SONY MARKETING CHANGING THE GAME

youtube.com/watch?v=TQ85g2Al1ZA

So, what is this new type of marketing called?

Where you get your "stars" and whole PR department and affiliates to outright, constantly offend the audience who's supposed to watch your movie? This has never been tried before.

Will it work? Do you think other movies will follow this formula if it does?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OHVjs4aobqs
hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/robert-zemeckis-back-future-remake-805887
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This is all going to implode in our lifetime. arre you ready? Are you ready to watch the world burn?

there is no chance things can go on like this unopposed for long.

The " we know goobergaters will keep talking about it so its fine" marketing plan

the "youre mother's a whore and you a smelly virgin if you dont see it" as a tagline on the end of the trailer marketing plan

why don't they realise that people aren't mad that there are female ghostbusters but mad what hollywood has done to the franchise. as far as I see, hemsworth is a ghostbuster as well

just look at the trailer
>not a single funny joke
>CGI is abysmally bad
>actresses in the ghostbusters team aren't able to pull off the jokes except for wiig who doesn't even have the opportunity to pull off a good joke due to the bad script
>actresses suffer due to the terrible script

even if it was an all male ghostbusters with literally the same script, it would be bad as fuck. it is really amusing to see how bad sony is at handling bad viral marketing. it really shows how bad they are as a company

I can't wait to see how hard this flops.

Funny how they're trying to guilt the audience into watching this rubbish.

Doubt it will work though.

this is literally the most aggressive marketing campaign ive ever seen..and by aggressive I dont mean its everywhere and shoved down your throat, I mean they are literally aggressive and hostile towards their target audience
>you
>fucking
>suck
>just
>watch
>the
>fucking
>movie
>you
>piece
>of
>shit
>goddamn

nah, won't work. it will only backfire and make matters way worse

the way I see it and from the studies I have read for one of my university home assignments, users react really shitty when it comes to stuff like this. that way, the potential viewers they could have had in the form of men will be alienated even more

just imagine someone telling you that all your friends are retarded but you can come to a birthday. you would stay at home. same thing will happen here

The PR are trying to create reasons to explain when the movie bombs
imagine being the responsible for this movie, when shit hits the fan Sony execs will come for his head so he may tell them: ''w-well it's not our fault nerds are mysoginists, just look the jimmy kimmel video''

>Funny how they're trying to guilt the audience into watching this rubbish.
>Doubt it will work though.

Not a single chance it will.

> it is really amusing to see how bad sony is at handling bad viral marketing. it really shows how bad they are as a company

They are far and away the most inept studio out there. It's baffling how the continually make such awful decisions.

Please don't call my mom a whore

They knew that the fans would not accept anybody except the original cast.

The original cast doesn't want to do it / is too expensive / died.

So they went with plan B: Make all the GBs female and tell people who don't accept the cast that they're being sexist, thus shaming the people into pretending to like the movie.

It's actually kinda brilliant.

>it's ghostbusters!
>it has bill murray in it!

my normie friends are still going to go see it and there's nothing i can do to stop them

Sony is near bankrupcy. A lot is riding on this movie's opening weekend gross.

>They are far and away the most inept studio out there.
How DARE you?!

It totally is. and I mean, sony has been in the business for decades. this shouldn't happen, like AT ALL.

they should have their marketing team analysing the situation and changing their trailers according to said situation. the best way to attract people who shit on you is to prove them wrong and to grab the people who are on the fence of watching the movie

at this point though, I don't even know whether sony is really aware of what they are doing. they seem to have the worst possible and most incompetent employees in a company related to movies..... ever

>It's actually kinda brilliant.

No, it isn't. This turd will be the biggest bomb since 1945.

>Studios give zero fucks about the film
>They just make powerpoint presentations about how to most effectively turn it into a commercial

This is why film is dying as a medium.

They make Tommy Wiseau look good. btw Hi Mark!

