"They wanted to do a retro movie. I don’t like that. Every movie I work very hard to make them completely different...

>"They wanted to do a retro movie. I don’t like that. Every movie I work very hard to make them completely different, with different planets, with different spaceships, make it new"

Why do we hate him again?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/3tj2w2/i_just_watched_all_six_movies_after_many_years_of/
reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/24hkra/sick_of_excessive_star_wars_prequel_bashing/
reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/3o8xwh/rant_why_i_like_the_prequels_more/
reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/2okafq/do_the_prequels_get_more_hate_than_they_deserve/
reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/3equef/what_did_you_like_about_the_prequels/
reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/3q75k3/why_we_shouldnt_hate_the_prequels_that_much/
reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/2k27ik/can_we_please_get_some_prequel_love_in_here/
reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/srslj/the_best_things_about_the_prequel_trilogy/
reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/31y016/thoughts_on_the_prequels/
reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/3lt66n/what_is_your_favourite_thing_about_the_prequels/
reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/2ef1pr/what_did_the_prequels_do_right/
reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/2mm6fo/fans_of_starwars_that_prefer_the_prequels_what_is/
reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/1kql2p/who_actually_enjoyed_the_prequels/
reddit.com/r/movies/comments/2asedx/what_did_you_like_about_the_star_wars_prequels/
reddit.com/r/movies/comments/1wql13/whats_something_you_actually_like_about_the_star/
reddit.com/r/movies/comments/35vgbn/which_of_the_star_wars_prequels_was_the_best/
reddit.com/r/movies/comments/3won8k/fans_of_the_star_wars_prequels_separate_or_as_a/
reddit.com/r/movies/comments/2djt5b/what_are_some_things_the_star_wars_prequel_films/
reddit.com/r/movies/comments/3ytvlr/discussion_the_star_wars_prequels_are_not_as_bad/
reddit.com/r/movies/comments/2vauhq/just_watched_all_6_star_wars_movies_feel_like
youtube.com/watch?v=oMVrMP8us6Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because they weren't very good.

Because the prequels were terrible

for selling

Star Wars was always terrible though

Ah, the old "prequels were bad" meme.
Exquisite.

How are they "good", then?

New story, actually explains what is the force and how are jedi trained.
Offers a close approach at why did the main antagonist became Vader, developing a tragic backstory that is further explained in The Clone Wars saga.
Introduces characters like Maul and Dooku, making clear how different are the sith and how many aprentices Sheev had over the years.
Politics are a really important matter in the universe, as Palpatine's rise to power is part of the 1000year sith Grand Plan of managing the universe by the use of politics, economics and spionage.
We get to see Obi Wan in his prime and how hard did he strive to mantain anakin in the light side of the force.
Should I go on?

>the fucking hallway painting

every time

You're terrible

pleb

only fat autistic plebs hate him

it's art

Meant to quote

>New story, actually explains what is the force and how are jedi trained
Except the "midiclorians" and Jedi training were utter shit. These elements were best left shrouded in mystery.

>Introduces characters like Maul and Dooku
Shit characters with no depth

>Politics are a really important matter in the universe
And the "politics" are fucking boring and utterly unengaging

Fuck off pleb retard

Because he has made bad decisions after bad decisions, and he should know that the his success came from working with talented people, if he had made the original trilogy the way he wanted it wouldn't have been successful at all, he made bad decisions in the original trilogy, he made bad decisions in the prequels and he made a bad decision by selling the franchise to disney.

Nice rebuttal Lucasfag

> le old [something]
> exquisite!
> le fun fact
> remember friends!
> protip:

fuck off to reddit

>defending this garbage

>garbage
you mean kinography?

Kino implies quality

Then is a matter of taste, user.

Are your jimmies shreded my fellow user?
Did my devious flim flams relinquished your emotional well being?

exactly

fuck off goldberg, you're too stupid for actual art

It's not a bad design.

So how would you deploy thousands of robot troops user? Why does Lucasarts hasn't contact you yet?

literally looks like a ps2 game

"""art"""

That's not the issue, it's lazy and unengaging. It's cold, sterile and lifeless.

see above.

Indeed. People with shit taste like the prequels.

I don't hate him but the prequels were awful.

>a film made in the year 1999
>"ps2 game lol"
>the original trilogy was puppets and lego ships

Yeah, yeah, we know how cool are you because you don't like the prequels, you are big boys.

Yeah the scene looks terrible but the design isn't. I think it could work in a total different context/environment.

that's a beautiful motion picture, I literally feel bad for your plebness

>cold, sterile and lifeless.
only for the sensibilities of a talentless overweight autist

your face looks like a ps2 game

Same shit every day.

