Muh strong women

>muh strong women
Only The Dead Can Know Peace From This Evil

Then die, user.

You're about 30 years too late with this.

James Cameron managed to ruin them both.

Linda Hamilton in T2 is the only good strong female character ever made.

Pretty sure she Hamilton doesn't take on 10 armed soldiers effortless. She is just a mother looking to protect her child, with guns, not BS kingfu.

Also she is in great shape.
Compare that to the tits and dragons version.

Stronk women are OK but Hollywood doesn't know how to do it because they just want grill powder.

Full Metal Bitch from Edge of Tomorrow is the only good strong female character ever created.

she still looked a bit pudgey but 100x more belivable than the lazy mary sue crap we're getting these days
>Stronk women are OK but Hollywood doesn't know how to do it because they just want grill powder.
i dont have a problem with that its just they always cast out of shape 5ft nothing stickvagina's who couldnt wrestle their way out of a paper bag.

at least fucking cast actresses suitable for the roles both physically and mentally.

>Stronk women are OK but Hollywood doesn't know how to do it because they just want grill powder.
Wait, are you saying that women have to actually put effort in being strong and not just be women?

women shouldn't be strong. they should be beautiful and feminine. maculine women is degeneracy.

Literally couldn't think of any action movies with disgusting women in these days that's acceptable. I know there's been some, who are they?

>she still looked a bit pudgey

Because she was pregnant at the time, even then she still did a lot of her stunts.

No no, you're supposed to post a picture of some bitches from Game Of Thrones, or the nigger from Preacher.

You posted actual well-made strong female heroes.

I think there's definitely an argument for Carol, she's shown great character development from frail punching bag to all-round cold bitch, which is to say exactly what she needs to be to survive.

>Sigourney Weaver and Linda Hamilton will NEVER take turns stepping on your balls

Walking Dead Carol btw

It's funny that in a time when the pinnacle of the male action hero was that ridiculous walking special effect, Ahnold, these female action heroes were truly strong characters. Now the female characters make Ahnold look realistic.

Alice from RE is probably my favorite action star overall. The last two PWSA films are fantastic and Jovovich is great (she was great in the first one too)

After watching Haywire recently I'm positive that every action film is better with a woman as lead.

mary sues dont count

those were believable characters that were allowed to have flaws, not mary sues

Strong women done right.

>start off weak
>go through a trauma
>trauma causes them to 'man the fuck up' for the sequel

I hate this board.

Back to /polbr/ with you faggot.

the fuck is polbr

tumblr polblr :D

is my memegame lacking?

>strong emotionally
>weak physically
Is a pretty easy way to do a strong female character with flaws. Or if you want to flip the stereotype on its head, just reverse them - it basically describes Sarah Connor in Terminator 2.

what did we do wrong

>all dem expectations for a female character to lead a film.
>them zero expectations when someone like Tom Cruise is AFK on the screen

ya sure ya aint just a wee bit homosexual

Male characters are beset with plenty of autistic television and film stereotypes, you retard. The spotlight has just been put on female characters lately.

do you even know what AFK means?

Alien & Aliens Ripley was best Ripley.

But she had the best hair in Alien. She was so fucking hot.

Hnnng

This. Alien and T1 had strong women. Aliens and T2 had men with vaginas.

>woman in great shape

I guarantee you she'd shatter like fucking glass if you hit her. Being fit doesn't really mean anything when you weight 100 pounds soaking wet.

Trinity from matrix?

Haven't seen this. Do they refer to her as The Full Metal Bitch?

Posting a strong mom for thead.

>Do they refer to her as The Full Metal Bitch?

Yes, as well as the Angel of Verdun, reasons of which become more clear as the movie goes on, I'd watch it before you get spoiled.

>criticize shitty male characters
>"yeah that's true I guess"

>criticize shitty female characters
>"DUDE, ARE YOU LIKE GAY OR SOMETHING LMAO"

>not being turned on by the idea of a woman who can kick your ass
literally gay

Hell yeah, motherfucker!

Why does the GOT bitch look a bit pudgy in the face?
She doesn't belong there.

>implying
sarah connor was realistically strong
nowadays she would kill the terminator with one kick to the face and say
>Eat this, patriarchy!

>implying I couldn't beat the shit out of xena

Actual strong female women don't fit the hollywood standard bodytype.

they're not "strong women", they're just women.
and sarah connor in terminator II: judgment tay is without a doubt the epitome of a "strong woman" character, in my opinion. it's not just that she is strong physically and mentally, or that she has a vagina. a strong female character must be willing to make sacrifices (killing, for example), while still maintaining her femininity as a mother. sarah connor did exactly that, all while doing more pull-ups and push-ups than most men can do (and that's not an exaggeration). she was a cold and calculating manipulative killer, yet a warm and caring mother. her emotions made her stronger, not weaker as most female characters in film.

>nowadays she would kill the terminator with one kick to the face and say
>Eat this, patriarchy!

well in Genisys she did oneshot the original 80s Terminator briefly

no patriarchy lines tho

You would get your ass beat. Sure, you could take Lucy Lawless the actress, but Xena the character would make mince-meat out of you.

Or are you one of those people who bitch and moan whenever a work of fiction isn't 100% realistic? Also that woman in your pic is ugly as fug, pic related would have been a far better choice

Has Hamilton ever commented on Genisys?

>beatrix kiddo

Fuck you.

best strong woman coming through

>femininity as a mother

Shouldn't you be working on Avatar, James?

Turning Conner and Ripley into muscular "muh babeez" stereotypes is how he killed those characters.

this guy gets it.