This. Everyone is so intent that reason this movie is getting so much hate is because its an all female cast.

I hate this movie because its another movie using a popular franchise name to make money. We dont need all these reboots, spinoffs, and remakes. Why couldnt they make a movie about 4 woman who study the paranormal and are called to inspect paranoral activities (sort of like the Warrens). There can easily be horror/comedy made about this kind of shit without slapping ghostbusters onto it. But hollywood needs that money. They need it bad, and they truly believe that the only way people will go to the movies is if they are watching something familiar in some way, and how do they do that? By using a familiar name like ghostbusters.

This all female ghostbusters movie looks to have nothing going for it besides the Ghostbuster name, and for the cast and people involved to cry 'Misogyny!' Is complete ignorance on their part.

In any event, it's the best choice they could make (assuming they make the movie at all). I can't think of a better strategy and it could actually work. Sites like this are not representative of the general public.

They are just trying to appeal to the easily persuaded crowd that will think that people will think they are losers if they don't go see this movie. I won't see this piece of shit because it looks terrible, and the way they talk about an all female cast as if the only reason they did it was because the women were funny is laughable. All these actresses are charmless and unfunny, they clearly only casted them to get the feminist dollar

I mean if you keep making threads about it on Sup Forums on a constant basis and giving it the attention it doesn't deserve then yeah it will certainly sway the idiotic masses that frequent this stupid ass board.

What if it does well?

>Sites like this are not representative of the general public.

Normietube is. And it's not showing a positive assessment.

Impossible.

Guaranteed replies, no finer drug in the world.

I can't believe they actually did it. Not just on their personal twitter accounts, but literally go on a popular show and tell the audience that you can't dislike it and if you do you're a loser nerd who lives with his mom.

I honestly can't believe it and there's people out there who watched this and probably clapped

What did the blond one mean by this?

youtube.com/watch?v=OHVjs4aobqs

That's just an excuse people use to hide their sexism.

You don't see the same amount of hatred directed at other cashgrabs. Why is that?

I would fire every single person responsible for this movie. you just have to know that shit like this will happen when in a company like that

They are far and away the most inept studio out there. It's baffling how the continually make such awful decisions.

I know, right? I just can't imagine how stupid everyone involved is. on the other hand though, a few days ago, I had a course at university with a professor who told us that US companies in general don't like criticism given by employees. judging from the sony leaks e-mails, the same thing applies here. every single one of those e-mails praises ideas which would induce vomit in every single person watching the movie in planning

>They knew that the fans would not accept anybody except the original cast.

except that's not the case. actual fans are able to accept a lot of stuff. what fans and plebs AREN'T willing to accept is bad writing and a boring story

if this bombs, it will definitely not be because of fans but because plebs who know jack shit about ghostbusters

best thing sony would have had going for them would've been the ghostbusters-all-over-america thing with several teams in other states. with a good story of course

Someone should photo shop a cumming dick into her hand and cum onto her face.

Then expect the next Bond, Indiana Jones and Marvel property to be female.

Probably a Back to the Future with a female Doc Brown.

We do see it. Where have you been?

Just some armpit fanservice.

>I know, right? I just can't imagine how stupid everyone involved is. on the other hand though, a few days ago, I had a course at university with a professor who told us that US companies in general don't like criticism given by employees. judging from the sony leaks e-mails, the same thing applies here. every single one of those e-mails praises ideas which would induce vomit in every single person watching the movie in planning

I'd believe that, especially in an industry as superficial and ego driven as Hollywood filmmaking.

I'm afraid to disappoint but I don't have those skills fa.m.

>he wasn't there when people lost their shit over the Robocop reboot and the new male Lewis

>Making these threads everyday, several times a day, nonstop

Who's paying you for this?

After Hobusters, Hocean's 11 and the next fe-make go bust I'm sure Hollywood will quietly sweep the femake plans under the carpet for a while and focus on things proven to be profitable.

