3x3 thread

post yours, rate others

Other urls found in this thread:

bighugelabs.com/mosaic.php
youtube.com/watch?v=D6LlediIRhA
youtube.com/watch?v=cM7GBWNh61A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I know this isn't a 3x3. I think I made this for a thriller thread rate.

Anyway I found it so gonna post it here.

nice

pretty much dislike all I've seen here

What's top mid ?

Deep Red/ Profondo Rosso

not bad m8s

bottom mid?

ghost dog

Top left?

Resident Evil: Afterlife

i'VE ALWAYS WONMERED WHAT PROGRAM YOU USE TO MAKE THESE

bighugelabs.com/mosaic.php

WHAT SPECS?

felt like masturbating

Get some fucking taste if you're going to make these threads, kid

>ghost dog

ma nigg

sauce on all of these

>movie posters
where's the fun?

+ for Gummo and Suspiria

i watched ghost dog for the first time like 3 days ago, made me revisit one of my favorite albums from my younger days
youtube.com/watch?v=D6LlediIRhA

also some a ver nice homage to suzuki with the sink scene
youtube.com/watch?v=cM7GBWNh61A

hello friends

it has been a while, i think i need to update my list

if that's your taste i doubt something will change with an update to be honest

bad bad bad
bad bad meh
bad bad bad

>if you haven't watched these by now you won't like them
That's the most puzzling assumption I've ever read.
You know maybe people haven't seen such-and-such film because there's only 24h in a day and there's millions of films out there.
If you actually think there's an official list of "100 movies you must see before you're 25" you must be a really sad person.

souce? especially bottom right

koyaanisqatsi

thanks. the others?

ghost dog: the way of the samurai

ok row by row they are

ghost dog, tropical malady, the rules of the game
playtime, late spring, a brighter summer day
three times, the spirit of the beehive, koyyanisqatsi

the le samourai references esp the tech change for the car stealing are also great, and so are gravediggaz

5/8 decent stuff, love the jarmusch
1/4 Inland Empire is nutty
2/5 odd chart
1/8 ok picks, just not to my taste, american werewolf is a laugh
2/3 love if ...
3/5 pkd and keaton and dupieux
1/6 poor taste, creep
aside: come and see is mad overrated
3/8 don't dig late malick myself
2/9 damn brother, stop trying so hard to obscure otherwise recognizable films
5/8 love repo man the jodo and keaton

in summary pic related for the lot of you

ghost dog
tropical malady
rules of the game

playtime
late spring
bright summer day

Zui hao de shi guang
spirit of the beehive
koyaanisqatsi

>odd chart
wat

this is Sup Forums i don't know what do you expected aside from shit taste

>Inherent Vice

I watched it a fourth time a couple days ago, it's so goddamn good. Honestly, I don't even see a flaw with it anymore

I feel the same way. I read the book a few months before the movie came out, and so the first time I saw it I was upset that the plot was rendered incoherent because of Puck's significantly reduced dialogue, but the second and the third time I watched it, I stopped caring about the plot and just paid attention to everything else. Once you realize the plot doesn't matter it becomes this nigh-perfect film.

I've never read the book, so my frame of reference is different, but while there's certainly enough to enjoy outside the plot, at this point I think deciphering the plot is the most fun. All the puzzle pieces are there, but you can't expect to get it all in any one viewing. There are so many things connected and it's awesome to figure out for yourself what is and what is just hippy delusions and paranoia.

I feel like at this point I have a strong grasp on everything that's going on, but there are still little things that don't quite add up yet. Either way, even if you can't see the big picture, it's easy enough to tell what's happening in each specific moment, and those things are great fun

Good Jarmusch taste

>and so are gravediggaz
yeah, hadn't listened to that album in like 4 years
good memories came back my man
btw have you seen quince tree of the sun?

In the book, Doc and Puck hangout for a bit and Puck leaks some expository dialogue that puts everything into perspective and gives you a clear sense of everything that's going down. So by the time Doc gets kidnapped by the big bad dude, you know why it's happening and the context of it all.

In the movie a lot of that "reveal" is left up for the viewer to surmise and largely infer from repeat viewings.

I don't know which I would prefer if I hadn't read the book first, but I will say that as much as I love the book, I prefer the movie.

can I get an ID on these movies? Almost all of them look like familiar but not what you'd recognize the movie for.

I can spot
Vanilla Sky
Blade Runner
The Shining

mmh a crime film where the plot doesn't matter... reminds me of something...

It's been a long time

This is the slow pace kino grid of excellence, comfiness and rewatch ability.

can someone explain ghost dog to me?

i watched it and i felt like i was watching a mediocre made-for-tv movie. not quite as bad as lifetime, but think a shittier blade.

what's the appeal? why is it a cult movie?

Bottom left?

The Master

weird, I've seen it. don't remember that scene for some reason.

It's towards the beginning after the farmer gets sick from drinking Freddie's concoction. The Asians chase him off

It's like a modern remake of Le samourai. But i would say that there's more emphasis of the morals of the characters.
Overall it has a nice atmosphere, and the story isn't too bad either. You watched some other jarmusch ? Do you have an opinion on him ?

10/10

buamap

I can't believe you actually liked Out of the Furnace

shit was so hamfisted and melodramatic. the only time i felt anything was when Bale was in prison. Affleck's character was so contrived and one dimensional I was going to start muting it when he came on

fuck your shit tastes (otherwise not a bad 3x3)

nah, I'll add it to my watchlist

Its like the adaptation of the aesthetic genius of Le Samourai and Branded to Kill combined with a morality tale involving the mixing of, parallels among, and social realities of different cultural groups. One of the best meditations on American outsider culture and how its shared across various lines of difference. Honestly an amazing film about America.

which one is your chart?

mine is

how come you haven't seen quince tree of the sun?
have you seen el sur?

like the last time a 3x3 was posted?

is that fucking Out of the Furnace? that movie was so awful.

1. its barely available and I don't like torrenting
2. yes

ok but don't be mad at me i just asked
did you like el sur?
i adore all of erice's work
tho spirit is still my favorite by far, such a warm film and so beautiful

I'm not. I remember enjoying it (its been a while), but spirit made a way bigger impression on me for those reasons and others. Sometimes, for me, I don't like rushing to finish a director's filmography that I like, even if its small (like him, Teshigahara, Tarkovsky, Tarr, Yang)

Solid.

well quince is very good
have you watched any of his shorts?
on an unrelated question, how would you rate tarks filmography?
id say (personal preference)
nosthalgia>andrei rublev>zerkalo>>>>>>>the rest which i don't like
and have you seen Der freie wille?

so far
Mirror>Solaris>Stalker>Ivan's Childhood and haven't seen the rest. no to both other questions, but the german one is actually at my local library. I'm sure its really good, just not in a rush or anything