Anyone else here irrationally hate grimes? She pisses me off for no reason...

Anyone else here irrationally hate grimes? She pisses me off for no reason. she's a wannabe hipster which is really pathetic since being hipster is something any retarded 13 year old can do.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qsbiyvpel54
youtube.com/watch?v=m5H-YlcMSbc
reddit.com/r/Grimes/comments/4g84rl/grimes_downloads_various_rare_collaborations/
clyp.it/pgk1bj2k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

user, cut the crap.

/thread

She's ugly, she's untalented, her "art" is garbage and directionless, no endgoal or strife, just le quirky XD garbage for wannabe hipsters, she's that boring scene kid that grew up and just adapted to more relevant hipster trends

Keep lying to yourself. You're entertaining. In meantime, check this out youtube.com/watch?v=qsbiyvpel54

im legitimately angry im not stupid enough to fall for this shit. i know that sounds fedora as hell but she is basic as fuck with massive pretense of being artistic and idiots fall for it unironically

idc about "artistry", I just like her music

Be chill. You're simply too stupid to understand her music. But don't worry, there are shitloads of other easier to get into artists in this world. No need to open a complain department thread about Grimz.

*complaint department

this

it's probably got something to do with her incredibly tedious fanbase.
fanbases always put me off artists, like the courteeners or oasis, but they're objectively shit anyway

pretty awful song. it's just so bland with no depth

Don't make me cringe, user. Anyone with good taste could see the appeal of such a gorgeous song. This song youtube.com/watch?v=m5H-YlcMSbc doesn't have depth too?

>her incredibly tedious fanbase
They may be tedious to you, but her haters -- like the OP -- are much more tedious. Not only tedious but crybabies too.

>don't make me cringe.
is this like a Sup Forums thing now? honestly aint been on for years.
hey we can't all like the same things pal. tbf i prefer this song but i understand why the OP doesn't like her.

I don't hate her, but her music does nothing for me.

are you a fucking child?
it's ok to not like things that you do, don't let it get to you.
>haters
hate that word.

Stop making Grimes threads please.

Grimes has about 5 catchy songs, the rest are pure wank.

The only people who like her must have a some kind of fetish for infant female voices. It's the only reasonable explanation I can think of.

most likely anime lovers and into k-pop too.'i really like her voice cause she sounds kawaii' or whatever they say.

>Grimes has about 5 catchy songs
Name 5. I'm curious what you find catchy about her music. I also like having constructive conversations about music on /mu. Because I'm one of THOSE people.

user, you're not trying enough if you believe she has only 5 catchy songs. Funny, but some other people accused her music to be too catchy (too pop)... What are those 5 songs?

Her music sounds great on an instrumental level. There are instrumental versions of Visions and Art Angels, listen to them. Even without her voice, her music stands out. And believe it or not, many people hated her voice on the first listens but they became familiar with it in time.

i will give it a listen. i'll try to keep an open mind too.

Cool. Get them from here reddit.com/r/Grimes/comments/4g84rl/grimes_downloads_various_rare_collaborations/

An appetizer clyp.it/pgk1bj2k I hope you'll like it as much as I do.

Let's put it this way; Grimes is just bad.

>5 catchy songs
Circumambient, Genesis, Infinite love without fulfilment, Kill v. maim, World Princess part II, Oblivion, Realiti
I wouldn't listen to any of her albums but I have these on a playlist. They're just catchy, nothing spectacular.

You posted 7 songs. But whatever. And nothing from her first 2 albums + Darkbloom.
>I wouldn't listen to any of her albums but I have these on a playlist.
This is where you are wrong. If you don't try to listen to the other songs how do you expect to get into her music? What kind of music do you usually listen to if you found those 7 amazing songs to be just catchy and nothing spectacular?

Have you ever listened to Darkbloom?

I don't like her because she's a disgusting dog faced cunt with 0 good songs, not irrational at all

>not irrational at all
...said the irrational cunt

her face is objectively gross and her ""music"" is nothing but vapid yass queen tumblr shit, it takes a real waifufaggot nigger like yourself to say otherwise, I feel sorry for your father

I have listened to her albums and I don't feel the need to listen again.

I have a really long playlist of catchy songs by various artists. it would be easier if I just gave it to you.
Other than that I listen to death grips, radiohead, animal collective, aphex twin, boards of canada and all that good stuff

So, apparently you only listen to catchy music and disregard anything non-catchy. If you don't feel the need to listen to her albums again, don't do it.

It's not that, I just didn't feel like she had anything to offer other than catchy songs

If you believe that, you're terribly wrong. Honestly. An artist with just 7 catchy songs wouldn't generate such huge interest. Fact.

Lana del rey

She has more than 7 catchy songs from 3 albums.

nah

visions is pretty good.
AA sucks
her other albums sound shitty because of them being nothing but garageband presets.

>i only like straightforward art that i can understand easily without any creativity

haha k buddy

she's as relevant and good as suicide squad

Wrong opinion

This is why smart people stopped coming to this board.

It's only tumblrites and redittors in denial now, who have no idea how to share and enjoy music with others without making a big deal if somebody doesn't like the same things as they do and shrug it off as "hate".

There was a time where being here was fun, too bad that had to end.

>This is why smart people stopped coming to this board.
So, you're not smart because you stayed here? ;)

>There was a time where being here was fun, too bad that had to end.
You're just looking in the past with rose tinted glasses. I read some old threads from the archive (including Grimes threads) and I can tell you people were even worse then. There were more memes and more tripcode users and even bigger hate.

>If you don't try to listen to the other songs how do you expect to get into her music?
I'm not trying to get into her music though, thats the thing

>44 replies
>15 posters
This thread is most literally 14 anons and one kid sitting at his computer defending grimes just for the sake of getting a rise out of people, fucking lol

Oh! That changes everything.

great now theres 4 grimes threads in the catalog thanks asshole

>outing yourself as underage
Lol