I don't see tons of movies getting so much hate that it makes the news.

Kristen Wiig has looked soulless and empty for months now. Is she ok?

>he's surprised capeshit is nothing but making as much money as possible
you might be mentally handicapped

He's doing it for FREE... Sony products.

I'd do it myself but it's 2:03 am and I have work in 7 hours. I should really be in bed. This is pathetic that I'm still on here at this time.

ITT We predict the RT %

>13%

he knows

Making the news=/=level of hate

The fact that it's capeshit is meaningless. Look at the other powerpoints. All films, regardless of genre, are just seen as extended commercials by studio execs.

Works for people like Anita sarkeesian

please

the robocop reboot didn't receive 1/100th of this ire.
why do people have trouble admitting that they don't want to see an all female cast of an all male movie?

38% RT
29 MC

Robocop reboot was alright though. It's nowhere near the masterpiece the original film was, but it's still a decent film.

>76%

>a few missteps can't stop this fresh and often funny reimagining from breaking new boundaries and changing the way films are perceived

>you aren't allowed to criticize shitty things because I said so
>the "bad press is good press" meme
bad press kills movies, we are contributing to it's downfall. I couldn't be more happy

who's mark?

>We dont need all these reboots, spinoffs, and remakes

I wouldn't say we don't need any. for example, I think the robo cop remake could've taken off perfectly if the script had been better. we just don't need BAD remakes. modern hollywood has turned to shit and the exceptions are in astoundingly small numbers

yeah, a bad script and unfunny jokes are totally an excuse for my hiding my sexism. just cut the fucking crap. I like wiig as an actress and even feel bad for mccarthey, whom I usually can't stand at all. it's not the women that make this movie bad, it's the men (the director, the writers, the suits) behind the scenes

The only way you can prove your mom isn't a smelly whore is by paying to go see be new Ghostbusters out in theaters on July 15.

Can't remake Back to the Future while Bob Gale is alive he owns the rights to it.

that reasoning actually made me understand why ticket sales are getting smaller. the quality is shit and people notice that, even plebs

>we
Do you have proof you are a local of Sup Forums and not a meme tourist?

This is Like communist propaganda.
The point is to assert absurd things as fact and then attack those that oppose it.

They have an army of people working with them.

And from a marketing angle, it will work.
They will make some money from this, it won't be a big hit but all this shit they kicked up is gonna raise the profile of a film that without the bullshit around it, would fail massively.

WHO GIVES A FUCK

the movie will bomb so who gives a flying fuck

because the robo cop movie wasn't bad? it was okay and as far as I remember, it had decent earnings

>the robocop reboot didn't receive 1/100th of this ire.

fucknog, I guess you never visited a single "MUH BLACK TACTICOOL SUIT!!!!!" thread

You can only dress up a turd so much before people can no longer ignore the smell.

The news wouldn't cover it if it wasn't noteworthy.

Bob Zemeckis also said that the only way to remake Back to the Future was over his dead body. And he meant that literally.
>In an interview with the Daily Telegraph, Zemeckis, who directed all three films in the iconic time-travel franchise, said "Oh God, no" at the possibility of a remake or a Jurassic World-type continuation, adding that it "can’t happen until both Bob [Gale] and I are dead." Gale was co-writer on all three films.
hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/robert-zemeckis-back-future-remake-805887

I still don't get this whole situation. Ghostbusters is shit and the new Ghostbusters also looks shit. But people love shit, and the only difference is that this shit has a meme all-female lead cast.

I already pre-ordered tickets to see the new ghostbusters 2016™.

Aye. People aren't mad solely because they are female but rather because they were cast due to them being female and not because they were appropriate for the role.

Feminism = giving money to the white males running Columbia, and refusing to criticize any of their products

They realize that.
It is just obvious deflection

They lumped in all the valid complaints with the sexist ones.

Just imagine your sloppy a bit fat mommy on my dick

This film will be a financial and critical success because of its deep roots in feminism.

