/cfb/ general - WEEK ONE, FAM edition

Thursday, Sept. 1:
5 games start at 7pm EST, 4pm PST

>my cable/streaming package is ready

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/beINCOLLEGE/status/769916821130584064
twitter.com/FOOTBAUGH/status/769580280151552000
wqad.com/2016/08/25/ui-professor-worried-angry-herky-mascot-promotes-aggression-and-violence/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I really really want memphis to happen its a great fit across the board

Shit just saw you started your shitty thread here. Wanna use this one of the new one here?

twitter.com/beINCOLLEGE/status/769916821130584064

this ad though

Nah, next time check before you go creating new threads, mods will be along shortly.

>promoting your network by showing an incompetent announcer
Good job.

>my face when people actually think the team with the best defense and a top 10 offense in the country will miss the playoffs next season

>Brandon Peters (objectively and statistically the best QB in the 2016 recruiting class, it isn't even debatable)
>Ty Isaac (best RB in the game who will be 100% healthy, unlike the entirety of last year. he will put up 1200+YDs/10+TDs/5.0YPC)
>Jake Butt (a top 3 TE already going into this season, 1000+YDs/7+TDs)
>Sean McKeon (literally a Jake Butt-clone)
>Amara Darboh (top 10 WR, 900+YDs/5+TDs)
>Jabril Peppers (a black guy trapped in a black's body, one of the smartest players in football, elite measurables, incredible upside)
>Kareem Walker (one of the fastest and most explosive players in football)
>Joe Beneducci (best blocking FB in country)

>Best pass rush in the B1G
>Best LB corp in the B1G
>Best secondary in the country
>Top 5 D-Line

Barring major injuries to key players, there is literally no way the Wolverines are missing the playoffs this season

The Michigan B1G championship drought ends in 2016-2017

You can't prove me wrong

Cap it

This one was a couple minutes earlier so let's just use this shitty thread here. Will update other one to let people know to come here

>this one was made first
>this one was posted first
>this one has a better OP
>calling this one shitty while plugging your own
sounds like you're picking a fight bruh

>beIN SPORTS

I think I'd prefer LESS beIN sports, if you know what I mean.

Here is your Top 40 in the presesson AP and Coaches polls, organized by conference:

SEC WEST
#1/1 Bama
#5/6 LSU
#11/12 Ole Miss
#27/31 Texas A&M
#32/35 Arkansas
#33/38 Auburn
#36/NR Mississippi State

SEC EAST
#9/10 Tennessee
#16/18 Georgia
#25/25 Florida

ACC ATLANTIC
#2/2 Clemson
#4/4 Florida State
#19/23 Louisville

ACC COASTAL
#20/22 UNC
#26/26 Miami
#34/41 Pittsburgh

BIG XII
#3/3 Oklahoma
#13/14 TCU
#19/21 Oklahoma State
#21/23 Baylor
#32/36 Texas

BIG TEN EAST
#5/6 Ohio State
#7/8 Michigan
#11/12 Michigan State

BIG TEN WEST
#15/17 Iowa
#27/32 Wisconsin
#34/39 Northwestern
#37/38 Nebraska

PAC 12 NORTH
#7/8 Stanford
#14/18 Washington
#22/24 Oregon
#29/30 Washington St.

PAC 12 SOUTH
#17/20 USC
#16/24 UCLA
#28/28 Utah

INDEPENDENT
#9/10 Notre Dame

AAC WEST
#13/15 Houston
#35/38 Navy

MWC EAST
#28/30 Boise State

MWC WEST
#31/37 San Diego St.

C-USA EAST
#40/40 Western Kentucky

>not having at least half your conference in the top 40
>calling yourself a P5
YGSIU ACC

Someday CUSA West will rate.

Someday.........

Best week 1 game?

Okay, j/k, it's OU v Houston.

2nd-best week 1 game?

Best is USC/Bama you mong.

The prime time Sat nite game USC/Bama is one I'm most looking forward to
>classic 70s throwback
>last 3 times, the lower ranked team pulled of the upset
>last 2 times, the #1 ranked team lost

1945 - #3 **Bama** vs #7 USC

1970 - #3 **USC** vs #16 Bama

1971 - #5 USC vs #16 **Bama**

1977 - #1 USC vs #7 **Bama**

1978 - #1 Bama vs #7 **USC**

>2016 - #1 Bama vs #17 USC

LSU/Wisconsin

Who else is going to a game week one?
Just got my ticket to UH-OU pretty hyped.

>this was released by the Univ of Texas today

If we lose to Rhode Island I will cry

>fly over will be by a Lockheed Martin C-130J Super Hercules

who knew that damn cow had a stall right on the side of the field?

Longhorns team writer for 247Sports/CBS Garrett Callahan
@CallahanGarrett
12m
Texas is all ready with Bevo XV's new home on gamedays. He'll make his debut Sunday

Which team's qb will be the first to "accidentally" hit the cow with a throw out of the back of the end zone?