>"hurr Jorge Loocus why do we hate him guys?"
>literally same posters giving literally the same opinions on him, as if they would change day to day
>brain cells continue to rot

I hate all of you.

>the original trilogy was puppets and lego ships
And yet it still looks far better than the prequels

I bet you saw them in theaters as a kid. That's the only logical explanation.

The worst thing about the prequels is the lost potential 2bh.

People with shit taste make up the majority of earths population. the average media drone is told not to like the prequels

therefore it is actually you that has shit taste because your shit taste goes unchallenged

Disney = shit taste
prequels = absolute truth
ot = safe fedoracore movies for tamed nu-males

>New story
fair
>explains what is the force and how are jedi trained.
this get's caught in a lot of people's craws because star wars is a fantasy first and foremost. It would be like trying to explain the science and backstory to merlin's powers, or king arthur's sword. It doesn't make the universe richer to know what midichlorians are, it doesn't make the jedi more interesting to know that they were a creepy cult and all trained in a hogwarts like school on coruscant.
>Anakin Skywalker becoming Darth Vader
Our first explanation of Darh Vader was that Vader was a pupil of Obi Wan's that was seduced by the dark side, became so evil that he destroyed the personality within himself that was anakin skywalker, and is now more machine than man. In the prequels we learn that anakin was a jesus-like figure conceived by midichlorians, raised as a brat, became a creepy stalker, and was eventually tricked into becoming evil in one of the most rushed and poorly executed turns in movie history.
>Maul and Dooku
Maul was underdeveloped and Dooku's name is literally derived from "doodoo" because Lucas wanted to stick it to the fans. I am not making this shit up it's in "How Star Wars Conquered the Universe" He is one of the many mistakes made in Attack of the Clones because Lucas didn't really bother to write the script until the movie was already filming and even then he just cobbled that movie together out of set pieces. There was no master plan for the prequel trilogy, it's all last minute bullshit decisions.
>1000year sith Grand Plan
Read above, there was no plan. Sheev's plan was so riddled with holes and easily countered by the most basic of common sense that the only reason he wasn't found out was due to a sith plot device that made all of the Jedi 70 IQ retards. There was nothing smart about his plot, nothing clever or inventive, it relied on the jedi being so blind and idiotic that it was sheer luck that it worked.
>Obi Wan in his prime
Yeah pretty good.

>And yet it still looks far better than the prequels
no it doesn't, it looks unimaginative, outdated, gay and shitty and restricted by technology

the majority of plebs enjoy all 7 movies with no hate toward any of them

you deluded.

also the prequels are Reddit.

this

(You)

>Why do we hate him again?

The more you know about the star wars movies, how they were made, what was going on behind the scenes, and why the prequels turned out the way that they did the less and less you will like George Lucas.

That said he is very giving and will probably go down as one of the most generous people that ever lived, so on that front he is great. But as a creative individual and the driving force behind Star Wars he's a Gene Roddenberry-esque figure who at certain points actively worked to sabotage his own creation.

>the majority of plebs enjoy all 7 movies with no hate toward any of them
and degenerate autistic plebs or fedoracore pseud drive-fanatics hate the prequels

>prequels are Reddit.
nope

reddit = disney

if someone on reddit likes prequels its just collateral damage from disney owning star wars

>The more you know about the star wars movies, how they were made, what was going on behind the scenes, and why the prequels turned out the way that they did the less and less you will like George Lucas.
complete opposite

reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/3tj2w2/i_just_watched_all_six_movies_after_many_years_of/

reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/24hkra/sick_of_excessive_star_wars_prequel_bashing/

reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/3o8xwh/rant_why_i_like_the_prequels_more/

reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/2okafq/do_the_prequels_get_more_hate_than_they_deserve/

reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/3equef/what_did_you_like_about_the_prequels/

reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/3q75k3/why_we_shouldnt_hate_the_prequels_that_much/

reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/2k27ik/can_we_please_get_some_prequel_love_in_here/

reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/srslj/the_best_things_about_the_prequel_trilogy/

reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/31y016/thoughts_on_the_prequels/

reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/3lt66n/what_is_your_favourite_thing_about_the_prequels/

reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/2ef1pr/what_did_the_prequels_do_right/

reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/2mm6fo/fans_of_starwars_that_prefer_the_prequels_what_is/

reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/1kql2p/who_actually_enjoyed_the_prequels/

reddit.com/r/movies/comments/2asedx/what_did_you_like_about_the_star_wars_prequels/

reddit.com/r/movies/comments/1wql13/whats_something_you_actually_like_about_the_star/

