Listening to interviews of others in the media or football talk about Kaepernick's protest

>listening to interviews of others in the media or football talk about Kaepernick's protest
>all shit like:
>"there are ways to affect positive change in society, this is not my preferred way to do it but I respect him
>"I'm glad someone is taking a stand for what they believe in"
>"sometimes you have to say tough things to make changes"

When will the media say what the silent majority of Americans are thinking: he's a fucking idiot, and black people are not being oppressed any more.

Other urls found in this thread:

gse.upenn.edu/equity/sites/gse.upenn.edu.equity/files/publications/Smith_Harper_Report.pdf
utaheducationfacts.com/index.php/get-the-facts/school-employees/110-student-to-teacher-ratio
google.com/search?q=chicago public school teacher to student ratio&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS698US698&oq=chicago public school teacher to student ratio&aqs=chrome..69i57j0.9057j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>he's a fucking idiot

Obviously

>and black people are not being oppressed any more

I doubt that the majority of Americans think this.

>I doubt that the majority of Americans think this.

I disagree. It's just that a lot of people that think it are no longer willing to say it. If anything I think the average American has gotten significantly more racist in the past 3 years.

>no one agrees with me
>must be that we're a silent majority

I've literally heard the opposite on the radio, they're all condemning him

There's a whole world outside the Sup Forums echo chamber

>radio
That's because only geriatrics listen to the radio

Numales on the internet are probably masturbating to Kap's brave protest right now

How are blacks oppressed, exactly?

I need specifics, not general things.

Off the top of my head

Black students are more likely to be given out-of-school suspensions for major infractions, whereas white students are statistically more likely to be given in-school suspensions for the same level of infractions. It has been statistically well-established that out-of-school suspensions are pedagogically catastrophic.

In other words, when white students act like fuck ups, the schools are more likely to try to turn their behavior around, whereas when black students are fuck ups, the schools are more likely to write them off.

Black people might not be being oppressed anymore, but you can't oppress an entire race of people for 200 years and expect all the negative side effects to disappear in 1 or 2 generations.

I think the biggest problem is black people don't trust or value the education system, and end up in low salary jobs, or turn to crime to make money. In turn raising another generation that doesn't learn the value of school or grow up with a parent in jail.

No shit, but if you talk honestly with a lot of people and get them to drop the PC bullshit you'll realize that a large portion of the population doesn't buy the bullshit

Ask Kaep's adoptive parents what they think of their boy,

But blacks get into schools easier. Also you're not really using a real example.

Also. I've never met anyone who actually likes the black lives matter thing irl.

It doesnt help that the education system hasnt valued blacks for a very long time. Segregation and jim crow have long lasting issues that the country is still feeling today. Many things that people would say help grow a person's wealth like owning a home and post high school education has discriminated against minorities for decades. At some points openly like during jim crow and less notably like the past 3 decades

>you can't oppress an entire race of people for 200 years and expect all the negative side effects to disappear in 1 or 2 generations

The jews did fine.

The Jews have always put a very strong emphasis on education and family. Something lacking in the black community

The reason the "silent majority" is so silent is because 99.99% of us cannot afford to lose our jobs by speaking our minds.

Colin can lose his job tomorrow and be wealthy the rest of his life.

I wonder how much of his $20 million a year he's donating to charities for BLM?

>But blacks get into schools easier.
I'm talking about K-12, son. Everyone gets in.

>Also you're not really using a real example.
I gave you a tangible, statsitically proven example of racial inequality in America and your only response is "that's not a real thing." You wanted specifics rather than general, that was an objective specific.

Here's a 90 page report from Penn on the matter:
gse.upenn.edu/equity/sites/gse.upenn.edu.equity/files/publications/Smith_Harper_Report.pdf

>Also. I've never met anyone who actually likes the black lives matter thing irl.

Maybe you need to venture out of your sheltered safe spaces more.

You really need to go outside tb h. Sup Forums has warped your mind.

>Something lacking in the black community
to be fair, for a long time it wasn't really their fault.

