ITT: underrated players that casuals mistakenly think are overrated

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BLoR1_cNPxg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>ywn be a glorious blond boi
>ywn have petit's hair

feels bad man

t. casual

beckham was only good at FK. average at best at everything else. the worst player in those real madrid teams

t. ching yun yian pang

Not a Madrid fan by any measure but

Ringhio Gattuso

t. Never watched Man Utd Beckham

i dont watch english football. never liked premier league

only good answers actually

>argentina
>white

Nothing applies to this thread more than this guy right now.

Now plebs only remember him as "le hard guy"

Luck without question.

It's crazy how underrated Bale is. It sucks that he's playing in CR7s shadow. Carried the fuck out of Wales, very good free kicks, insane shot, ridiculous speed, good at headers, strong, skilled, and even can defend from his time spent at fullback. Literally the only reason he isn't on everyone's lips is because of Ronaldo. If I could take one player from Madrid and put him on my team, it would be him in a second.

Man he's gorgeous. I would totally go gay for him

That was Guti very average player who made some amazing looking passes but that is it.

Guti is probably the worse Madrid Legend in modern times.

he was world class at crossing and fk.
average at everything else

>leading active international goalscorer
>over 100 goals in the Premirship
>67 goals for a country that had no good players to back him up
>retiring this week
>whenever you bring up how good he's been all you get is "he never won a trophy, so he's shit", "it was always my dream to play for X" or "le meme flip man"
I'll miss you Robbie ;_;
youtube.com/watch?v=BLoR1_cNPxg

Anyone who thinks Klose was over rated is retarded beyond belief.

This guy would have been one of the greats of all time, up there with ed reed and ronnie lott.

Everyone thinks he's good though

LOL

totally agree

rooney is one of the best players for england ever

> Siemens mobile
RIP

He's got a semi

kek

Aden Azar

This thread is just filled with causal fans thinking their overrated stars are good

these. miss Robbie in the EPL

>'''underrated'''

The problem with Beckham is that he is become a celebrity during and after his football career, and celebfags (and casual) who know nothing about football think that he is one of the best of all time.
That's why Beckham IS overrated.

MICRO

He is though, especially after he got the WC goal record. He's not even in the top 50 strikers of all time.

You could say this about most players though. There's very few players in history that excel in more than a few attributes while being adequate at everything else. And Beckham wasn't just world class for these things, he's in the GOAT tier for what he was good at. Top 5 ever for crossing no doubt (nobody has come close in the 20 years i've been watching football, don't know about before that) Top 10-15 ever for free kicks, and his long range passing was also phenomenal, don't know where he'd rank for that though.

I agree 100% and dubs confirm.
Beckham was a wonderful midfielder.
Also, he was very aggressive on the pitch, the epitome of the english aggressive midfielder but with incredible skills and class and free kick prowess.
I was really happy when he came to play in Italy and I happened to see him play live

>that last comment
kek

what an excellent post that was

I don't think he's underrated, but his status of celebrity and rockstar never affected him. When he played at Halal he was forced to play out of his position and never complained, gave 100% effort every game and sacrifized himself in defence like he was some literally no one.

I can't see other players like Zlatan or Penaldo doing that, so all my respects for Beckham.

this

still funny

>defence like he was some literally no one.

hate utd but the class of '92 had great work ethics

sergio biscuits

I think Klose's career went on so long that it's easy to forget just how good he was at his peak.

Sometimes I feel Beckham would have done good as a deep playing midfielder like Pirlo and Alonso instead of out in the wings were pace babbies play

will never not be funny

>posted by a nip of all people

>not knowing Japan always brings the heat

>a tripfag
>and a leaf
Never before has anyone deserved their BTFOing as much as he did

Based Nippon

Is this serious? I mean, Bale is clearly one of the top players of the world, everyone knows it. It's like Nerman with Messi.

You start