I just moved to the bay area a month ago from an area with no pro football and am gonna pick an NFL team to root for...

I just moved to the bay area a month ago from an area with no pro football and am gonna pick an NFL team to root for. The questions is should I become a Raiders fan or a 49ers fan?

Tell me why I should pick one over the other Sup Forums.

where do you live? that matters.

> just moved to the Bay Area

Another 150k starting Google engineer huh

the collosseum is a shithole, levi's is an overpriced piece of shit

49ers fans range from average white guys to mexicans, Raiders fans range from black guys bordering on thugs to rowdy mexicans

raiders will undoubtedly be doing better this year than the 49ers

I want to emphasize how much of a shithole the collosseum is, though

I live in Fremont in the south east bay. I'm almost the same distance from the Coliseum as I am from Levi's Stadium.

Not at all. I'm an accountant.

god damm,coliseum. your spelling is atrocious.

I live in Minnesota and have never been west of North Dakota so I have no idea what the actual culture is in your bay area thing you got going on.

But from my outsiders point of view the Niners seem like the classier, albeit more feminine choice. The Raiders are the trashy but masculine choice.

I'd go with the Raiders but I'm a small town hillbilly

>Raiders
Strong history with retarded fans who dress like they are going to an opera rather than a football game. Cool unis and have a bright young team.

>49ers
Strong history with mostly Mexican fans, same as Raiders. Will probably be complete shit for the next 5+ years minimum.

Honestly you should probably go 49ers because the odds of the Raiders changing towns is high at this point.

>Fremont
POO IN LOO

Once again, I'm not an engineer.

>49ers
>SF giants

A's and Raiders will relocate soon

>Strong history with mostly Mexican fans
>implying they can afford tickets at levis

>49ers
Great fans.

>raidniggers
Enjoy getting shot by a Mexican

If you're about appearances I guess $(ers since they have a newer stadium.
Raidniggers usually have the more diehard fans, but way more delusional
desu

I've noticed that on Sup Forums even. Raiders fans tend to be more delusional.

Also, are Raider fans really that much more "hood" than 49ers fans?

you moved to the bay area. strike 1.

you come to Sup Forums asking who to support. strike 2.

go on...

have you...been by oakland at all?

Being a 49ers fan is all about being full of yourself and prideful. But don't think that makes them weak, they can be just as nasty as Raiders fans.

Being a Raiders fan is about being a rowdy thug and being proud of it.

Basically, do you want to be a bad boy or a golden boy?

R A I D E R S

PARA VIDA HOMES.

OP here. Thus far it seems like this

49ers:
Pros
>Nicer stadium
>More moneyed/richer fans
>Great history
>Will never leave the bay area

Cons:
>More expensive

Raiders:
Pros:
>Great history
>Cheap seats
>More masculine?

Cons:
>Rowdy/dangerous fans
>Might move to elsewhere soon
>Shitty stadium
Does that sum it up? Anything I'm missing?

the 49ers currently are and will be shit for the forseeable future

I lived in SF for 7 years. Niners fans are insufferable, entitled titty-babies - the worst fan base I have ever encountered.

Raider fans are a bit sketch on the surface, they'll drink a beer and smoke a bowl with you.

Forgot that. That's a pretty big factor. Can the Raiders make the playoffs this year? Also, if they make the playoffs, would they be more likely to stay?

49ers cons:
>front office and ownership is Cleveland Browns-level incompetent

But I'd take all of that over a team that's going to move

i just moved to the bay area too. im in oakland. anyone want to hang out right now?

see raiders are trending up but their odds of relocation are relatively high and their fan culture is love it or hate it. if you're not familiar with how some raiders fans dress up and act, go look into that. we both have mexicans in our fanbases which is why we're not allowed to play each other in preseason anymore, too many stabbings. the 49ers stadium isn't quite as nice for how new and costly it was though, it's just that the raiders stadium is shameful.

t. niners fan

49ers and Raiders have a nice mixture of fans. Literally people of all races root for both teams.

The only real difference is the culture of the fanbases. Raiders have a way stronger culture that encourages their fans to be assholes. Niners don't.

Nail on the fucking head.

Also Female 49ers fans > Female Raiders fans

How do Raiders fans really feel about the prospects of relocation? I feel like things have shifted towards "if it's Vegas, let them go", but I doubt that's popular opinion

On the way to the game on Saturday I was talking to an old black guy that said he would riot if the Raiders left Oakland

I can't speak for them since I'm not located in the bay area right now, but from what I've seen online what the oakland-based fans are hoping for is a private group in oakland to step up and fund a new stadium in Oakland so that they can stay where they belong, and if that can't happen then it's a split between staying in their run-down shithole or moving to vegas.

of course, there's a large raiders presence in southern california too, who want the raiders to just move back "home" to LA.

Yeah the Raiders are also big in the LA area too not just the Bay, so you get a ton more of those retards.

Niners went from 3 consecutive ship games & 1 owl appearance to a bottom 3 team in the span of 2 years simply by picking muh racism over Smiff. They're done for a minimum of 5 more years
Raiders can only get better, and will probably be consistent playoff contenders in a year or two

the funny thing is that people think kaep is actually some sort of symapthetic activist and not just a guy who likes to sit and has a convenient excuse

That's something I can't stand about the 9ers. Fucking Kaepernick always being a drama whore in addition to being a shit QB.

>simply by picking muh racism over Smiff

That was the least consequential thing that happened.

We already saw Alex Smith quarterbacking the dysfunctional 49ers and it almost ran him out of the league.

Why does everyone ignore the first 5 years of Alex Smith's career?

because they think Harbaugh permanently fixed him I guess

Because in those years he was in the Bears Cutler situation, where he has a new head coach every year, a new offensive coordinator every 3 months, and any offensive player that looks even remotely good one season is gone the next
Harbaugh got there and made it a constant atmosphere, and lo and behold Smiff was a top 10-15 QB the entire time until they dumped him

OP here. I'm gonna be a Raiders fan this season. If they stay, I'll stay loyal.

>and if they don't, then I won't
Shit fan, we don't want you.

You know for the past 5 years its been the Niners fans stirring up shit, like that stabbing at candlestick.

that's why they don't let us play each other in preseason anymore.

>fremont
>bay area

poo in bin lad

fuck you OP it's Raiders for life or don't join us... if you cant be with us during our tough years or if they move... then we don't fucking need you! Raiders for life no matter where they move!

Just be a rams fan. Fuck the gay area