That's a natural backlash from the left pushing so hard and becoming so vocal over the last 5 or so years. Most people just want to be left alone and will oppose anything that violates that.

I'm not blaming them, it's just a result of their history.

The world is more than just college campuses. Most people don't buy into the PC bullshit apart from fringe activist groups and undergrads.

It must completely baffle you as to why Trump is losing.

Has it ever occurred to you that your very narrow worldview isn't shared outside of the confines of your town?

I'm not talking about college campuses. And listening to dumbass radio hosts isn't healthy.

I wouldn't mind this protest thing enough if he wasn't doing it solely for attention.

but trump isn't losing

Dude, I've talked to all kinds of people about this shit. You don't get way into it with people you casually know, but if you have people you can talk honestly with a lot of people see the bullshit in the "he dindu nuffin" narrative. Is this really that hard for you to believe?

I've lived all over the country in different states, never in the south. I'm not voting for Trump. Nice memes though

Hilarious

Not sure if bait.jpg

The right owns the radio
The left owns the tv

Been like that for a while

Of course not. But retards like you don't believe blacks, Muslims, Latinos, etc.have it worse then everyone else. You think everyone is on the same level field.

K, why are you putting words in my mouth?

The Left owns both radio and tv

>tfw he won't even start so you can see a white guy pull a Joe Theissman on him

>he cares this much about a song
>he cares this much about what Black Guy was doing during said song

Shiggy. Can't wait for NFL game threads to drown out the summer faggotry on Sup Forums. Back to Sup Forums nerds.

Statistics that blacks are worse at things doesn't prove blacks are oppressed.

None of the SJWs can point to a concrete case of blacks being oppressed by law.

Why do you care what the media says?

>black people are no longer being oppressed

9/10 troll, you'll get lots of replies.

>silent majority
>down 6.1% in rcp

>"the... the... the polls are r-r-rigged! i swear!"

lel

What do you say about Hillary?

This is the difference between Ben Shapiro and reality lol

Black people arent oppressed? Why do they congregate heavily in inner city government ran housing complexes? Why are the public "schools" they go to severly under-funded? Why are single motherhood percentages so high in the black community? Why do they turn to crime in order to provide food and shit?

The answer is within the establishment. To be fair though, the establishment is not racist, it is class-ist. It is extremely unfair for people in poverty. Just so happens a lot of black people live in poverty.

Instead of sitting during tje anthem he should be holding town hall meetings in large poor black communities telling them how important education is and working hard to accomplish your goals is the only way to make it in this country.

So you agree democrats are part of the problem.

This is definitely true for me. I started bartending a couple times a week in addition to my main careerish job, because I'm saving up for some things..Black people don't tip, act rude as fuck, complain about everything, scare my other customers away with their tribal chanting, and are generally unpleasant, entitled assholes. Fuck them.

Most definately. As a registered dem myself I understand the programs designed to "help" people in poverty are actually feeding their dependency instead of jump starting their lives.

Stay away from ESPN outside of live sporting events. It's MSNBC sports now.

Ask yourself how it got to be that way though. Ask yourself what we can do as a country to reverse those actions.

>free housing, school, and healthcare
>extremely unfair

Stop making excuses. No one in America is "oppressed" in any real sense.

It has been like that since Disney took over

He guys, undergrad at a college here. I LOVE deadspin and bomani jones. Let me tell you about race relations.

The "free housing" is shit. The free school is shit. The free health care is shit. The poorest people get terrible k-12 education and know nothing except extreme struggle and reliance on the gov to help bail them out every month. Do i think they deserve free shit because they are poor? No. But I think as a society we are responsible for the well being of our country. I dont want to get robbed or have my property value go down because we cant be bothered to fix a broken system.

I second This.

>ITT fags from Nebraska and Arizona discuss the plight of black americans

wew.

The system isn't broken though. A lot of people are naturally lazy/unintelligent/don't care to better themselves. You can't "fix" that. Anyone can climb out of poverty if they actually wanted to. No one is "oppressed" in America.

Sports have always been political whether you like it or not. You'll keep watching and paying for ESPN shows, though.