>5 days of college football for kickoff weekend
Beautiful

>Torrance Gibson suspended

Fucking hell that's a potentially huge blow to the WR corps

Texas head coach Charlie Strong on which QB will start bewtween Tyrone Swoopes and Shane Buechele
“They're both going to play,” Strong told reporters today. “Whoever the starter is, is going to be the starter.”
>Swoopes is a senior with 14 career starts. .
>Shane Buechele (pictured) is a true freshman that was recruited heavily by both Oklahoma and Texas

What are the odds we post 8+ wins?

Who /bet/ here?

>Navy in the top 40

Will they finish ranked this season?

Waiting for week 3.

where's the best place for a newbie to bet? I only know about Bovada. I just wanna deposit $100 and bet small amounts for fun, if it matters.

Notre Dame posted their 11 National Championship rings
>1924 Knute Rockne
>1929 Knute Rockne
>1930 Knute Rockne
>1943 Frank Leahy
>1946 Frank Leahy
>1947 Frank Leahy
>1949 Frank Leahy
>1966 Ara Parseghian
>1973 Ara Parseghian
>1977 Dan Devine
>1988 Lou Holtz

"no"

Will Kirby have these niggers ready to play this year?

Saban is one of 4 coaches to win 4 National Championships in
the modern-poll era:
>6 -- Alabama 's Bear Bryant
>5 -- Alabama's Nick Saban
>4 -- USC 's John McKay
>4 -- Notre Dame's Frank Leahy

So there's 4 games in the pick'em this week with the favorite being picked under 80%, the rest are very one-sided.

>Missouri 20.79%
>at West Virginia 79.21%

>#16 UCLA 50.99%
>at Texas A&M 49.01%

>#18 Georgia 73.70%
>at #22 North Carolina 26.30%

>Arizona 68.28%
>at BYU 31.72%

Who you got?

>SOON

WVU
UCLA
UGA (least sure on this)
Arizona

How do you feel about missing out on the shot to play in a P5 to the likes of Houston or Cincy?

My God, what is it with these TCU retards. I stop replying because I realize they're autistic and there's no reason to argue, but when I do I "have nothing else to say" and I'm "full of shit". My God, it's a continuous cycle of tard

>yes another texas team in the Big 12
Unlikely.

Ladies, ladies, ladies-- relax. You're ALL retarded as fuck.

The Marvel covers are old news, btw. Find new material.

Are they blowing up your phone with texts reminding you that TCU rules the state?

As much as I want Houston to go to a P5 conference, I really don't see how/why the BIG12 would want them.
Also excited to see how Navy/Memphis do this year after they lost their quarterbacks.

I think USF will be sneaky good this season.

Memphis should just scrap it's football program. Do they ever plan on building a stadium?

Is Nick Saban living proof that autistic manlets can become successful in life? Does this mean we have a chance lads?

>t. still buttblasted Ole Miss fan.

In a twist, Texas is the one pushing for them.

are you sad that the university of texas isnt even top 5 in the state of texas?

Any team that wins the AAC this year can have a legit case to join the Big 12.

Except Houston and Navy, because reasons.

WE BIG TEX CONFERENCE NOW

i do know Ole Miss is just a hour drive from Memphis. I've been to Memphis many times and Oxford once. I hate Ole Miss (their fans are so stuck up and preppy/yacht-club/fratboy) but at least it's a nice school in a nice town. Memphis is a shithole college in a shithole city and is an embarrassment to the United States that we all love. In Tennessee, Vanderbilt/Nashville is great, never been to Knoxville but i like Tennessee although they are red-necky

You faggots put Tennessee and Georgia above us last season too and we all know how that turned out

Meh. Think of what P5 money would do for them.

>cincinnati, oh is a shithole
>memphis, tn is a shithole
>houston, tx is a shithole

There's really no winning, here.

>implying its not all about money anyway

>provo, ut is not a shithole but there's nothing to do there
what do

Texas A&M or Mizzou should go back to the Big 12 and Memphis should come to the SEC 2bh

Nah. Thatd be fucked up.

Let's see the B1G invite Kentucky and the SEC invite Nebraska on the same day and we'll see who blinks first.

>mfw Big 12 gets Trianon'd until it's just Texas, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma St.
Anyway, breaking up the Texas/Texas A&M and the Mizzou/Kansas rivalry was the fucked up thing 2bh

Arkansas could even join the Big 12 and everyone would be none the wiser

Nothing can help the Univ of Memphis. It's basically a community college with a shitty $199.4 million endowment in a city that is 63.3% Black (27.5% white) and has a student body that is 36.4% Black (50% white). It's a total shithole.
>U of Memphis student demographics by Forbes

Got curious now.
Houston has a lot of Asians.

>1.1% non resident alien

Where are you finding these? I want to know my school's colored count.