These threads wouldn't exist if they didn't play the victim card all the time. If they didn't go from show to show telling everyone how "manbabies" aren't watching it because of muh females

But they do and that triggers /t/v/

It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off!

This movie is gonna flop so hard. I'm not even a racist MRA faggot like you clowns.

While I generally approve of social justice issues, this is just appropriation of actual issues in order to boost sales of some corporate jew who doesn't actually give a fuck about women's issues

I also find it hilarious how much they are putting in to advertising this movie, because no matter how much they advertise it, nobody is going to see it. Racists won't see it; MRAs won't see it; even SJWs like myself won't see it because I'm woke enough that I'm not being browbeaten into seeing some shit movie just to advance an agenda that's not actually being advanced.

>fucknog, I guess you never visited a single "MUH BLACK TACTICOOL SUIT!!!!!" thread

>specific thread i've never heard of
>compared to something that's been on Sup Forums's frontpage since inception and isn't even out yet
thanks for proving my point

I don't even understand how you can make Ghostbusters look so fucking bad? Ghostbusters is a great concept, but somehow Sony managed to completely fuck it up.

So if manchildren are the only opposition to feminism (and are a minority of the population, given that we actually have a functioning society), why is feminism even necessary? How is it brave?

Fuck off newfag.

This movie won't do horribly because people will pay money to see how bad it is.

No one hated Angels of Chalie, you fucko

nah man shes tired.

8/10 not bad

not bad for what?

does that read like a troll post? it obviously isn't

not an argument.

not that guy, but the notion that robocop got this much hate is blatantly disingenuous

It got the same amount of hate from me.

It got the same hate, it's just that the hate didn't get a misaligned response in the form of "muh feminism"

Sony are drowning out the actual complaints with "sexist sexist sexist!"

Sure, man.

maybe from you; I wouldn't dispute that. but overall, it's not comparable

it really didn't m8
I'm not sure if you're trying to implant false memories into me, but it's really not going to work.

Taglines, old and new:

Old
>The adventure of a lifetime!

New
>If you don't watch this movie you're a virgin with no friends and you hate women!

yes it did
the only difference was the protagonists and PR team of robocop didnt go around on interviews shittalking people who didint like the movie...thats why the hate is more vocal with this piece of trash.

>Escape from New York
>starring Scarlett Johansson or Margot Robbie
>duke of New York is now a straight white male who makes fun of snake for being a woman
>constant "I was expecting a man" lines
>hardened criminals overpowered in flashy hand to hand by femsnake
>quips
>president a black man probably Jamie Foxx or Idris Elba
>doesn't fuck over snake in the end or kill the Duke
>Fires the general who put the bomb in snake because "she saved me"
>also comes out the general was hoping for the mission to fail to prevent the president from succeeding in his plan to "move the stale conservative govt. forward"
>Also hates him for being black
>oppressive government depicted as overtly "patriarichal"
>"Welcome to the human race" become "Welcome to [current year]"
>Kurt Russell makes a cameo as the taxi driver... he dies after saying "sent a woman to do a man's job" in disbelief at snake being a woman.
>this scene is to set up a climactic battle with some capeshit tier Uber henchman
>Femsnake beats his ass suffering only minor bleeding from the mouth from a sucker punch.

SO IT IS SAID SO SHALL IT BE!

Initially it got the same hate.
Then they nutured that

The fact that you think I should feel responsible for random people on the internet is so fucking retarded.
This goes further than judging the actions of a group by the actions of a few people
This is judging people based on other people they have no affiliation with.

>inb4 ghostbusters threads every other day
>inb4 more ghostbusters discussion world wide
>inb4 ghostbusters makes over 30+ million profit

what the fuck is a femshake?

I mean McCarthy does have a point my mom is a fucking cunt

But still this Ghostbusters looks unfunny as fuck.

Liberal retards are going to eat this shit up though $200 million opening weekend desu