Can't really find any articles, I guess she much like most people didn't care and didn't feel like talking a bunch of crap like JimCam did

>missing the point of the thread that the problem with stronk women characters are unrealistically portrayed

Congrats. You are the problem.

>fiction being unrealistic
>a problem
you are the problem, sperg

>>missing the point of the thread

OP is a fucking troll, fucktard!

Except that both of those characters are legitimately well rounded characters who exist organically in their universes and are therefore honest and good characters.

Ripley is shown to be an intelligent pragmatist who has a strong survival instinct. She see's the danger of just visiting the planet in the beginning, and the rest of the movie she drives the plot by continually trying to stop the alien, save her crew, and unravel the mystery. Nothing about her is dishonest or unbelievable at all.

Sarah is an even better example because in T1 she starts as a panicky idiot and GROWS to become a warrior by learning from Kyle and by not giving up when everything goes to shit. T2 is a great exploration of what she had to become in order to give her son the skills he needs to live, again in a believable and organic fashion. We see her transition from adolescent, to woman, to survivor, to warrior, to mother. All handled very well.

The worst shit is when people want a strong femal character who doesnt have to do any of the work to be strong, its just a given. Emilia Clark in the latest Terminator is a good example of this as she basically starts the movie by saying she don't need no strong man to protect her she's a modern woman, which is absolutely death for a character. Look as Sarah from T2. She is ripped and weathered and while I am pretty sure I could beat her I wouldn't want to fight her over nothing. Emilia looks like she's been eating sweet potatoes between takes and I am sure I could easily manhandle her. But people dont want earned strength, they want to be treated as strong regardless of actual strength of mind or character. Its Tumblr to the core. I wouldn't be surprised if Sarah has a purple streak in her hair in the next installment.

Sometimes I'm not sure who specifically to hate, but I know I hate this modern world.

I know what you mean, still only half way through last season though but I actually quite like Carol.

Like most of the character's on the show she's had to toughen up and the weakest are killed off, so it'd make sense that's she's less of the downtrodden abused woman we saw in the beginning.

I think she's just doing what she's know will be the best for the group in the long run, even if she's doing some pretty awful shit.

Ultimately though I don't think walking dead handles it particularly well though,

What bothered me most about Emilia Clarke was that I expected a portrayal of Sarah Conner to be tougher.
Instead of her just being a strong woman, we should've seen her grow while being protected by the old T-800.

I would've liked to see that.

Because Caloreesi was actually getting fat. However since her movie career tanked for the time being, she got her shit together and lost weight again

You mean Hudson? But he has never been mistaken for a man.

VASQUEZ IS MY WIFE

To be honest even she pushed it a little at times when she started getting into melee.

Imagine...

pushed what?

The bounds of believability obviously.

You do know you're supposed to suspend disbelief when watching a TV show right? Are you one of those people who yells "that would never happen!" or "so unrealistic!" while you're watching something? Disgusting

>She is just a mother looking to protect her child, with guns
This. She realised she had to become fucking badass to protect her son and by extension the entire human race. Humanity's fate rested on her ability to keep her son alive. Kyle Reece was dead so no one else was going to do it. So she went to the jungles of South America and became and learned to fight and survive.

i'd believe it

>i dont have a problem with that its just they always cast out of shape 5ft nothing stickvagina's who couldnt wrestle their way out of a paper bag.

yeah, some skinny fat bitch who obviously has never done anything more strenuous than walk to the muffing shop.

lucy lawless is like 6 ft 2, so at least is a little convincing in the role of an amazon

>Being fit doesn't really mean anything when you weight 100 pounds soaking wet.
Orly?

you probably couldn't because you're a fat little mlp bitch that has never been in a real fight in their life

first hit you'd get an adrenal rush and burst out crying

Alas, due to my having a functional brain I find it hard to infinitely suspend my disbelief.

fatty

what a porker

good post

really the main issue is lazy story telling. instead of developing characters they just use memes writ large

if by "functional" you mean "autistic" then sure

The only time a film/series should take you out of the moment is when it violates its own internal rules. If you watch a sci-fi/fantasy show and get annoyed at seeing something unrealistic, you are a retarded autist

this

hollywood tries to present women as men in women's bodies

but what makes hamilton work in terminator 2 is that she's protecting her child, she has a feminine motivation

that's not to say women don't seek power like men do, but they rarely do it physically

they tend to do it politically like clinton or thatcher

In all seriousness, do you think her son has ever jacked off to this scene?

>dem arches

You have shit taste if you accept everything a fantasy world throws at you just because it
follows the 'internal rules'. Some things are acceptable, others are pushing it too far.

I don't accept eating rat shit just because it follows the internal rules of my nearest mudslime takeaway.

>Some things are acceptable, others are pushing it too far.
So a woman from a genetically-engineered race of aliens kicking someone's ass is pushing it too far? Fuck off sperg

>I don't accept eating rat shit just because it follows the internal rules of my nearest mudslime takeaway.
What kind of dumb analogy is this? Kill yourself

your tastes aren't patrician, they are anal retentive

>in great shape
i still love the first time you see her in T2 when she's working out on her bed frame. great contrast to her in the first movie, great character development

i'll take a snu snu

THIS. This x90000. Youre one of the good anons.

this movie kinda sucks, but it was still sorta awesome to see a hot woman go through the SEALs training all while getting abused. good for her for making it through. the movie royally fucks up by making her the savior of her team at the end, of course

You literally have the mental capacity of a chimp.

It must embarrassing for actors/actresses who get recast into iconic roles to see side by side comparisons of their respective portrayals. Especially in situations like Sara Coner, where body type is so important.