reddit.com/r/movies/comments/35vgbn/which_of_the_star_wars_prequels_was_the_best/

reddit.com/r/movies/comments/3won8k/fans_of_the_star_wars_prequels_separate_or_as_a/

reddit.com/r/movies/comments/2djt5b/what_are_some_things_the_star_wars_prequel_films/

reddit.com/r/movies/comments/3ytvlr/discussion_the_star_wars_prequels_are_not_as_bad/

reddit.com/r/movies/comments/2vauhq/just_watched_all_6_star_wars_movies_feel_like

collateral damage

nice damage control reddit loser jew

Considering Lucas had planned on naming Sith Lords "Darth Badguy" and "Darth Evilus" I can believe that.

Because he made the special edition.
Because he made the prequels.
Because he made a big stink about how SW was "my movies" and that everyone else was wrong about them, then he fucking sells "his movies" to fucking disney for more billions that he doesn't need. So much for his attachment to "his creation."

He's a fraud and a sellout.

>denial

>explicit damage control
>replies with denial
haha stay cucked anime virgin

It's a shame Lucas quit when he did. He had 39 episodes of the kino already finished and Disney axed it instead of letting true Star Wars fans embrace George's new vision of what Star Wars could be
youtube.com/watch?v=oMVrMP8us6Q

A real shame.

he's old and wants to do other personal things than just star wars, but if he does that it will result in his company losing money thus losing jobs

makes sense

making special editions and witholding the original enforces auteurship and invalidate accusations of being a fraud

prequels are independent and authentic

get educated cuck

And you've read / seen / heard what exactly?

Not a healthy way to react to actual hard evidence that disagrees with your ass-pulled opinion.

>not showing the kinography
Seriously Attack of the Clones had amazing cinematography.

What the fuck is wrong with this video? For 1999 these visuals were amazing (apart from that wide shot which looks a little too fake) but the close ups of the droids are fucking great

>he's old and wants to do other personal things than just star wars
He's been saying that for 25 years. Get educated.
>making special editions and witholding the original enforces auteurship and invalidate accusations of being a fraud
It enforces his hatred for SW and its fans.
>prequels are independent and authentic
Authentically shit.

Fuck off, prequelscum.

>actual hard evidence
it's not actual hard evidence when I can find over 1000 times as many posts to counter it and posts in favor of disney garbage and other easy unchallenged groupthink

not to mention the only reason those posts don't get downvoted and deleted is because any favourable opinion of star wars is good for disney thus like I said what little favourable opinion there is is purely collateral damage

reddit = TFA

not him, just want to hear your opinion on TFA.

The definition of "eh, it was OK." Seen it twice, don't think I'll watch it again. Not any time soon, at least.

I'm surprised no one posts the shitty CGI by JJ from the Force Awakens.

Everyone loved this bit when it came out you underage faggot.

Lucas made the special editions for two reasons, firstly he wanted to use the films as a test bed for CGI work for his teams in preparation for making the prequel trilogy, things like creating full CGI character, compositing CGI backgrounds into pre-shot foreground footage, deleting / editing existing footage digitally to get different effects, and using his digital tools to clean up old film stock. Secondly he and LucasFilm were nearly bankrupt at this point and the special editions were a very cheap way to make a shitload of money.

A third reason is that he is pretty vengeful and wanted to get back at his wife, who was a better editor than he was by undoing some of her work and making the films more like what he had envisioned (which was worse).

It's lifeless and boring. There are no stakes.

A film that coldly exploits the works of craftsmen and artists in a sterile, computer controlled environment resulting in a series of colourful, crisp images that are played in a sequence.

Learn a thing or two about film.

Well you better get to work collating all of that data because as it stands you're the one with nothing to back you up at all.

>not even knowing that Lucas had lots of miniatures and practicals in the Phantom Menace

Also: I agree that he should have spent more work on Attack to make it look more realistic BUT Episode 3's opening CGI space battle worked really well and was very impressive!

>If you think that Lucas could have done an entire space battle in 2005 with practicals then just no... no director in today's world would do that

Don't move the goalposts.

Ironic, considering you were young enough to enjoy this movie.

The Phantom Menace is now the greatest example of cinematic blue balls in the history of motion pictures. Never again will anything be more wildly anticipated, or a bigger disappointment.

