What does getting a driving license cost in your country, including all taxes, fees for the test, etc.?

What does getting a driving license cost in your country, including all taxes, fees for the test, etc.?

All in all 1600-2000€ here, with driving schools in cities being more expensive here of course.

300/400 euros, 150 extra for every time you fail

was 300€ they are increasing it now to 600€, i payed 150€ tho

150$ lmao

like €1000 or more

I payed about 1000€ I think

not sure how much it is now, but 6 years ago i paid around $300 total, that included 30 hours of driving lessons, 15 hours of in-class courses, and the test itself

first driving lesson, the instructor sned me from the bottom of this road, tells me to stop the car in this curve, and then to re-start the car, I can't do It, even after 4-6 tries.

>who was in the wrong here?

well he should have told you how it should be done, that's what the lessons are for

he did give me some tips, bu that s a 15% climb, what the fuck was he thinking? I got all sweaty and shit

it's extremely cheap - in my state to get your license under 18 you have to do a driving education class which costs about $50, then $20 learners permit, & finally about $60 for actual license. It's usually cheaper in other states too

on my first driving lesson my instructor took me to the city downtown (while i barely could control the car) and was like "haha user why are you so nervous, just relax"

in total with the school, like $500

i do not know why europeans even bother with how expensive it is

> $50 driving school

Boy is my area getting ripped off

400$

>i do not know why europeans even bother with how expensive it is
Well, what's the alternative? Buying a bicycle?

what the fuck, seriously ? Here you have to do a fuckload of things and each and every one of them is expensive. First you need to acquire a CPR/first-aid certificate, then you need to have a physical check up at the doctor for which you have to pay for extra obviously and after that you need to listen to some dude talk about rules/laws on the roads and meanings of various road signs and stuff like that. After that you have to take a test on this. You need to get at least 90% on it or else you don't pass. So basically you don't even get to sit in the car before you pass this test. After that follows driving with the instructor which is anywhere from 20 hours all up to even 100 hours, depends on how good you are. After the instructor thinks you're ready he signs you up for the actual driving test. The test takes 45 minutes and you must do it perfectly. If you fuck up a single thing it's over.

Driving school + tests.
~$450-600, depends on region and school.

well you have better public transport, and your cities are much more compact than ours. (or maybe österreich sucks, i don't know much about your country)

it's probably 10km to my nearest super market, 4km to the nearest corner store. my job is 2km away (which is rare for it to be that close)

it is imporrant that you get a car as soon as possible here, because if not you are fucked.

>4km
>corner store
whoa

such is life in Texas, i have 3 nearby, but they are all about that same distance away. bad area maybe

Around 1200 euros. I still don't have it at 20. But I don't really need it for now, public transport is pretty good here.

about $30 USD

and that's not a typo

taking the bus still sucks

>10km closest super market
>4km to nearest corner store
lol thats insane, there is like a supermarket every 500m here i think.

whats the cost of living were you live, like is it really worth it to live in this shitty middle of nowhere place. do you really safe that much money.

The public high school I attended had it's own driver's education program so I did that for free. Pretty nice how it works, the sophomores would have one semester of gym switched out for driver's ed where you get to drive the school's cars on the little track they had and also practice parking, or you'd be practicing on the simulators they had (when my class was doing driver's ed the simulators were being renovated so we got to watch movies and play card games instead). Then after getting your 30 hours of driving sheet signed by an adult who says they were with you you take three driving tests on the street.

All of that was free and I think the license itself was maybe $10 or $20.