The Jews got an entire country carved out of thin air for them and the backing of the most powerful military in human history.

If anyone can get out of poverty why do we have so many damn hobos? Should they just automatically become doctors?

Inner city schools being under funded is a meme. Urban schools are almost always funded above average, with rural schools being the ones hurt worst by underfunding. Not that it matters anyway, as no amount of money will make inner city schools even halfway decent. If parents aren't involved in education, and actually involved in their children's lives, it doesn't matter how good the school and the teachers are.

The disintegration of the black family can be laid at the feet of well intentioned, but ultimately ignorant liberals, who pushed no string attached welfare on them. This eventually created a culture within the black community of men not being expected to be around for their kids, which is the primary driver of criminality in young black men.

>ITT: Sup Forums leaks into Sup Forums again

pls go

Because they are junkies or mentally handicapped. Blacks aren't mentally handicapped so that's not an excuse. Becoming junkie is a shit life decision and their fault.

but user you can't ever place blame on the parents of blacks. It's racist.

Sup Forums isn't the only group that is sick of niggers' shit.

They should stop having so many kids and try and get a fucking a job. More kids = more shit to pay for and more gov assistance. Same with the white trash leg tattoo retards.

Back to /k/

>the word nigger hasn't even been said yet
waaaahhh go back to Sup Forums please let me stay in my safe zone i have nothing to contribute :'(

I think his brain was already broken because of concussion.
poor Kaepernick.
American football is so brutal.

I remember I had to do some work in inner city elementary schools for my internship. It was night and day compared to suburban. The kids were the most disrespectful pieces of shits in the urban schools and the teachers were so sick of trying to calm them that they stopped giving a fuck.

The teachers were racist for expecting them to behave.

Your points are valid. You understand that. I understand that.

The problem then becomes, "why is the majority of an entire race of people living in these conditions?"

If you are saying that most black people are lazy/unintelligent/dont care then you are extremely ignorant and need to leave your computer desk once in a while.

I think you view "oppressed" as being physically oppressed. That I'll agree with. Black people are not physically oppressed as the government is not forcing them to remain in poverty. They are, however, fiscally restricting their oppurtunities. Look at how gerrymandering has affected the county/city lines. Its painfully obvious that the goals of the government has been to segregate the rich from the poor. Black people just happen to be poor more often. This shit happens to other races as well as white people.

If you are born poor you are statistically more likely to end up poor yourself.

It's 100% upbringing. That is the result of parenting.

I totally agree with most of this. Inner city schools are underfunded though if you look at money per kid. Urban schools have way more kids then supplies/teachers can support.

and yet they continue to have more kids. really makes you think..

>If you are saying that most black people are lazy/unintelligent/dont care then you are extremely ignorant and need to leave your computer desk once in a while.

But what if this is actually true? By every metric available to measure intelligence, blacks score lower than every other racial group. In every single culture and society that blacks belong to, they are on the bottom rungs of society, overrepresented in them amount of crime they commit, and in their poverty.

In the entire world there are so few (or any) examples of majority black neighborhoods, cities, provinces, or nations that are richer, safer, and more prosperous than those that are made up of a majority of another ethnic group.

We know that different racial groups have certain physical genetic differences. We know that intelligence is largely a result of heredity. Why is it so farfetched and "ignorant" to state that blacks, as a racial group, are simply less intelligence than others due to genetics?

I get it man. That shit pisses me off too.

But like I said before we have to ask why the fuck its happening. It all leads back into the system. If we keep funding bad habits it will keep happening.

Im really hoping all this BLM shit brings this into the light. Kap said it himself "there is no accountability" well fuck lets start being accountable. Lets start really hammering home the importance of education and a strong work ethic. All we need is a small percentage of the black community to get on board and in a generation or 2 the problems we have now will be minimized.

This is just Kaepernick trying to be relevant now. His career is over, so he needs to keep some media attention

In the research I've done, I've found that most urban schools spend more per-pupil than the national average. Now you can argue that the money is largely misspent, or spent in a manner that is inefficient, but they still tend to spend more than rural schools, while achieving worse results.

