Australia

You can go ahead and take Australia off that list buddy.
We did good in the olympics cause a select few good athletes popped up at the same time.
Literally no one here gives a fuck about niggerhoop.

Obviously I'm not an expert here but I'm pretty sure rugby is a distant distant distant second to divegrass in France and England. Rugby is big in Wales

Notice I didn't even include ice hockey for usa, and it's more relevant here than rugby is in any of those countries. Maybe rugby league in Australia but that's a different sport

And baseball is Japan, Korea, Taiwan, USA ( all obvious), and Cuba (questionable, but they have a very high hdi)

If we go by human development index, see wiki it becomes

Baseball - 7
Ice hockey - 2
Cricket - 2 (or 3 if you want to include England)
Basketball - 1
Others - 0

Apparently Venezuela, Dominican republic and Sri Lanka are developed countries, shocking. And yes cuba and DR have more than 10M people

>implying any country other than USA and a couple eastern european shitholes genuinely give a fuck about nigger ball

Maybe china, I don't know what they're up to, but I would think if they really gave a fuck they'd be better.

And Philippines but they're third world as fuck

Union is bigger than Cricket in Australia. Least everywhere I've ever lived.
Also, France has probably the second biggest Rugby Union competition on Earth. The second being split between Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and one Argentinian team.

If we're just going by the top sport in the country then most first world countries can't have a place anywhere on your list. NFL is bigger than baseball in the US these days right? League and AFL are way bigger here than Cricket, England and all those asian countries have divegrass over baseball, etc.

>The second being split between Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and one Argentinian team.
The first.

You are contradicting everything every other Australian has ever told me. I don't believe you

Can't speak for all sports and countries but ill try to list relevant countries for my boy Ice Hockey
>Canada
>USA
>Russia
>Scandinavian/Nordic: aka
Finland, Sweden, Switzerland, Denmark, Czech, Latvia

Are you some Poo Peelander on proxy? No one else cares about rugby fuck off faggot

Cricket
Rugby
Basketball
Ice Hockey
Field Hockey
Baseball

>Rugby World Cup is also the only relevant event in Rugby
Tests are the most relevant thing in rugby, in particular the Lions and the Bledisloe.

>Australia huge on Rugby

he is clearly talking about Rugby Union

Rugby League is inadmissible to this discussion

>Union is bigger than Cricket in Australia. Least everywhere I've ever lived.

what the actual fuck is wrong with you. Have you ever left your bedroom?

Cricket is the national sport. Union is a distant 5th or 6th sport played only in Sydney and Brisbane private schools

yeah don't, he is literally spilling lies on the internet

Cricket
Basketball
Rugby
Field Hockey
Ice Hockey
Baseball

Some of you guys are seriously fucked in the head.

Cricket (True world-wide sport)
Basketball(Everyone knows basketball)
Rugby (Lots of countries play Rugby)
Baseball (still more popular than Hockey sports, there *is* a World Baseball Association, the Classic will be later this year/next year)
Field Hockey (Mostly popular in the third/second world countries)
Ice Hockey (Seriously, this is just like US, Canada, and some parts of Russia)

I disagree with you from everything below Basket

>Rugby (Lots of countries play Rugby)
yes but New Zealand is literally the only country where it is the no1 sport. In England and France it is a minority sport and in Australia it barely registers these days

>Baseball (still more popular than Hockey sports, there *is* a World Baseball Association, the Classic will be later this year/next year)
Big following in relevant countries like the USA, Japan and Korea. Automatically puts it ahead of Rugby.

>Field Hockey (Mostly popular in the third/second world countries)
Massive fucking meme. Even Indians and Pakis don't care about it anymore (only gets statpadded because it is nominally their national sport despite cricket long taking that title)

It's a childrens/womens game in places like Australia and Germany. Zero professional relevance anywhere.

>Ice Hockey (Seriously, this is just like US, Canada, and some parts of Russia)
Basically yeah but still beats field hockey

Correct list is
>Cricket
>Basket
>Baseball

>Rugby
>Ice Fight

>Field Hockey

>literally no one outside Argentina cares about Field Hockey?

Biggest hockey countries:
Canada
U.S.A.
Russia
Sweden

Biggest baseball countries:
U.S.A.
Japan

Nice try though

I'd argue ice hockey and rugby should switch, baseball and field as well but only if its by the number of countries and not people

The India vs Pakistan match is more viewership than the final though.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_watched_television_broadcasts
>The 2011 Cricket World Cup semi-final between India and Pakistan is reported to have been watched by about 1 billion people by The Guardian, which was more than twice as many viewers as the final, which was watched by 400 million people.