>He's been saying that for 25 years. Get educated.
And? literally good for him. Suck my dick

>It enforces his hatred for SW and its fans.
most """""fans""""" (read: OT video game autists) are vapid plebs who demand to be entertained specifically to their shitty, filtered, tame, mediasexy, ultrapleb poisonous pop culture standards

his hatred for cucks like this reinforces his authenticity and devotion towards his own perversions (a mark of a real artist)

he doesn't take orders from plebs, cucks, business men and other anti-art cancer, that's why ever since esb every episode was privately funded

fuck off goyim

When people bitch about too much CGI in the prequels they are almost always talking about Episode II and Episode III which had a lot of green screen box sets and actors staring into nothingness like when obiwan is fighting grevious.

Episode I was a late 90's movie and in a dozen or so years will be known as "that one prequel move that didn't age like milk" because it had so much that was done practical and because there was less CGI they could devote more time to polishing it.

All that said it's still an awful fucking film in terms of just about everything else minus the music.

besides TFA

Even the few practical effects are wasted a horrible, awful, stupid and nonsense script where a 10-year-old blows up a Federation Space station.

sure buddy. maybe for you.

>The Phantom Menace is now the greatest example of cinematic blue balls in the history of motion pictures.
nice twitter fedoracore IMDB opinion

I bet youre such a fan of movies, I bet you love cinema and watch the oscars

lmaoing @ your life

Did you even watch this
Also that Phantom Menace CGI is fucking GOAT for 1999.

You are just brainwashed by people who want to hate the prequels to death.

Oh the prequels have some good stuff in them
>NO THEY DON'T!

This is how you people act.

Go listen to duel of the fates some more. Prequelscum trash.

You have a fundamental misconception of what constitutes "reddit" as a pejorative.

Just because something is found on reddit does not mean it's inherently 'reddit'. There's like a billion sub-reddits, many of them contradictory to each other, and the vast majority don't encapsulate reddit as an entity. Just as boards like /o/ or /an/ don't encapsulate Sup Forums just because they're on Sup Forums.

When someone calls something "reddit" on Sup Forums what they're referring to is the zeitgeist of reddit. Those prevailing bottom-feeding opinions that grip the top of the most popular subreddits propelled by the throngs of plebs who frequent the site.

FYI that hangar is not CG. Or at least I seem to recall that they made a model of it, not sure if they used it in this scene though.

So what you're saying is that "reddit" as a pejorative is one of the most vague and ill-defined terms to ever grace this website. Honestly it is just easier and more intellectually honestly to just say: "When someone on Sup Forums calls something 'reddit' they are saying that they don't like whatever has been said"

go upvote some more jews on imdb with your imperial march cuck anthem playing in the background, nu-male

it's completely irrelevant either way, because CGI does not make or break anything unless you're a brainwashed shitter

>vague and ill-defined terms to ever grace this website

That's where you're wrong. What's reddit and what's not is intuitive to anyone whose spent a decade on Sup Forums. It's second nature.

Good special effects are wasted on a bad movie with no emotional weight.

The prequel could of been fantastic but they wasted so much of their potential.

These are movies made by the man that started one of the greatest film trilogies of all time.

Star Wars (1977) was one of the most influential movies in terms of filmmaking and capturing audiences and inspiring future generations of filmmakers.

Don't apologize for him. The expectations were on him because he took it upon himself to do it.

If he couldn't, he should of got some help, but his fucking ego prevented that.

It's like Lucas finished the script in one draft and like, turned it in and they decided to go with it, without anyone saying that it made no sense at all and that it was a stupid, incoherent mess. I guess at this point, who's going to question George and tell him what to do? He controls every aspect of the movie. He probably got rid of those people who questioned him creatively a long time ago.

Because everything he has control over ends up being trash.

/thread

Calling something "Reddit" is the literal equivalent of downvoting something.

The prequels were miles better than this Jewish fanfiction shit.

t. someone that doesn't understand filmmaking

t. someone who fucks guys

It can be if you use it that way.

The word means different things you dig? That's where your hang up is. You can't discern all the nuanced differences because you lack the requisite experience so you throw up your hands and exclaim "its meaningless!"

>meme

Should I pull out the Wayback Machine.

George Lucas raped my childhood

Disney pimped my childhood

>Reddit boogeyman shitposting

fuck off, Sup Forums.

I've still fucked more chicks than you.

>a shitty non-canon play that no one cares about

Who cares. You're still a boring fuck.

Oh man. Don't think anyone is falling for your transparent attempt to fit in.

Lurk more and you wont stand out like a square.

Nope. "Hurr reddit" meant something else just a few years ago, and as someone who doesn't browse reddit I'm not reddit-savvy enough to know what's reddit or not nowadays.

No.

I'm a Sup Forums regular unfortunately.

Not even the guy you quoted, just wanted to let you know I've banged more chicks than you and still get that sweet boipucci.

I repeat, who cares.