Bong moving to Qatar

>offered a job in Qatar
>works out as £6000 per month supposedly tax free but not entirely sure how it works
>3 Bedroom Apartment paid for by company
>Health insurance

Anyone know of people who have moved out or what it is like? My plan would be to work there for around 10 years investing my money into commerical property to rent in London or another city then come back and hopefully live like a comfy neet.

If you don't take that deal, send it my way. Just beware of the 40+ degrees everyday for 7 months.

>10 years
I highly doubt you'll last that long, but fucking go for it. their countries would grind to a halt without british and other expat workers, so you will find a lot of other westerners and stuff catered for you. be very careful drinking though, shit can go wrong even if you're doing stuff by the book.

>arab beats you up
>police attend
>lol ur drunk? jail

oh it's fucking mega boring though. arabs are literally the worst. if you don't like wearing designer clothes and shit there's nothing for you. tearing up the dunes in vehicles i guess.

>>works out as £6000 per month supposedly tax free but not entirely sure how it works
Holy fucking shit. Are you working in people smuggling or something?

>Just beware of the 40+ degrees everyday for 7 months.
By the sounds of it user will be spending most of his time in air conditioned rooms.

good pay, but remember these cities are like new world, except without the coolness of america or the weirdness of the middle east.

I'd say do 5 years absolutely. 10 years you won't last

>£6000
what the fuck do you do? I heard Qatar is moving away from oil and investing in banking.. Are you a investment banker or something like that?

A friend of mine did this. He got a job in dubai and earns around 60000 SEK (6000 €) monthly. I visited him once for around a week and it was great. It is hot as fuck but it was full with westerners. There is many different restaurants so you can eat whatever you want. And no you dont have to be afraid of arabs beating you up since you will live in a good part of city. Nobody dares break the law because there is security cameras everywhere and doing something small like stealing will end up with you getting decapitated. There will be many indians/south asians who work there building stuff but they dont really affect you. You should definitely consider taking the job.

How do you get a job like that?
I'm an engineer and would love that.

For 6k pounds a month I'd go to the Mongolian steppe desu senpai

Thats fine, I live in England where it's bleak all the time so it will be a welcome change

Why wouldn't I last Ten years? The wife and I don't drink alcohol.

Corporate Communications Manager, On £45k in the UK.

Linkedin and general networking. Got to know a recruitment agency and asked for overseas jobs

I met an Australian guy who works as a lawyer for a gas company in Qatar while I was travelling in Portugal. I talked to him about it and he seemed very pleased.

I would take it in a heartbeat but then again, I don't feel a particularly strong connection to my city or country as I have no friends and no family.

>tfw 1/10th of that shooting people next door

>Why wouldn't I last Ten years?
because their culture is abhorrant and alien, i don't drink either, but it's way deeper than that. i know some people who've done longer in uae but not in one stint. 2 years there -> 2 years home -> 2 years in the sandpit -> 2 years home etc.
your wife will hate it btw, unless she's a prada/champagne wannabe sociallite type (these are the only type of grills I know who've 'made it' there)

>because their culture is abhorrant and alien
but we arab immigrants in general survive in the west for even longer periods and even create 2nd and 3rd gen immigrants

There's a big difference between Dubai and Doha. They both used the "if you build it they will come" approach to commercialization and tourism, but the Qataris are elitist cunts with no social skills who would blame the customer for a failing business. Not that most of the vendors you'd meet are Qataris--I think something like 25% of the country is ethnic Qatari, and those who are sit on fat pensions and legal immunity.

Tl;dr Qatar a shit.

what recruitment agency m8? a big one?

>but we arab immigrants in general survive in the west for even longer periods
Because the west bends over to cater to your needs, but you don't do the same for us.
Of course you're going to be fine in the west because people are happy to label themselves white devils and racists who need to repay the world for being white, while there's no shortage of third worlders who will beat the shit out of you for even being in their general vicinity.

Because arabs even hate arab culture

My dad works in Qatar.

There is nothing to do except mall shopping, watching TV, going to the gym and browsing the internet.

I hope you enjoy all those.

man I wouldn't even mind living somewhere like tunisia, but the gulf arabs are on a different level.

>I think something like 25% of the country is ethnic Qatari, and those who are sit on fat pensions and legal immunity.
i think most of the gulf countries are like this. they are all rich as fuck, basically on an educated westerners salary in bennies.

I'm sure there is an expat community that aren't complete assholes. Wife already runs a health spa where we live and makes a modest living. She wants to create a franchise in Doha, taking all those prada/champagne wannabe sociallite types money I guess.

A small one, but owned by Ranstad.