Why doesn't any fucker on Sup Forums ever mention this masterpiece?

Why doesn't any fucker on Sup Forums ever mention this masterpiece?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vYVpVhBQXWo
youtube.com/watch?v=OQNoeU5G40U
youtube.com/watch?v=-U7lfbada-Y
youtube.com/watch?v=XW8NKdBDnAw
youtube.com/watch?v=7cfH93B9ono
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

cuz its too good for this place.
we will fall is fucking great to listen to on acid. the subtle understated guitar is just sublime.

You must be new here. Sup Forums never talks about actually good music, we've all been pretending this whole time!

last time i did no one replied to the thread D:

such a great album though. i do wish that 'we will fall' could be swapped with 'i got a right' not that i don't like we will fall.I just think i got a right would go with the album more. it's just a dream of mine user

>being this retarded

it was a meme, you dip!

It's good but pales in comparison with Fun House and Raw Power. Performances aren't as raw and blistering and writing isn't as good. Especially compare Iggy's vocals and the guitar work on this thing with the records that followed, and it comes off as pretty tame.

Not that it needs to be judged against the other albums in the discography, but on its own, for me, it's just 'enjoyable', and when there are masterpieces like Fun House and Raw Power among their output, it's easy to forget.

Raw Power (Iggy Mix) > Fun House > Raw Power (David Mix) > s/t
The Weirdness and Ready to Die don't exist in my timeline

fun house is my favourite. totally loose and fucked up.

>you dip
5th grader detected

>loose

Because moo is stuffed full of autists who spend all day downloading shitty world music and crap meme albums instead of being authentic music fans.

We Will Fall is underrated

God tier stooges album.
I want to learn how to play Ron Asheton's guitar part in no fun.

Why is it no one can play any of Ron's songs right? Everybody fucks it up somehow. Not discouraging you user. Just thought you might know more about guitar than me which is nothing

stooges were master geniuses. Anybody know on what album can one find the long version of Ann? I feel like it got fucked up by the fade out, great song anyway

Because this one is better.

It's on the Rhino re release of the 69 album. Has the long versions of all the songs.

youtube.com/watch?v=vYVpVhBQXWo

thanks man, I bought the rhino vinyl for fun house but didn't know about the s/t

thank you too

no problem. I wish there was a complete sessions boxset for the 69 album. i'd love to hear that

^^^ This user knows what the fuck is up.

can't get enough of the stooges lol

they're my favorite band

hell yes man. I wish that punk took a direction that reflected more the stooges variety and experimentation but only radio birdman satisfied me in that sense. The stooges were truly a unique band

Have you ever listened to any of Ron's other bands?

I was listening to New Order on spotify when I was at work, I was at the first song but then my phone's internet finished and I sperged out so I haven't listened to anything yet. Are they good?

They're pretty good. He was in a band with some of the Radio Birmdman guys called New Race that's real good.

Oh I know they released a live album. It was deniz tek of radio birdman, must have been the greatest thing ever to play with with ron asheton lol

I personaly prefer paralell lines

Yeah i bet it was crazy. Here's a pretty funny video with Ron youtube.com/watch?v=OQNoeU5G40U

Gonna watch it later, thanks

What other bands do you like?

The Dictators, The Sonics, Ramones, Johnny Thunders, Misfits and the Adverts to keep this somewhat stooges related. But I listen to a lot of metal too. What do you like? (are you by chance the user in the other stooges thread wth whom I talked about ron asheton feelz about raw power?)

and raw power is the best of them all

I am that user. I like the Oblivians, the Reatards, Quintron, Timmy's Organism, Clone Defects. shit like that

Fuck, we meet again. never heard those bands gonna listen to them. Anyway now I gotta go but I'll try to be in every stooge thread I can be in

So will I haha

because this is better

What makes it better?

wasn't i got a right written way after this album?

You're totally right but s/t has classics like i wanna be your dog and no fun, which are really good for introducing people to The Stooges

This 100%

I'd agree but they really aren't comparable. The Idiot has this weird fucking feel to it. It feels really industrial and apathetic, but at the same time Iggy's voice sounds so full of emotion. It's really not the same as anything the stooges ever did

Never knew there was a "Long" version

Hearing this version I now feel like I've been cheated. I didn't know they went into such a long jam. Thanks for posting the video. Now I wanna go get the Rhino re-issue!

Mah NIGGAH!

>I'll stick it deep inside
>I'll stick it deep inside
>Cause I'm loose

What did he mean by this?

youtube.com/watch?v=-U7lfbada-Y

Cause its too well known to be patrician yet too edgy to be mainstream is my guess.

Heroin bb he ain't no tightwad square hes loose

Made New Order possible

But actually its just what it sounds like
Hes gonna get some heavy fucking going since hes all fucked up on something (probably heroin)

Long version of No Fun is great too youtube.com/watch?v=XW8NKdBDnAw and here's a jam from those sessions called Asthma Attack youtube.com/watch?v=7cfH93B9ono

Don't know why everyone shits themselves over Raw Power when S&D is the only good song

go listen to it again dude, every song except I Need Somebody is a masterpiece

You're not using that term wrong. The first 2 records are way better.

yeah but this is even better

literally the wrongest
best to worst;
>Gimme Danger
>Penetration
>Shake Appeal
>Search and Destroy
>I Need Somebody
>Death Trip
>Raw Power
>Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell

I might be because I'm not a native English speaker, but Raw Power brings everything that was great about s/t and Funhouse together and has this continuous and unrelenting intensity to it that no album in their discography can top . I can understand someone liking Funhouse more than Raw Power though, but s/t is not even close.

If you like Funhouse btw, you should listen to pic related

I've never gotten this album. It's a total snoozefest for me.

I saw that documentary by Jim Jarmusch and in that it said that Funhouse was apparantly very inspired by Bitches Brew. Now how it would be a snoozefest i don't know, but it's totally understandable if you don't get it.

I watched that documentary a couple times and they never said Fun House was very inspired by Bitches Brew. Bitches Brew is one of the worst electric Miles Davis albums.

We Will Fall was a pathetically bad attempt at psychedelia on an otherwise great album. It shows a complete lack of understand for that area of music and was mixed to shit. Fun House is definitely the better album
>Bitches Brew
>Not a masterpiece

>Implying you know anything about music

Yeah they totally did, maybe i'm misremembering to what extent they were inspired by it but they definitely mentioned Bitches Brew as an inspiration

lol no

>Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell last
2raw4u? Fucking candy ass pussy bitch

It wasn't exactly piper at the gates of dawn but i'd say they weren't really trying to nail any particular genre. They were probably just really into droney and spacey music but none of them were any good at their instruments so it just became what it was. It's not some masterpiece, which is why they never made anything like it again, but it really isn't as bad as you make it out to be.

IN
MY
ROOM

Yeah they did I just didn't remember them saying it was like a major influence