The average spending per student in the US is ~ $10,700. Compare that to the spending of most urban public school systems. For example Chicago Public Schools spend over $16,000 per student, Baltimore pays about $15,000 per student, Detroit pays $13,000 per student, and St. Louis pays about the same.

Despite this these school systems are generally pretty terrible, worse than the average school. No amount of funding will fix these schools. The amount that schools can do for children from broken homes is minimal. If the child isn't self motivated and isn't willing to invest themselves in spite of their environment, then there is next to nothing the schools systems can do.

Compare this to public school system's in Utah, which spend less than $7,000 per student, but have much better outcomes because the students typically come from households that are involved in their children's lives and educations.

>hammering home the importance of education and a strong work ethic

Republicans have been doing this for decades. It's hard to convince a culture that the problems they face in society are due to their own culture. Many of those people have been raised to believe that everything bad in their life is due to "the man". It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

It isnt genetics, its culture. The culture needs to change in order for all the points you brought up to be reversed.

How does the culture change?

The entire country needs to get behind certain cultural aspects that promote success.

Why are asians scoring high academically and on average make the most money out of all immigrants? Because discipline at a very young age is important in their culture.

As a country, we need to take all key aspects of success and apply them in our schools/homes.

Slavery?

Ya but inner city schools have garbage teacher/student ratios wheres in buttfuck utah its like 10/1.

coach and a white dude on sc pretty much said that yesterday. cant wait till racist ass chip cuts him

Maybe you can blame blscks for at least one thing. That one thing is the fact they always vote for the democratic party and it never helps them get out.

>blacks being black

I agree that democrats need to reform the whole hand out thing. Once social security tanks we will have to redo the way all that shit works anyway.

No matter what though things will get way worse before it gets better.

What? The general consensus seems to be "it's his right but its a lazy way to protest".

And it is. There are NFL players well known for their community and charity work and I've not once heard Kaepernick mentioned in this record.

Not even sure if he does any of the children events like camps and children shows and shit.

If he did, you wouldn't give a shit.

Instead he did this, and there's five threads about it.

Which is the fucking point.

You sheeple think Kaepernick is doing this for racial justice? Stop being so naive.

The only reason why he's doing this is because he sucks and he knows it. He's likely to be cut and doing this makes it controversial to cut him.

He does Camp Taylor. But yea i agree. I was talkin to people about it today and I feel like if it were Anquan Boldin or Larry Fitz everyone would be cool with it because those guys are well liked. Colin already had a negative reputation so this was doomed to fail.

that was established a long time ago

Intelligence is largely affected by environment. Genetics only really plays a role when it comes to prodigies/genius and those that have a learning disability or straight up mentally handicapped (or whatever they say these days).

Education, in general, takes a back seat to so much bullshit. People bitch about the outlook of the future but want to invest fuck all into it.

I dont gove a shit about kap. Its the point he was trying to make we are talking about. Dude should be cut but has 12 million reasons not to be cut this year.

>Genetics only really plays a role when it comes to prodigies/genius
thats why blacks are an iq standard deviation below whites?

Bingo. Same with pro life logic.

"Ill do whatever I can to stop you from aborting that baby and once its born I wont give a fuck about it"

This kind of shit is what prevents me from voting republican lol

It's naive to think he even cares remotely. It's just the easiest thing for him to latch onto.

Except they're not. Good luck pushing that thoroughly debunked 19th century science tho.

Do you just read and hear what you want?

The ratio in Utah is 22 to 1. In Chicago the ratio is 17 to 1.

utaheducationfacts.com/index.php/get-the-facts/school-employees/110-student-to-teacher-ratio

google.com/search?q=chicago public school teacher to student ratio&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS698US698&oq=chicago public school teacher to student ratio&aqs=chrome..69i57j0.9057j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

How about try being responsible for your actions?

He fucked the niners really deep and good. They either keep him and pay him 12 millions to sit for the entire game all year long, or they cut him, lose 12 millions anyway and become literally worst then Hitler and the r*dsk*ns. He's a master troll.