U of Cincinnati is actually a good school with a $1.2 billion endowment...
it's the opposite of the U of Memphis which is basically a community college and a total shithole (the good school in Memphis is Rhodes College)
U of Houston, while not the total shithole the U of Memphis is, is still pretty crappy The good school in Houston is Rice University (and Texas A&M is just an hour and a half away)

I just googled "[school name] demographics" and checked the Forbes link.
>75%white
Stats don't lie.

twitter.com/FOOTBAUGH/status/769580280151552000

>Jim Harbaugh will never yell at you

Are we gonna see dank mehmehs like this or the FSU-Georgia Tech game this season /cfg/

>spics rule the Univ of Houston
>Univ of Houston only 28% white
if Trump gets invited to speak at the Univ of Houston graduation he is going to want to build a wall around it instead, same with many areas of Houston (Houston is the only place in America I've been with whole chunks of the city so heavily Latino that they don't even have signs in English...everything Spanish like they like they are in Mexico

>Houston is the only place in America I've been with whole chunks of the city so heavily Latino that they don't even have signs in English
You've obviously never been to any other border town or Miami then

>tfw your uni is 82% white
>tfw Asians outnumber the black people at your uni

I have been to Miami (awesome city even the Latin districts bc they cater to English-speakers) and I've lived in Houston (my parents and plenty of family and friends live there now) an lived in 4 other Texas cities (including in South Texas) and have crossed the border to Mexico and I've been all over Texas. Never seen seen a city with such large chunks of city all Spanish-only like they have in Houston like they think they are in Mexico, not even in the Mexico border towns i went to (which catered to American tourists). My Dad got so mad living in Houston with all the spics that's why he moved to 40 miles north to a nice white area

>Iowa

wqad.com/2016/08/25/ui-professor-worried-angry-herky-mascot-promotes-aggression-and-violence/

they call us yoU Cee Lotsa Asians for a reason

This is why we should abolish tenure

Is this basically just the same exact story as when they said the new UConn logo "promotes rape culture"? If so I don't need to read that again.

So is it really common for professors to browbeat their students with Marxist bullshit at major uni's or is it mostly just a Sup Forums meme?

well it's not exactly uncommon, but to say every single one does it is hyperbole. you'll also see it happen less in certain fields of study than others.

I'm a Poli Sci major, and I just got here but so far I haven't had a problem with it.
There's only one class where that's sort of happening, but then again it's an Environmental Politics in the Developing World class, so you can't expect much there.

What is a Marxist meme defined to you? If it's a one-party system then only right-wing Bible Belt Baptist schools. Everyone else celebrates freedom and diversity, some a little too much some way too much (U of Houston, U of Memphis, etc)

Ehh, Marxist probably wasn't the right word to use. I mostly meant the usual SJW shit where you have to spend an inordinate amount of time learning about gender pronouns and the how white people are responsible for everything bad, ever. Those social beliefs tend to be paired with certain economic beliefs though, which tend to be on the state control side.

Oh, all good US colleges are vast majority white Euro descendents. But as they maintain white rule they should take a minority of non-whites-of-Euro-descent and teach you to be sensitive about how shitty it is to be a non-white Euro from the poor class in the hope you hire or are cool with working with such types...as long as you keep them in the minority of course. As for China, they will overtake the US as the great superpower soon so we take a lot of Chinese in our PhD programs in the US and teach them to have mercy on the 2nd-rates as hopefully China shall have mercy on us once they become the GOAT nation

>take a minority of non-whites-of-non-Euro-descent
That was

>implying black people don't go to football games

This is my first time doing the pick'em, can someone post theirs a screenshot of their picks for this week and someone else rate it? I want to know what a reliable, good, safe prediction looks like.

Black people are doing all kinds of things, just like white people. But neither wants to go to some shitty ass Memphis football game. Memphis is a joke community college. You know you're a loser if you go there and just hope you get your nursing degree or whatever like anyone at their city's big community college does

Yeah, well, WVU is a shitty college too and look what happened.

Dude stop comparing black shithole community colleges in black shitholes like Memphis to a flagship US state school of their State like WVU (who has a good football program with a nice stadium and good history). That is the equivalent of the Univ of Tennessee not some shit black Memphis community college
>WVU demographics per Forbes

Plus, WVU just produced the 1st US Gold Medalist of the Rio Olympics (she was two-time-NCAA National Champion for WVU as an underclassmen for WVU's GOAT rifle team (WVU's mascot is a rifleman) before bringing home the 1st US Gold in Rio and heavily upsetting the multiple Chinese bitches who were favored to beat her. She's an American hero, you shithole Memphis-dweller that humiliates not only Our Great Nation but the State of Tennessee

>WAHHHHHH SEC SCHEDULING
>week 1
>plays USC, UNC, UCLA, Clemson ,and FSU

>ESPN2 is showing tennis on Saturday
>It's showing furpuck in two weeks
What the fuck ESPN?
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Are you retarded? Shit doesn't go down until Thursday. Today is not Thursday

>on saturday
>in two weeks
are you retarded

Tell me what game your retard brain is worried about and i will look it up for you and easily show you how to watch it.

i work a shitty job that is going to schedule me for weekends during football season

do you guys use tenyardtorrents? is it even worth watching my team's games via torrent because it will just get spoiled. should i give up on cfb this season?

only bc its week 1 and no one knows anything

You're missing the point
Why is ESPN showing tennis and furpuck instead of college football?