ITT: Criminaly underrated sequels

ITT: Criminaly underrated sequels

>criminally
>robocop

Correct

Meh, the climax kinda sucked, and didnt really feel like a "final boss" battle...but then again i guess the original didnt either...

you must be the stupidest fuck on this board

>didnt really feel like a "final boss" battle

what the fuck type of criticism is this for a movie, sounds like you're talking about video games and even if you were, you'd be wrong because the end is nothing but a 10 minute 1v1 stop motion battle between robocop 1 and 2

fuck you

You two won.

I really like this one. The first one was a lame and cheesy macho jerk-off piece, this one actually felt violent.

Gremlins 2 is pretty bad

This thread doesn't make the biggest sense in the world. There's a bunch of films that are at best mediocre and not in any way underrated, much less criminally. And then something like Toy Story 2, highly regarded as a great film and better than the first one- just not as influential. Or Temple Of Doom and 2010, which are too seen as pretty good films.

Sup Forums found a way

Definitely agree with this. I'm glad this film pops up a lot on Sup Forums. Maybe I'll finally have an excuse to show off my Predator 2 poster that I had autographed by Gary Busey and Danny Glover a few years ago.

I have a soft spot for these, myself

I'm fairly certain that before 3 came around, everyone considered the second one the best.

Robocop 2 is alright but nowhere near the level of the first. The massive backwards step Murphy takes after regaining his identity is unavoidable but shitty, no Basil Poledouris score and little kid gangster too. It's fun but the original is perfect.

The entire point of the first Predator was cheesy 80s macho action heroes being completely ineffective and slaughtered one by one. Even Arnold, the prototypical 80s action man, has to beat the Predator through guerilla tactics and ingenuity. Calling it macho and cheesy totally misjudges it.

It's pretty fun

no

really? I feel the general consensus for this one is that it is one the best sequels to a film

Good taste OP.

Bill & ted's bogus journey is my recommendation.

Suck a gremlin dong!

I never even know this was regarded as disliked until a few years ago when I read it on Sup Forums.

>tfw holodoc gets raped by the trap gremlin
Its fucking great. Its also Sup Forums the movie.

This.

Danny Glover is great, the story works, and it's fucking fun to watch.

People like to pretend these got worse and worse, but this one is much better than 4 and 5 and is quite entertaining overall.

>it's a tackleberry writes on the wall with his assault rifle episode

Just rewatched it the other day, I've come to appreciate it as the best of the trilogy.
2>1>3 but they're all fun to watch

This. It was basically a slasher with action heroes instead of dumb kids.

That film is complete and utter shit.

My favourite Alien film to be honest.

kek

thank you

yes and the forty thieves

Growing up, this was my favourite of the series. Good pick, user.

Robocop 3 is the shit one, right? It's been so long since I've seen 2 or 3.

Yes, as much as people get pissy about kid gangster in Robocop 2, it's not as bad as tiny girl hacker making ED-209 her puppy dog, at least they killed the kid gangster.

Prefer it to the first one, tbph

Much better than Pompe. What do you guys think if the spin-off 'Pompe and Circumstance'?

Assembly cut makes the movie great

Maybe it was Sup Forums, maybe it was the critics. In any case you guys brought my expectations so ridiculously low that it was impossible to be disappointed.

Congratulations.

Wait for the Ultimate Cut from the sound of it the missing content really improves it, especially Superman/Clark.

>at least they killed the kid gangster.
They didn't just kill him off, he gets murdered by a giant robot and dies of gunshot wounds.

Also the kid gangster was great and felt perfectly fine in the robocop world.

What does it say about Sup Forums that this wasn't the first answer.

it says forced memes should die and stay dead.