>According to Telegraph.co.uk, the 6 hour 45 minutes long 2015 Cricket World Cup match between India and Pakistan played on 15 February 2015 was seen by nearly 1 billion people.

The rugby world cup final got 120million viewers - so this needs to be updated.

Grew up in public schooling, all the league boys played union at the same time. I can't think of a single person who is under 40 who likes cricket, unless it's in the backyard at a bbq.

To be fair, everywhere I've lived has been pretty bogan though, so maybe I'm in the wrong demographic.

>I can't think of a single person who is under 40 who likes cricket, unless it's in the backyard at a bbq.

once again, delusional. it is the most popular sport in the country, pic related

I mean do you even watch Rugby? 99% of the population is unaware Super Ugly even exists. it is barely on TV (fox) and the games average

Just for the record, I rated cricket as the highest on my listI know it's insanely popular, but in real life, in Australia, I can't think of anyone who gives a shit if we win the ashes or not, or even when it happens.

Cricket
Basketball
Hockey
Rugby
Ice Hockey
Baseball

No chance. A lot of people don't even know who The Lions are. Everyone watches the world cup. Even the yanks were loving it last year

>but in real life, in Australia, I can't think of anyone who gives a shit if we win the ashes or not, or even when it happens.

your anecdotal nonsense means shit all and you sound like an absolute fuckwit when repeatedly using this as an arguement

Its the most popular sport in AUSTRALIA (forget overseas) by any metric (participation, TV viewership, national interest)

Just because Dave who sweeps the streets with you doesnt care about cricket doesnt change this fact

>b-but only old people care
the source I just gave you clearly disproves that.

>Basketball
>Rugby
>Cricket
>Boreball
>Field Hockey
>Ice Hockey

Sorry furpuck fags

95% of that list is literally who status

Mate I don't know why you're so rustled, I wasn't saying you're wrong, I was explaining my position. As I said, I guess I'm in the wrong demographic. Anecdotal as it may be, everyone I know in Sydney and the Central Coast couldn't give a fuck about cricket, same with Adelaide it was all just AFL there. Lived in both states for 10+ years.

You should really be less defensive about your sport. I mean fuck, I literally rated it the top sport, settle down.

>Cuba
>Developed
>Falling this hard for the "commie utopia" meymey.
I laugh at your naivety.

Also you forgot Canada.

>Apparently Venezuela, Dominican republic and Sri Lanka are developed countries, shocking.

Is this sarcasm? those countries are developing, not developed..

So nobody

>field hockey
>cricket
>basketball
>baseball
>rugby
>ice hockey

>popularity is good

>COUNTRIES THAT FOLLOW CRICKET
>Scotland

kek, nice try m8

Who the fuck watches field hockey? Am I massively underestimating it's popularity or something? I've never heard a single thing about it apart from the Olympics. It's never on tv or in the papers or on the news. NEVER

>Netherlands
>Germany
>Belgium
>India
It's big in these countries and a decent sized meme sport in a lot of others.

>Basketball
>Ice Hockey
>Rugby
>Cricket
>Field Hockey
>Baseball

>Ireland
Nice meme. Our team is 90% granny rule players and people in Ireland who actually know the rules of cricket are generally considered odd.

We bandwagon it whenever we beat a big team, but outside of that, it's only ahead of baseball (we play rounders) and ice hockey (no ice) from this list.

Have you ever been to Spain? Basketball is almost as big there as soccer.

ICC cricket world cup final would have had double the views if India played in that lol

Basketball
Rugby
Baseball
Cricket
Ice Hockey
Field Hockey

>Field Hockey

I literally do not know a single person who watches this? Where exactly is it popular. At least with all the other sport you can name some G.O.A.Ts

Babe Ruth
Sachin Tandulker
Michael Jordan

Who the hell is the G.O.A.T field hockey player?

>Basketball
>Ice Hockey
>Cricket
>Rugby
>Baseball
>Field Hockey

Google major Dhyanchand, apparently it was his birthday yesterday.

All shit. In that order

WE WUZ KINGS

This list is complete bollocks on all counts. Just overinflated shite.

>1 in 2 people are a football fan

Kek, not even taking into account 52% of the world is women, sports fans in general are probably a minority in every country

Basketball
Rugby
Cricket
Ice Hockey
Baseball
Field hockey

It's the third most popular sport on earth.

Because it has not got a massive following in the UK is why.

Maybe with the lasses winning the Olympics, attitudes may change

You can look at the scores, we literally thrashed every other team margins like 5-0 to 9-0