NWR ON SUICIDE WATCH, WILL HE FINALLY GIVE UP?

NWR ON SUICIDE WATCH, WILL HE FINALLY GIVE UP?

Looks mixed.

It's an arthouse film, not mass appeal blockbuster trash. It's common for arthouse films to receive divisive reviews.

That's exactly where I'd expect a Refn film to be.

like your wife's son

Confirmed niche masterpiece just like OGF

>implying Refn gives a shit about critics
He obviously cares more about his vision than appeasing plebs.

Its weird since its accessible as drive/bronson and as pretend depthcore as OGF

Maybe critics are finally growing out of highschool movie buff stage now

the lower it goes, the more cool visuals and elle fanning tatas and feets and tummies you know are in it. i'm getting excited.

Explain why Upstream Color got such high reviews on Rottentomatoes, as well as Tree of Life

Horror has always been a genre that receives lots of shit from critics. John Carpenter's The Thing is a fucking masterpiece but when it came out critics cried "it's too dark! The gore is gross!"

You fucking cinema embryo

Have you ever seen his documentary "My Life Directed By Nicholas Winding Refn"? He literally has breakouts and goes into depression because of the public opinion

>polarized reviews

kino confirmed

Those films are exceptions.

exactly

malick is entry level trash for pretentious hipsters, of course everything he does is the second coming to these faggotz

that's a much better score than I expected

But Melacholia is literally planets better than Anti-Christ.

Because they actually have skill in communicating deep themes in films unlike Refntino

Are you fucking kidding? When I saw that film in the theater, a good 50% of the audience left the theater, and they looking like your typical brain dead faggots.

Who is this neon demon?

Part 1 of Melancholia is shit, but part 2 is kino Part 1 of Nymphomaniac is kino, but part 2 is shit

Take out Lost River

Switch vvitch with Lords Of Salem

add Stretch

I agree, but the embryo didn't put it into his entry level chart

more like semen demon amirite lads

Who is this neon semen demon

Sometimes critics are wrong, but YOU JUST KNOW that it's going to be an abortion of a film when both critics AND the audience hates it.

He strives for his movies to be around 50%. Said so himself.

>you aren't allowed to have genuine discussion threads about neon demon because the actress upsets Sup Forums
>you can only have meme shitposting ones that Sup Forums would like and limit the chance of actress being posted
TAKE ME BACK TO 2013

every time i hear elle fanning laugh i just want to cum all over her face

BOOM

so fuccn lewd

You know, the wedding portion of the movie kind of grows on you over time. Maybe it's Eric Selivg throwing that plate at the food stand. Maybe it's John Hurt's warming liquor like preformance as a Jesus Christ allegory. Maybe it's Tim getting his "tag line"... But it becomes slightly less boring over time.
But otherwise, I agree. Claire > Justine
Haven't seen Nymphomaniac yet. Should I save 5.5 hours of my day to watch the whole thing or watch it with a break? I feel like the latter option would make the latter half seem better.

Yeah, that's his fault. Only great scenes are "CHAOS REIGNS", and the genital gore. I always wondered what the Foe's penis looked like. I was not impressed.

>tree of life
Kill yourself, pleb.

>ironing board

Just admit that you're secretly gay for little boys, fa/tv/irgings.

>two films
Oh wow, you sure proved that arthouse isn't a divisive genre. :^)

Reminder that most of David Lynch's filmography, Days of Heaven, Badlands, 2001: A Space Odyssey and many other artsy films received a lot of shit from critics when they were initially released.

The difference being critics have more open minds these days and critics back then weren't used to art house films. How desperate are you that you need to defend some fag's movies?

Hes just a pleb that knows nothing about film

>received a lot of shit from critics when they were initially released
This is literally the go to thing for plebs like him. it's like when someone posts that C. S. Lewis quote about "childish things" yet they have no idea how much of a cunt Lewis was about lesser things.

Well said